- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at InvenSense full-timeRecommendsNo opinion of CEORecommendsNo opinion of CEO
It's a small company, so you can get to know many of the decision-makers personally and get your ideas implemented. Benefits have improved over the past year, particularly vacation time. Working hours are longer than 9--5 or even 9--6, but still pretty reasonable, and I've seen people exercise a lot of flexibility.
Procedures are not very well established. Some departments are stuck in a mindset of chasing customers instead of building a solid foundation for the future. These departments also have high turnover. To avoid this as a job candidate, just ask your interviewer how many people have left the group in the past year.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.
Application: Applied on one of the top job portals. Was contacted withing a week. My first impression was that the recruiters look for good local candidates.
Was called on site for First round with the hiring manager. This was a basic get-to-know-you round with one technical question on bit manipulation. The rest of the questions were on my resume. He let me know that I will be called for the next round and the recruiter will be in touch with me.
I was called for the next round after 2 weeks.
Second round was 4 interviews. They were all 45 minute interviews with senior level members in the team. Two were mostly coding(C/C++), puzzles and questions on my resume. The other two questioned me on basic theories of physics, MEMS and a bit of coding.
- How to find the number of leading zeros in a byte. 1 Answer
- Find if a linked list is circular or not 1 Answer
- If you're told to write an application to communicate with a Voltmeter, what are the different objects you would require to do this? 1 Answer
- You're given (lets say) a play station controller, how will you use the arrow keys to navigate through alphabets to write a player name. Find the most efficient route to navigate from one alphabet to another in the given grid. 1 Answer
- Basics about Coriolis effect, MEMS gyroscopes, accelerometers, resonators.
Some questions like, Given a graph of voltage varying with temperature, how will you find out at what temperature was the voltage a particular value? If the slope was monotonically increasing, how will you find out the temperature? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –