We offer five times the selection of ordinary jewelry stores, price it well, and present it with thehelp of a team of experts, thereby creating the ultimate jewelry shopping experience.
The first Jared store opened its doors in 1993, revolutionizing the whole idea of how a jewelry store should operate.
Jared is not located inside the mall. Our guests come just to see us. And we do everything we can to make their visit enjoyable as well as successful.
We offer five times the selection of ordinary jewelry stores, price it well, and present it with the help of a team of experts, thereby creating the ultimate jewelry shopping experience.
Our mission has been to bring that experience online. Our store staff is empowered with the expertise to help each guest, while our website offers an Education Center where you can learn more about jewelry.
Jared the Galleria of Jewelry is a division of Sterling Jewelers Inc., headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Together with Signet Jewelers, our parent company, we are the largest specialty retail jeweler in the world. For investment information, press releases and other corporate information, please visit Signet Jewelers' corporate website.
Jared is proud to be one of the largest corporate sponsors of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®, dedicated to helping children all over the world overcome cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
Where Teamwork Means Success
Sterling Jewelers encourages talented people like you to shine in a unique setting where recognition and rewards are achieved, shared and appreciated by all contributors. This is your chance to become part of an organization that values integrity, opportunity, and teamwork. We are North America's number one speciality retail jewelry company and the perfect workplace for talented people to maximize the team's potential through collaboration and commitment to excellence. Sterling is where you can truly bring your skills to life, and contribute your creative ideas, unique perspective and passion for working with the best in the business.
Beyond the considerable professional potential we offer, there's something else that makes Sterling careers more satisfying: you'll get to know how good it feels to be part of milestone moments in the lives of our customers. When they choose the Team Member in our stores to help them celebrate the best and most exciting days of their lives, you realize that this is much more than a career. It's a calling, and one that is truly unique.
If you bring the heart-felt enthusiasm and passion to help our team succeed, we offer all of the tools you'll need, including a business model that is as efficient as it is enduring. How do we go about ensuring our continued success? By enhancing the career of everyone in our organization, with:
- Dedication to integrity: Sterling operates under an honest, open code of conduct that encourages people to do the right thing in all situations. The result is a shining reputation with the public and a great sense of pride among Team Members.
- A strong, team-based environment: Sterling is North America's number one specialty retail jeweler, and our people are the reason for our success. Our Team Members truly understand and live the concept of teamwork while actively seeking and valuing different ideas and perspectives, and how it creates an atmosphere of mutual success, celebration, and reward.
- Exciting growth potential and breadth of professional direction: Sterling provides passionate, customer-focused, results-oriented team players with the training and support they need to grow through leadership development, mentoring, and more.
- A diverse array of community-service and philanthropic opportunities: We encourage Team Members to take an active role in helping others, which helps them to excel personally and professionally.
- A benefit package to recognize the importance of our Team Members: The advantages we offer our valued Team Members go beyond the competitive pay and financial rewards you would expect of an industry leader. We also provide an array of benefits that enhance many different aspects of our Team Members lives, helping them and their families to be more comfortable and secure. These include, but are not limited to incentive pay opportunities, various insurance and medical plan options, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
- Award-winning wellness programs that improve the quality of life: The health and wellness of our Team Members is of paramount importance to the entire team at Sterling. We demonstrate our commitment by offering many wellness amenities, such as on-site fitness centers at all Home Office locations, an outdoor walking track, and healthy alternatives at our professionally staffed dining facilities. Our wellness programs, which include walking, boxing and many other popular activities, have brought us recognition as a leading employer in Northeastern Ohio and a wellness champion. In addition, our many prevention programs maintain the health of our Team Members and their families. On-site mammograms, prostate screenings and skin-cancer screenings are just some of the ways we show we care.
- A commitment to the environment with green initiatives: We are dedicated to leaving a smaller footprint and a cleaner world for generations to come. Guided by a real concern for the future of our world, and the many ways in which we leave our impact upon it, we live this commitment through initiatives that encourage all Team Members to think green and be more aware of the environment, both at work and at home. We demonstrate our commitment in this area through extensive recycling, an annual Earth Day celebration, paperless communications/payroll and renewable-resource energy initiatives.
Click here to learn more about what it's like to work for the leader in jewelry retail: http://youtu.be/SkxpD33ThU0. You can become part of our team, and learn why working at Sterling Jewelers is your place to shine.
Hard work and dedication result in tremendous rewards. And Team Members at Sterling deserve to be recognized for all that they do, every day. Our total rewards package* includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Performance-Based Merit Increases
- Bonus Potential
- Discounted Stock Purchase Plan
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Care
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Generous Purchase Discount
- Sterling Perks nationwide purchase discount program
*Total rewards vary with full-time/part-time status and length of service.
**Sterling Jewelers Inc. will match contributions at 50 cents on the dollar up to a maximum of 6 percent of eligible pay.
Our professional advancement possibilities at Sterling truly make it "your place to shine." We are committed to our Team Members personal and professional growth and believe that training leads to both highly skilled and fulfilled Team Members.
Spot your ideal job? Our self-nomination process allows you to apply for any open job opportunity. Internal job postings are listed on our corporate intranet, so you'll always be aware of what's currently available.
Sterling encourages you to embrace new challenges and create new responsibilities for yourself. Realize that you have the chance to chart your own course, with the support of our effective mentoring and training programs to help you every step of the way.
At Sterling, training and professional development are part of our continuous improvement process and key to our Customer First focus. We offer a learning culture where no matter what position or career path you choose, a wide range of on-the-job classroom training and self-directed learning programs are available. Team Members are offered a variety of performance, technical, and sales training opportunities so that they can pursue their own diverse career goals. Training and professional development options include:
- Classroom training - We design our own classes and educational materials tailored to our Team Members training needs. Some classes are designed as self-study, so you determine the pace of your learning. Others are designed for group learning in a classroom setting, allowing Team Members across the country to meet one another.
- Professional certification - Outside organizations such as the Diamond Council of America and the Gemological Institute of America offer professional certification programs that will advance your product knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Leadership development - Our leadership development program is offered to develop leaders for growth in responsibility and/or position.
- Tuition reimbursement - Sterling offers tuition reimbursement for successfully completed, qualified college-level coursework.
- Mentoring - Individual mentoring in a department of choice is provided to Team Members who apply for and are accepted into this program.
- Diversity training - We believe that to know better is to do better. All Team Members are required to attend diversity training classes.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Jared Galleria of JewelryPros
The starting pay is great, learning about Gemstones & Diamonds was surprisingly interesting, the company is also a growing one that treats their employees well.Cons
The pressure to open up credit accounts, even though they can be beneficial to the guests' they are still credit accounts at the end of the day.
The tours were a bit unnerving, sometimes customer would completely blow you you off because they just want to look at Diamonds already.Advice to ManagementAdvice
When running a store remember that the team as whole is what the difference is between a store that is ok and one that is phenomenal , please do not hold the Diamond Associates on a pedestal because we all are part of the "Jared Experience"RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Jared Galleria of Jewelry in December 2014.Interview Details
I was dressed in all black ready for my interview and of course I was nervous. I had to wait because I came in early which they commented on which is good and just interacted with all the employees in the office and continued to smile happily. Then the hiring manager was ready to interview me and during the whole interview I made her laugh and answered her questions (the interview questions are so easy..even if you mess up just continue..go with the flowww) Luckily I was chatting with a cheery, friendly older woman. She went to the back, came back in the room and said "Welcome to Macy's" I was happy.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- I was stuck on "On what project did you work on with a team and what was your role in order to make it a success?" or something like that Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –