- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Jetset Magazine full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
I have been with Jetset Magazine since August of 2012. I have been in sales now for over 18 years, 15 of which was all straight commission! Even my fist sales job was a straight commission gig. Granted if I "GOOSE EGGED" I got my measly minimum wage, but that’s not why I took the position I did. I took it because I believed in myself, believed in the product and knew I could succeed like many others. Within two months I was in the top 25 out of 200 reps and made $75k my first year. If I only knew then what I know now about sales and business and how to build relationships and partnerships, I‘m certain I would have been making a whole lot more. So what exactly is my point?
I’ve been fortunate in the last 18 years to have worked closely with some great talented people who have taught me a lot about business and sales, relationships and life in general, these were my mentors. One of MANY lessons I learned was the fact that we are all going to fail before we succeed, PERIOD! So why blame others for this? Why point a finger at someone for your own failures when you have three PHYSICALLY pointing back at you! Take a look in the mirror and see who’s looking back! I bet you will find your answer!
On that note, to all outside contractors; Jetset Magazine pays outside contractors a 1099 with an industry standard commission structure. 1099 means you are a business owner, think about that for a second! We have a CRM to protect and manage all accounts. We have a media kit “obviously”, the same one I got when I started which was pretty much my pitch and still is to this day, of course simplified. You want help? Pick up the phone and call me! You need a second voice or assistant in closing a deal? Pick up the phone and call me! If I give you the tools and you don’t apply them, look in the mirror and stop pointing a finger!
Let’s face it people, sales is a results driven business. Hero to zero I call it. I started Jetset with a nominal hourly wage but aggressive commission structure (inside sales). I knew that if I applied everything that I learned in the last 15 years, I could succeed at this, and I’m still here! I came in with ZERO print experience, did a day of training, I call it “media kit training” and of course failed first, but my attitude was my strength! So I leave you with this. Change your attitude because attitude is everything.
That being said, I have outlined some famous quotes about failure and success by some pretty famous individuals including the last one from myself.
1. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison
2. “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill
3. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.” - Henry Ford
4. “Our greatest glory is not in ever failing, but in rising every time we fail.” - Confucius
5. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” - Bill Cosby
6. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” - Dale Carnegie
7. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” - Malcolm Forbes
8. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” - Tony Robbins
9. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” - Colin Powell
10. “I accept failure because I know how powerful it is if you know how to apply it as a benefit to success”. - Chris Christenson
None that I have experienced the time I have been here other than Toby's golf game.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you are doing!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Jetset Magazine.
I spent time on the phone with the sales manager, Ceo and the current top sales producer to learn more about the company culture as well as management. It was exciting to see how positive and excited everyone was to work for this company.
- not for me Answer Question
I didn't negotiate
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –