JOIN THE TEAM
Jive isn’t like most companies. We’re serious about changing the world. Making a difference. And having a lot of fun in the process. If you just want a job, Jive is not for you. But if you want your next career move to be a life-defining experience, then Jive will feel like home.
We’re looking for people who are wicked smart, passionate, fun, innovative, collaborative, courageous, social results producers and rainmakers.
THE GOOD LIFE
This illustrates the benefits we offer to all Jivers in the US, but it doesn’t stop there. We have employees around the world, and Jive strives to offer competitive benefits in the other countries where we have employees. We take the cultural nuances and social benefit programs of each country into consideration when developing our benefits offerings.
BODY & MIND
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Jive covers 90% of the premium cost for employees. Our PPO medical plan allows you to receive covered services from any provider you wish. Employees in Northern California, Portland, Oregon and Boulder, Colorado also have an HMO option. Dental plan covers exams, cleaning and other dental services. Coverage for orthodontia is also included. Annual eye exam and glasses or contacts are provided under our vision insurance. LASIK discounts are available under the vision plan.
- Jive Wellness Reimbursement Program: Designed to help Jivers live a healthier and well balanced lifestyle, employees receive a monthly benefit of $25 to be used for a fitness or wellness activity.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Use pre-tax dollars to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses.
INVESTING IN THE FUTURE
- 401(k): Save for the future. We make it easier with a robust contribution match.
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): Every employee receives Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
- Tuition Reimbursement: Jive financially assists employees on a degreed path.
JUST IN CASE
- Life: Life and AD&D insurance provided at no cost to employees.
- Voluntary Life: Opportunity for Jive employees to purchase additional life insurance for themselves, their spouse, and/or their children.
- Short Term Disability: Income protection benefits at no cost to employees.
- Long Term Disability: Income protection benefits at no cost to employees.
- Employee Assistant Program: An Employee Assistance Program that offers free, confidential counseling and assistance in resolving situations that may come up in your personal or professional life such as family and personal conflicts, stress, loss and grief issues, financial and legal issues, child care referrals, etc.
- Travel Assistance: No cost travel related services you may need while traveling on business or leisure.
- Beneficiary Assistance: No cost beneficiary assistance to help your loved ones during difficult and emotional periods.
- FlexTime: At Jive, we promote wellness and balance. Work hard, play hard and take care of yourself. We treat our employees as the adults they are and our employees produce amazing results. We offer our full-time employees FlexTime—an unlimited, all purpose flexible time off policy. Our employees can take the time they need when they need it. It’s an awesome time off policy for awesome employees.
- Holidays: 10 designated paid holidays.
- Volunteering Time Off: At Jive we believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s why we provide Volunteering Time Off (VTO) for our employees in the form of 32 paid hours per year.
- We connect our employees with community involvement by providing information and coordination for opportunities to volunteer. We have opportunities on site at our office locations for community giving in the form of: used clothing drives, food drives, adopt-a-family, and blood drives. We also host disadvantaged youth-to-work programs on site in the form of tours and informational interviews with Jive team members.
ICING ON THE CAKE
- TASTE: Generously stocked kitchens; Bagel Thursdays
- SIP: Every canned and bottled beverage you can imagine, plus kegerators with local brews
- PARTY: Halloween, holiday, and release parties (and sometimes just because)
- PLAY: Xbox, ping-pong, softball
- HACK: Hack-a-thons
- RIDE: Transit benefits, TriMet Passes, C-TRAN, Caltrain GO Pass, Clipper Card, bike-friendly offices
THE JIVE WAY
To enable the world to do great work.
OUR SHARED MISSION
To empower people and organizations to work better together.
Collaboration: We support and inspire each other to do the best work of our lives.
Innovation: We tirelessly explore new ideas. We refuse to accept the status quo. We are creating the future.
Results: We help our customers and their communities achieve results that exceed their expectations.
Integrity: We are honest and transparent in all we do.
Fun: We are transforming an industry and having a great time doing it.
We’re changing the way that work gets done at companies by building the most advanced social business solutions in the world. Engineering challenges abound as we deliver on this mission, whether it’s incorporating the latest social business innovations; leveraging advancements in the cloud; addressing enterprise scale, security, and data concerns; or finding novel ways of blending smart algorithms with amazing user experience.
In the end it is all about enriching millions of people’s lives by building amazing software.
We’re all part of one team at Jive that just happens to be in multiple physical locations. All sport kegerators, snacks/beverages, transportation credits (with a bonus for biking or taking public transit), and camaraderie.
Sitting at the base of the Flatirons, and in the heart of the Pearl Street Mall, our Boulder office is the newest addition to the Jive ecosystem. Ditch your car and ride a bike to work. Enjoy easy access to some of the country’s best skiing, hiking, mountain-biking — and geeking out (we’re plugged into the thriving local tech and startup scene).
PALO ALTO, CA
Palo Alto is ground zero for social technology. The office is located in the heart of it—a couple of blocks from University Ave. and a quick walk to Caltrain. Great lunch spots and after-work watering holes round out the picture. Because it’s a relatively new office, you’ll play a leading role in establishing Palo Alto as a major hub of engineering for Jive.
Located just steps from Powell’s Books, the Pearl District and the MAX train, the Jive Portland office is located in the best spot in the city. We’re in the historic Federal Reserve building, complete with bank vaults and a shooting-range-turned-bike-storage. The Jive Portland office is a frequent host to Portland tech group events.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
The Jive San Francisco office is conveniently located downtown just a few short blocks from AT&T Park. Whether by foot, bike, Caltrain, car or boat, both Jive employees and visitors have easy access to all the city has to offer. This office also be hosts some great technology meetups and user group meetings.
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
Conveniently near the airport, south and fairly close to Tel Aviv, the Israeli development center is the newest addition to the Jive offices. Come join the best brains in Israel’s high-tech industry. You can expect top notch professionalism, lots of opportunities to learn, and extraordinary innovation. Our new, hip facility is designed to ensure everyone has a good time at work.
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
- Build products that thrill our customers
- Use open standards whenever possible and be a friend to Open Source
- Embrace innovation even as we meet the security and scale requirements of the enterprise
- Be flexible and agile in our engineering process and in adopting new technologies
- Work with people that we’d like to drink a beer with
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD
Want to join us on the Jive Engineering team? We take enormous pride and pleasure in building a product that is literally changing the face of enterprise software. As a small team, we revel in achieving what most large teams would call impossible. We pull out all the stops to deliver amazing software releases, including our Summer Bug Hunt where Jivers from all over the company joined engineering to stay late for dinner and bug fixing. And when we do achieve our goals, we celebrate. There are epic release parties as well as laid-back samplings of local brews from the keg. We love working with one another and in an environment that stretches our talents to the limits. Because while it’s absolutely all about the end product, it’s also about the journey.
JUMP-START YOUR CAREER
Millions of people use Jive every day to get work done in a revolutionary way—collaborating faster in greater numbers and engaging more profoundly with colleagues, customers, and partners across the globe. There is no better place to make a huge impact as you embark on your career.
Jive is looking for students or recent grads at or near the top of the class who are passionate about social technology and want to make a positive impact on the way people get work done. We have opportunities in Portland, San Francisco and Palo Alto for:
- Full-time Software Engineers:
Our Core, Mobile, Quality, Hosting, Support, and Professional Services teams are interested in new/recent university graduates who have experience in C++, Java and/or other programming languages.
- Summer Interns:
Jive offers a world class summer Intern Program for top Software Engineering and Business Students. Students work on real projects that make a huge impact.
Jive Software Photos
I have been working at Jive Software full-timeRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Very smart people who want to work with a product that is changing the way companies work together. You get to work as part of a mission at Jive. If you're going to work in enterprise software, why not put your time into a product that touches people and helps them to better connect with their co-workers. Awesome work environment, very transparent culture and a new, energized, leadership team.
Jive can be a little disorganized at times and the company loves to change strategy mid-flight. This can make things a little bit of a cluster so it's not for everyone.
Advice to Management
Stay the course with corporate strategy and keep the open, honest environment in place.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR).
- 1 initial phone screening interview from HR - around 30 minutes
- submission of one 'struts 2' web application (entailed learning new framework), total of around 32 hours of time spent learning the framework, developing program, and writing the user-instructions
- 2 telephone screening interviews with Jive developers - around 30 minutes each
- 5 in-person 1:1 interviews with different Jive employees (3 hours of straight interviewing)
---> After 8 interviews and a program submitted quickly and with zero bugs that they could find I was told that I came in a "close 2nd" and "thanks for your effort". One interviewer mentioned he preferred it when people submitted programs with bugs, so that they could ask them and ask about the bug and how it could be fixed. In my humble opinion requesting an applicant to learn a new framework and write a full blown web-application BEFORE doing the phone screening interviews is not very considerate. With that said though, I did genuinely like every person at Jive that I interacted with. This was all just very very disappointing for me.
- If someone called and complained that their Jive application was "slow" what are five initial questions you would ask? Answer Question
Jive (NASDAQ: JIVE) is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for businesses. Recognized as a leader by the industry's top analyst firms in multiple categories, Jive enables employees, partners and customers to work better together. More information on jivesoftware.com.
Work better together.
Mission: To empower people and organizations to work better together.