- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Johnson Controls Power Solutions full-time for less than a yearPros
Employed in a management role at a plant. Main positives:
- Excellent depth in management. When things go wrong, the company is able to swarm problems with qualified engineering and management personnel to make changes.
- Very stable financially, no risk that the company will go under any time soon. Can focus on fixing things.
- Company will spend the money to fix problems and improve process, particularly capital.
- Tremendous opportunities if you work hard and stay motivated to move into different roles, not just in Power Solutions, but other divisions.
- Terrific managers to work with, very candid and honest, not to mention helpful.Cons
- MAJOR FOCUS ON HITTING FORECAST AND BUDGET!!! Even if something catastrophic hits, need to flex spend or get lots of coaching.
- Marginal work-life balance. Not uncommon to find mid level managers fielding emails and calls from vacation, and ability to get out of office can be limited, particularly in plant management and finance. Major burnout risk.
- Health insurance coverage is adequate at best.
- Management assumes once a problem is identified, it should be fixed. Some problems are easier identified than fixed.
- Corporate office for Power Solutions is all open seating, no privacy.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Consider ways to encourage managers to take at least one to two weeks of uninterrupted vacation away from cell phones and other contacts. Put a little more energy into noticing contributions and acknowledging them - there are hurdles to be hit, but try and identify where we're successful.RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online - interviewed at Johnson Controls Power Solutions in June 2014.Interview Details
Applied through JCI website and it took a 2 weeks to process it.
I interview with 5 other managers in meeting room and did interview from 8am till Noon.
went out for lunch with managers and had some more dept discussion.
received verbal offer in 2 days and official letter were received within week.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- it's general questions. No difficulty at all... Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Johnson Controls Power Solutions knows what it takes to get your motor running. Part of Johnson Controls, it is the largest producer of lead-acid automotive batteries in the world, 120 million annually. Its batteries are sold through retailers, such as AutoZone, Costco, and Wal-Mart. Power Solutions also supplies automotive OEMs, including Ford, Toyota, and Volkswagen. In addition to making the go-juice for passenger cars, light trucks, and utility vehicles, the unit makes batteries for generators, tractors, emergency vehicles, pleasure boats, and RVs. Its multi-platform...