AN INTEGRATED APPROACH
At KMH, we are committed to setting new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost-effective health care services. Our goal is to reduce the incidence of death and disability through ongoing research, reducing wait times and facilitating fast access to physicians, diagnostic and treatment services.
- Provide concise, definitive and clear information that will contribute to overall management of the patient.
- Anticipate and prepare for the changing needs of physicians and their patients by continuously updating the range of services offered.
- Upgrade the sensitivity and specificity of diagnostic tests by using the most advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Respond quickly and responsibly to meet the needs of our physicians and their patients.
- Treat people with compassion, respect and dignity while addressing their anxiety, concerns and special needs.
- Reduce delays and provide reports to our referring physicians in the most timely manner.
- Provide continuing medical education and development of physicians, staff and patients.
- Go beyond simply what is required and strive to exceed expectations.
KMH FAST FACTS (CANADA)
- Established in 1988
- Operates in Ontario as an Independent Health Facility (IHF); Licensed by the Ministry of Health Under direct supervision of the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Operates twelve locations in the Greater Toronto Area and south central Ontario
- Meets all College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario operating standards of facility operations
- Operates two MRI machines on a not-for-profit basis, serving more than 15,000 patients annually, and participates in the Provincial Wait Time Information System (with MRI wait times posted on the Provincial Wait Time web site)
- Provides a complete range of healthcare services including family practice, internal medicine, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology as well as the full range of diagnostic imaging.
- Serves over 200,000 patients per annum
- 100% digital state-of-the-art equipment and Electronic Medical Record
- Provides Continuing Medical Education for physicians
- Involved in more than one dozen research projects/clinical trials
KMH FAST FACTS (NORTH AMERICA)
- Began operations in the U.S. in 2008
- Operates eighteen locations in Ontario and in three states (Florida, Ohio and Maryland)
- Operates the full range of diagnostic and cardiology services, including specifically on MRI, PET, CT, Nuclear Cardiology, ultrasound, X-Ray, mammogram and biopsy
- The largest provider of Nuclear Cardiology in North America
- Serves over 300,000 patients per annum
- Operates three in-house phone answering centers – one in Canada and two in the U.S.
- 100% digital state-of-the-art equipment and fully integrated proprietary Electronic Medical Record
LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY
- KMH has developed a proprietary digital information technology platform. Now in its fourth generation
- This platform supports an integrated enterprise wide scalable system that now serves 18 locations throughout North America
- The centralization and standardization of operations enables KMH to provide efficient scheduling of patients, physicians and staff throughout our network and optimization of human resources management through planned and real time scheduling
- KMH provides secure 24/7 on line access for physician reporting and offers web based portals for physicians to view reports and images
- KMH has an electronic patient/medical record for patient charting and reporting system that allows physicians, nurses, technologists and allied health professionals to securely capture, record, transmit and store clinical information in a wireless and paperless environment
- KHM has a phone answering center that will schedule all patient appointments, visits and stays, and schedule required and appropriate clinical human resources
- The system can be set up to enable patient access to their digital electronic record
THE KMH STORY
Driven by the medical needs of patients and embracing advances in science and technology, our mission at KMH is focused on reducing the incidence of death and disability by decreasing wait times and facilitating fast access to quality diagnostic services by physicians and their patients.
Founded by Neena and Vijay Kanwar, for 25 years, KMH Cardiology & Diagnostic Centres has delivered timely, high quality and patient-friendly diagnostic services to more than one million Ontarians. More recently, KMH has been providing diagnostic services to patients in Maryland, Ohio and Florida.
In the recent past, KMH has grown tremendously, enabled by our integrated approach to operations, a robust infrastructure, and an early adopter of technology and innovator of technology deployment. Throughout our recent growth and twenty-five year history, our focus has always been on providing timely, exemplary and patient-friendly diagnostic care.
In Ontario, KMH operates all twelve locations as Independent Health Facilities, licensed by the Ministry of Health and regulated by the College of Physicians and Surgeons. Our regularly accredited diagnostic centres have always met the highest regulatory standards, and continue to meet all Provincial operating requirements. In the U.S., our locations comply withFederal and State regulatory requirements, and are all in good standing.
KMH is the largest provider of nuclear cardiology services in North America. KMH offers state-of- the-art medical imaging, including MRI, PET, CT, Nuclear Medicine, ECHO/stress, ultrasound, x-ray and mammography, from more than twenty locations throughout North America. In addition, we provide practice management for family physicians, internal medicine, radiologists and cardiologists.
The KMH head office and flagship facility is located in Mississauga, just to the west of Toronto, Canada. In addition to our largest clinical location, the key infrastructure and staff are located at the head office.
KMH diagnostic centres are easily accessible and conveniently located close to major thoroughfares and/or public transit, and most offer free parking. More than 300,000 patients are referred by over 15,000 physicians to KMH facilities annually.
KMH provides fast track urgent care and rapid results reporting. Many of our facilities are open evenings and weekends for patient convenience. Urgent requests are accommodated on the same or next day. We conduct patient and physician satisfaction surveys on a continuous basis throughout all our locations. Patients and physicians surveyed have awarded KMH 98% high satisfaction rating year over year.
KMH receives upwards of 10,000 calls per week in Canada and the U.S. From the moment a call is received to schedule a patient appointment, our electronic health record follows the patient throughout their interactions with KMH, where patient information is securely collected, stored and transmitted, as needed.
The privacy and confidentiality of patient information, along with timely and accurate reporting of test results, are our highest priorities. For these reasons, KMH developed its own electronic health record that is only accessible by KMH staff and physicians. The electronic health recordprovides the backbone of digital information management, and is accessible through a secure web portal for results reporting and image viewing.
The KMH Leadership Team is led by Neena and Vijay Kanwar who work with a dynamic team of seasoned and skilled individuals responsible for Strategy, Financial Management, Operations, Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Development/Marketing.
Dr. Kathy Yip is the Chief Medical Officer, and has been with KMH since its inception. In addition to overseeing the development of clinical protocols, Dr. Yip works closely with our Medical Directors at our locations in the U.S., provides medical leadership for a large group of sub-specialty physicians at KMH and guidance in working with our referring physicians.
In addition to diagnostic services, KMH is actively involved in severalinternational research and clinical trials through our International Heart Institute. We offer continuing education though a year round program ofCertified Medical Education (CME) credits. Our (by invitation-only) Annual Medical Disease Management Symposium, currently in its seventeenth year, attracts over one hundred physicians, and features CME sessions by leading edge medical leaders.
In addition, we are actively involved in and with the communities we serve, participating in and sponsoring several community-based events.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at KMH full-time for less than a yearPros
I have been working in the call center for just under 1 year and have no plans to work elsewhere
The training at KMH is very thorough and in-depth. My manager, Neha, runs a fantastic 2 week training program and is courteous enough to extend it if necessary. I have found at my previous places of employment the training is very unsatisfactory, however KMH has very high standards for training and coaching. The training really allows you to be successful. Also when the training is done there are still ample resources and support. I really appreciate this part of KMH.
Company Culture (Patient Care & Career Growth):
When I interviewed at KMH I was told there is room for growth. I am glad to see that I was told the truth as I have already been given additional responsibilities and specialized tasks. The management team is very supportive of developing employees and there is no bureaucracy. However, you still have to work hard, nothing is given or handed to you.The company also really stresses the importance of accommodating the needs of patients and going above/beyond to ensure patients receive the help they need which is nice to be a part of.
I have not interacted with the CEO, however her office (as well as those of the Management Team) are all open concept and located right next to the call center, so you can ACTUALLY SEE what they are doing at all times. The CEO works day and night and you can tell she cares about patients and her employees. She knows everybody's name which is really nice. I have also heard how she has helped employees in their personal lives.Cons
Fast Paced Environment:
The working environment is fast. This can be a challenging adjustment, and sometimes stressful. However, knowing that you are helping patients is very rewarding.Advice to ManagementAdvice
More staff BBQs and team building events.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at KMH in December 2013.Interview Details
They called the same day I emailed my resume. The recruiter, Saber - a relative of the CEO - wanted to see me the next day. The interview lasted less then 1 hour then they offered me the job.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsVery easyAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
- Standard stuff. What do you bring to the job? What's your work style? Where are you 5 years from now? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –