AN INTEGRATED APPROACH
At KMH, we are committed to setting new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost-effective health care services. Our goal is to reduce the incidence of death and disability through ongoing research, reducing wait times and facilitating fast access to physicians, diagnostic and treatment services.
- Provide concise, definitive and clear information that will contribute to overall management of the patient.
- Anticipate and prepare for the changing needs of physicians and their patients by continuously updating the range of services offered.
- Upgrade the sensitivity and specificity of diagnostic tests by using the most advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Respond quickly and responsibly to meet the needs of our physicians and their patients.
- Treat people with compassion, respect and dignity while addressing their anxiety, concerns and special needs.
- Reduce delays and provide reports to our referring physicians in the most timely manner.
- Provide continuing medical education and development of physicians, staff and patients.
- Go beyond simply what is required and strive to exceed expectations.
KMH FAST FACTS (CANADA)
- Established in 1988
- Operates in Ontario as an Independent Health Facility (IHF); Licensed by the Ministry of Health Under direct supervision of the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Operates twelve locations in the Greater Toronto Area and south central Ontario
- Meets all College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario operating standards of facility operations
- Operates two MRI machines on a not-for-profit basis, serving more than 15,000 patients annually, and participates in the Provincial Wait Time Information System (with MRI wait times posted on the Provincial Wait Time web site)
- Provides a complete range of healthcare services including family practice, internal medicine, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology as well as the full range of diagnostic imaging.
- Serves over 200,000 patients per annum
- 100% digital state-of-the-art equipment and Electronic Medical Record
- Provides Continuing Medical Education for physicians
- Involved in more than one dozen research projects/clinical trials
KMH FAST FACTS (NORTH AMERICA)
- Began operations in the U.S. in 2008
- Operates eighteen locations in Ontario and in three states (Florida, Ohio and Maryland)
- Operates the full range of diagnostic and cardiology services, including specifically on MRI, PET, CT, Nuclear Cardiology, ultrasound, X-Ray, mammogram and biopsy
- The largest provider of Nuclear Cardiology in North America
- Serves over 300,000 patients per annum
- Operates three in-house phone answering centers – one in Canada and two in the U.S.
- 100% digital state-of-the-art equipment and fully integrated proprietary Electronic Medical Record
LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY
- KMH has developed a proprietary digital information technology platform. Now in its fourth generation
- This platform supports an integrated enterprise wide scalable system that now serves 18 locations throughout North America
- The centralization and standardization of operations enables KMH to provide efficient scheduling of patients, physicians and staff throughout our network and optimization of human resources management through planned and real time scheduling
- KMH provides secure 24/7 on line access for physician reporting and offers web based portals for physicians to view reports and images
- KMH has an electronic patient/medical record for patient charting and reporting system that allows physicians, nurses, technologists and allied health professionals to securely capture, record, transmit and store clinical information in a wireless and paperless environment
- KHM has a phone answering center that will schedule all patient appointments, visits and stays, and schedule required and appropriate clinical human resources
- The system can be set up to enable patient access to their digital electronic record
THE KMH STORY
Driven by the medical needs of patients and embracing advances in science and technology, our mission at KMH is focused on reducing the incidence of death and disability by decreasing wait times and facilitating fast access to quality diagnostic services by physicians and their patients.
Founded by Neena and Vijay Kanwar, for 25 years, KMH Cardiology & Diagnostic Centres has delivered timely, high quality and patient-friendly diagnostic services to more than one million Ontarians. More recently, KMH has been providing diagnostic services to patients in Maryland, Ohio and Florida.
In the recent past, KMH has grown tremendously, enabled by our integrated approach to operations, a robust infrastructure, and an early adopter of technology and innovator of technology deployment. Throughout our recent growth and twenty-five year history, our focus has always been on providing timely, exemplary and patient-friendly diagnostic care.
In Ontario, KMH operates all twelve locations as Independent Health Facilities, licensed by the Ministry of Health and regulated by the College of Physicians and Surgeons. Our regularly accredited diagnostic centres have always met the highest regulatory standards, and continue to meet all Provincial operating requirements. In the U.S., our locations comply withFederal and State regulatory requirements, and are all in good standing.
KMH is the largest provider of nuclear cardiology services in North America. KMH offers state-of- the-art medical imaging, including MRI, PET, CT, Nuclear Medicine, ECHO/stress, ultrasound, x-ray and mammography, from more than twenty locations throughout North America. In addition, we provide practice management for family physicians, internal medicine, radiologists and cardiologists.
The KMH head office and flagship facility is located in Mississauga, just to the west of Toronto, Canada. In addition to our largest clinical location, the key infrastructure and staff are located at the head office.
KMH diagnostic centres are easily accessible and conveniently located close to major thoroughfares and/or public transit, and most offer free parking. More than 300,000 patients are referred by over 15,000 physicians to KMH facilities annually.
KMH provides fast track urgent care and rapid results reporting. Many of our facilities are open evenings and weekends for patient convenience. Urgent requests are accommodated on the same or next day. We conduct patient and physician satisfaction surveys on a continuous basis throughout all our locations. Patients and physicians surveyed have awarded KMH 98% high satisfaction rating year over year.
KMH receives upwards of 10,000 calls per week in Canada and the U.S. From the moment a call is received to schedule a patient appointment, our electronic health record follows the patient throughout their interactions with KMH, where patient information is securely collected, stored and transmitted, as needed.
The privacy and confidentiality of patient information, along with timely and accurate reporting of test results, are our highest priorities. For these reasons, KMH developed its own electronic health record that is only accessible by KMH staff and physicians. The electronic health recordprovides the backbone of digital information management, and is accessible through a secure web portal for results reporting and image viewing.
The KMH Leadership Team is led by Neena and Vijay Kanwar who work with a dynamic team of seasoned and skilled individuals responsible for Strategy, Financial Management, Operations, Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Development/Marketing.
Dr. Kathy Yip is the Chief Medical Officer, and has been with KMH since its inception. In addition to overseeing the development of clinical protocols, Dr. Yip works closely with our Medical Directors at our locations in the U.S., provides medical leadership for a large group of sub-specialty physicians at KMH and guidance in working with our referring physicians.
In addition to diagnostic services, KMH is actively involved in severalinternational research and clinical trials through our International Heart Institute. We offer continuing education though a year round program ofCertified Medical Education (CME) credits. Our (by invitation-only) Annual Medical Disease Management Symposium, currently in its seventeenth year, attracts over one hundred physicians, and features CME sessions by leading edge medical leaders.
In addition, we are actively involved in and with the communities we serve, participating in and sponsoring several community-based events.
Advanced Imaging – premier diagnostic radiology on Florida’s Gulf coast – provides patients and their doctors with more than they may be used to. Frontline technology, a fully fellowship-trained medical staff, extensive teaching affiliations and appointments at every level of the practice are just some of the reasons why Advanced Imaging is the first choice for thousands of doctors and their patients – and has been for decades.
Westcoast Radiology Imaging center is the premier multi-modality diagnostic imaging center providing physicians with superb diagnostic images and impeccable service – all in a unique atmosphere that emphasizes patient comfort.
Featuring a showcase of state-of-the-art imaging equipment from GE Healthcare, the leading manufacturer of diagnostic imaging systems, our centers offers you and your patients the broadest range of advanced radiological services.
Specializing in advanced imaging technology, our centers are dedicated to acquiring high-quality images that enhance your diagnostic confidence and help you provide optimum care for your patients. Learn more about our centers.
Crystal Clear Imaging, Ltd. (CCI) is a freestanding outpatient medical imaging center located in Springfield, Ohio, which offers the most advanced technology in:
- Diagnostic Imaging (General X-Ray),
- CT, MRI, MRA,
- Fluoroscopy, EKG,
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring,
- CT Cancer Screening,
- Digital Mammography,
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy,
- Dexa (Bone Densitometry),
- Nuclear Medicine,
- Peripheral Vascular Disease Diagnosis,
- Liver Biopsy, Myelography,
- Arthrography and Diskography
Next Generation MRI Offers:
- Fast And Easy Scheduling
- Caring And Dedicated Professional Staff
- One-On-One Patient Care
- Board-Certified Radiologists
- Prompt Results For Your Referring Physician
- Ample Parking
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at KMH LabsPros
I have worked at KMH for just under a year and can think of many pros. The management team is extremely accessible and personable. You get to know all of management by name and are able to approach them at any time, they truly do live by an open door policy. They encourage a culture where employees and patients are treated with compassion and respect. The company cares vastly about providing excellent patient care. At times, that translates into staff having to work longer hours, but being in the healthcare field, one should understand and actually desire to provide the best possible care, whatever that may entail. The training programs in place for new employees are extremely detailed to ensure that you are well equipped to do your job. Even after training, you are given many tools to help you succeed. There is plenty of room for growth as well. In my short time at KMH I have been given many opportunities to take on new tasks. The management team definitely recognizes and rewards hard work. I have been challenged to reach my full potential and not just be satisfied with an entry level position. If you are looking for a place where you can put in a minimal amount of work and obtain mediocre results then KMH is not for you. If, however, you want a place where you will grow, learn new things on a daily basis and be constantly challenged then I would highly recommend KMH to you.Cons
The environment at KMH is definitely a demanding one. You have to be willing to work hard and perform well. That being said, if you do, you will find the work very rewarding and be recognized for the things you do.Advice to ManagementAdvice
More team-building activities and events.RecommendsApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at KMH Labs in December 2013.Interview Details
They called the same day I emailed my resume. The recruiter, Saber - a relative of the CEO - wanted to see me the next day. The interview lasted less then 1 hour then they offered me the job.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsVery easyAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
- Standard stuff. What do you bring to the job? What's your work style? Where are you 5 years from now? Answer Question