KUBRA’s integrated technology platform supports the seamless delivery of customer-interaction management solutions that range from business-critical financial transactions to content-rich customer communications. Combined with our strategic value, we strive to provide businesses with confidence in these important interactions today and in the future. KUBRA’s portfolio of integrated multi-channel outsource solutions include document print and mailing, e-billing and self-service, and document delivery and payment solutions. We work with a broad range of industries across North America including utility, insurance, financial services and government sectors.
Company Fact Sheet:
- Established in 1992
- 6 Locations across North America
- 350+ Full Time Employees
- 400+ Clients
- Our portfolio of solutions include e-billing and e-payment, EDI Processing, Document Production, Print and Mail, Document Management, and Business Process Outsourcing
- Industries: Utilities, Communication, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Media, Manufacturing/Distribution and Government
This is an exciting time to join KUBRA!
We're a growing organization and looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team.
We value the importance of diversity, fairness and trust and we are looking for people who are passionate about what they do.
At KUBRA, we want Our People to enjoy their work and be proud of their accomplishments. Our People possess the highest level of quality, commitment, competency and character, and thrive in a high-energy, team-based environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
We work hard, but we recognize the need to play hard too. We take our fun very seriously (pun intended) with a vibrant work cutlure that includes fun and exciting social and wellness events and activities.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Bonus Program
- 3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Days
- Your Birthday Off
- Education Funding
- Kids of KUBRA Scholarship Program
- Exceptional Performance Awards
Culture & Community
- In-house Mentoring Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- KUBRA Cares Charity Events and Fundraisers
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Organized Community Service Days
- Fun & Exciting Social Events
- Sports Tournaments
- …and a Foosball Table!
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at KUBRA full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- BEST people ever, basically a second family
- flexible hours
- OK benefits
- a LOT of work, a lot of new clients
- free daily fruit
- company does social activities - BBQ, hockey, softball
- there are a lot of talented people working at Kubra, you can learn a lot here
- great HR
- great place to start for recent grads
- below average pay - make sure you negotiate a good pay before you start, yearly bonus is fairly weak and yearly salary increase can often be a measly 1%
- chronic shortage of resources, the company has grown very fast, but did not hire fat enough or good enough and due to low pay does not sustain talent long enough.
- red tape - there is a lot of that here. You don't have admin access to your PC, you often don't have access to simple things like the test environment (RDP recently removed without notification/warning) or even read access to PREP environment.
- the system is a mess because of poor design, overhaul will be difficult and slow
- a LOT of old legacy code (vb3/vb6). Only certain teams work with newest technologies
Advice to Management
Retain your senior employees by giving them a raise if their salary is low WITHOUT them asking for it A senior developer should be making more then 60K
Spend some money and buy decent PCs (especially laptops for TL/PM, they SUCK)
Reduce red tape - sometimes people can't do their job because they lost/don't have access to certain things in TEST or PREP.
Invest into proper environment hardware - PREP is not nearly close to environment in PROD. Things that work in PREP suddenly don't work in PROD because of that
Again, more money for senior staff automatically. People get tired of asking for more, they just look elsewhere instead. Lost a number of seniors in the last year
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at KUBRA (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.
Got a call from HR and asked questions regarding the application, previous work experience and salary expectation, etc. One week later, a face to face interview was arranged. The interview took 2 hours. First a short testing for 15 minutes. A few single choice questions. Most of them are writing questions. The questions are related to SqlServer database and SqlStatement, also ask output result of two pieces of C# code. The last section is regarding Native Mobile App development. Asked a piece of code from an Andriod app.
Then two team leads come in one by one. They asked some tough questions which probably are what they were facing in there current work. e.g. One asked about user log in authentication issue; Another team lead asked about an database error occurred yesterday when user log in.
Finally the project manager came in. He judged me enthusiastic about frontend and asked me some database question, e.g. what is the difference between truncate table and drop table...
- SQL Server questions are unexpected. They seemed very care about Database. Question regarding Android app code is unexpected. Answer Question
KUBRA’s integrated technology platform supports the seamless delivery of customer-interaction management solutions that range from business-critical financial transactions to content-rich customer communications. Combined with our strategic value, we strive to provide businesses with confidence in these important interactions today and in the future. KUBRA’s portfolio of integrated multi-channel outsource solutions include document print and mailing, e-billing and self-service, and document delivery and payment solutions. We work with a broad range of industries across...