- Kaiser Permanente update2 days ago
Interested in nursing in Maryland? Kaiser Permanente is holding a hiring event tomorrow for experienced clinical RNs for our Largo Medical Center. Come hear from the team firsthand, we look forward to seeing you there! For more info, visit http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIWx6
- Kaiser Permanente update5 days ago
Kaiser Permanente is once again named one of Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT for 2015, moving up 32 positions to #13 on the list! Learn more about the placement and what it means to be a named employer here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIWMl
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In fact, it’s not unusual for us to be involved in thousands of research projects at a time. These efforts inform our practice—and our mission. We are committed to spreading health at all levels of our organization—in our facilities, in our communities, and across our planet. We discuss, debate, and shape public policy—and have built a forum in which to do so. We pursue advancements—in technology and in care—and have a unique facility that enables us to test new ideas in a mock clinical environment. We also push the boundaries of technology. Our electronic medical record system is the largest of its kind in the nation, and is one of the many reasons why we’ve been named a top place to work by Computerworld magazine. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. At Kaiser Permanente, we are changing the way the world looks at health. It’s inspiring, invigorating, and rewarding work—and we approach it every day with passion and perseverance. Are you ready to take a stand for health? Join us. jobs.kp.org
At Kaiser Permanente, we understand that to be a Total Health advocate for our members, colleagues, communities, and planet, we must first advocate the health of the people who power our organization. That’s why we offer exceptional benefits to support each and every one of our employees as well as their families, spouses and domestic partners. Along with a strong support of a healthy work/life balance, our comprehensive benefits packages are intended to enhance the physical, financial, spiritual, and professional health of our employees.
In support of the Total Health of our employees, we offer comprehensive benefits to help them do and be their best. These benefits are intended to enhance their physical, financial, spiritual, and professional health. These may include:
- generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, and dental care
- disability and life insurance coverage
- educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance programs
- dependent care, and transit spending account options
- retirement plans
We also recognize stellar performance and sponsor a variety of programs to reward our most skilled, innovative, caring, and committed staff.
Also true to our Total Health philosophy, we offer our employees a vast variety of exemplary tools and resources to help them lead healthy, balanced lives. In fact, as recently as May 2013, Kaiser Permanente was named a Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health—and with good reason. We empower our employees to eat healthy, live actively, and do anything and everything that nourishes the mind, body, and soul. Some of these tools include:
- a website that provides information about an abundance of employee wellness programs and resources
- free and confidential employee assistance programs
- smoke-free campuses
- healthy food in our cafeterias and vending machines
- a variety of healthy living classes, handouts, and videos at many of our medical centers and offices
- kp.org - a vast resource with wellness tips and information, most of which is also available to the general public
- Recreation Connection—discount ticket offers and other recreational activities
- on campus farmers’ markets
- wellness coaching
By encouraging and celebrating the small strides we take every day, we drive positive change from the inside out.
At Kaiser Permanente, we are approximately 190,000 individual employees and physicians, but we share a common goal: we make lives better. From our nurses and physicians on the front line of care to our customer service experts enhancing members’ experience to our IT professionals who turn data cables into lifelines, at Kaiser Permanente, the work we do saves lives. This universal commitment makes our culture one that embraces inclusion, collaboration, and mutual success.This is a place where your ideas are acknowledged and your opinions matter—and where you’ll be challenged to excel every day.
Another vital layer of our culture is our diversity. We champion the cause of inclusive care—care that is respectful of and sensitive to the unique values, ideals, and traditions of the 140 cultures currently represented in our population. And we know that to meet the care needs of our patient population, it is vital that our employees reflect the communities we serve.
At Kaiser Permanente, we are proud that our labor force reflects no racial majority. Additionally, three-quarters of our employees—including half of our executive team and more than one-third of our physicians—are women. Maintaining industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients.
From our earliest beginnings, the underlying drive to innovate has coursed through the veins of our organization. From green design and materials to expansive research projects and groundbreaking technologies like KP HealthConnect®, Kaiser Permanente is on the leading edge of innovation—and not just in the health care industry. Everything we do at Kaiser Permanente is influenced by our determination to be more efficient, accurate, and effective. Because when you’re in the business of saving lives, every detail—every moment—counts. This understanding motivates us to push the boundaries—of health, care, business, and technology. Our resources, scope, and reputation allow us to partner with experts across the country and around the world so that we can share our knowledge, learn from each other, set new directions, and continue to inspire new growth.
At Kaiser Permanente, our goal is to become the best care system in the world. Likewise, you are setting your professional course to become the best you can be. It’s a future we’re excited to face together—and getting there is what makes being here so exciting.
We’re looking for the next generation of leaders to help shape the future of care. Are you ready to contribute your ideas to a place where advanced treatments, powerful technology, and business expertise come together to support lives? There’s no limit to what you can do—and the mark you can make—at Kaiser Permanente.
In an internship or new career with us, you’ll grow your experience and hone your expertise on projects that have real impact. Working on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery, you’ll have the opportunity to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
While you are an intern, we’ll give you the guidance, training, and support you need now, and ultimately, to become a leader in health down the line, through the following:
- job shadowing opportunities
- leadership exposure
- lunch-and-learns with executives and mangers
- guest lectures
- field trips
- hospital and research tours
Kaiser Permanente Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
- Working for a not-for-profit that behaves as a not-for-profit that is focused on the care and health of its members
- While Health Care industry is not a trend setter in general, KP within HealthCare is fairly innovative and is known in HS as a leader in electronic medical records, web self service, and data mining for health care research
- Good benefits (essentially free family health care and dental, above average vacation time, decent 401k (5% of salary fully funded), decent pension and retirement health care
- Provide market based salaries with yearly raises that at least keep pace with inflation
- Very regulatory and compliance focused work environment (the nature of the industry)
- Limited promotion opportunities
- Health Care salaries are below market and KP is no exception...the benefits though are above market.
- IT personnel seem to work a lot of hours for below market pay
- Exec Directors, VPs, etc have very high pay for a not-for-profit
- Too many "stakeholders" and "cooks" which slows delivery / results
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (8)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.
I applied and was interviewed for a Senior Business Analyst position with an executive director. I was interviewed again 2 months later for the same position by four people, one of which was an executive director. I received an offer shortly after that for a Business Analyst position, which I accepted. I was later told that the positions were restructured.
- How will you succeed in this position having no experience with health insurance administration? Answer Question
Joining our team means contributing to a legacy of quality, affordability, innovation, and service that spans six decades. Here, integrated care teams empower our more than nine million members to live up to their health potential. Working beside them, business experts drive our goals and advance our mission. Together, we inspire improvements that will turn our vision of expert, affordable care for all into reality. Join us.