Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey Photos
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey full-time (more than 8 years)Pros
I have worked at Lampo for almost 8.5 years now. In my time at Lampo, I've had unbelievable opportunities for advancement and have interacted regularly with leaders at every level in the organization—up to and including regular meetings with Dave. I simply cannot say enough good things about this place, but I'll try to break it down to some key highlights in random order:
1. ADVANCEMENT: Within nine months of being here, I was asked to help lead one of the company's biggest initiatives to date. At the conclusion of that project, I was asked to change roles and create a brand-new team within the company. A year later, that position expanded to even greater responsibilities, and it has continued to grow since then. I've never seen a company go to such lengths and spend so much time investing in their young leaders. If you work hard and have a great attitude, the leadership notices.
2. INCOME: The leadership has proactively changed my entire comp plan for the better four times so far, and my personal income continues to grow every year. Today, in fact, I received the biggest single paycheck of my career. I LOVE the way Dave and the leadership share profit! It helps all of us experience the ups and downs of doing business. We rise or fall together!
3. INTEGRITY: I've been in countless "behind closed doors" meetings with leaders at every level, including regular meetings with Dave. I've seen and heard firsthand how this place deals with business, product, and personnel problems, and I'm always blown away with the incredible integrity they demonstrate every time. Even when it comes to the painful experience of letting a team member go, Lampo errs on the side of radical generosity.
4. CULTURE: I can't imagine a harder-working, more encouraging, more hysterical, more supportive group of people. We are all champions of our culture, and we'll all defend it with everything we've got.
5. MISSION: The work we do matters. We never lose sight of that. Leadership constantly connects our work and our success to the individual lives on the other end. We're not here for ourselves; we exist to serve other people. That's a great way to start the day.Cons
One of the biggest cons that people may not expect in coming here is learning what it's like to work for a nationally known figure. Dave is definitely in the public spotlight, and believe it or not, a whole bunch of people out there don't like him. Of course, those are mostly people who have never met him, never sat in a meeting with him, and never really heard his heart on anything. They make assumptions based on nothing but rumor and speculation, and they throw it at him. If you work here, you take some of the brunt of that hate, too. We all have to have thick skin around here, because people always love to take shots at Dave and, therefore, at those of us who work with him.
As others have said, the growth of the company has put us in a bit of a squeeze space-wise. It stinks that we all can't fit in a single building anymore. And parking can be an issue if you come in a little late.
This isn't a con to me, but it is to some: We don't shy away from conflict. We deal with problems around here. We don't suffer laziness, poor performance, or gossip. If someone has a problem in those areas, they're sometimes shocked to learn that we actually address those things head-on, whether it's "comfortable" or not.
Watch your expectations. We have a blast, but we're serious about the work we do. Don't come here if you're scared to work hard, if you're just looking for a J-O-B, or if you don't believe in what we teach. If that's you, you won't be happy here.
Last, if you're checking out the cons because you've seen a few of the horrible reviews, I'd encourage you to check the dates on those one-star reviews. There was a concerted, intentional, rather public smear campaign against Lampo in the spring of 2014. A handful of former and, sadly, current team members got caught up in that. Use your own judgement, but at least be aware of the fact that a lot of those bad reviews are clustered within a month or two of each other.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey in July 2014.Interview Details
Like others have said, the process is extremely long and they ask you what you know about Dave and his principles. I spoke with 5 or 6 different people (all of whom were great to speak with) over the course of 2 months. This ranged from people who I would directly work with and others who I would never interact with. There was also a knowledge and personality test before my 3rd or 4th call that I passed with flying colors. They were not very flexible with times, they gave you times that they were available and you had to work around their schedule or wait another week before you heard back. They offered to fly me out and put me in a hotel, but as I said, not very flexible and that kind of gave me a bad feeling. If you're not into Dave, his philosophies or a Christian, this probably isn't the place for you. Me personally, I like Dave and his principles, but after the process, it wasn't somewhere I wanted to work because I feel it's an organization that expects its employees to take a pay cut for the opportunity to work there, while paying it's top employees enormous salaries. The pay was pretty low for the position they were hiring, however I'm sure there was great opportunity for growth, but it would have taken me a few years just to make what I was currently making, which ultimately I wasn't willing to do. If you are someone who doesn't currently have a job and needs income, do not apply, you're wasting your time because it's probably going to take you 3 months from the time you apply to the time you get an offer. If you currently have a job, the process could be a blessing, you get to know them and they get to know you.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- fairly straight forward. Answer Question
The pay was not even close to my current salary and some of the other offers i receivedDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The Lampo Group measures it’s success by the number of lives changed through our message. “The Dave Ramsey Show” is heard by more than 8 million listeners each week on over 500 radio stations across the country. More than 2.5 million families have been through Financial Peace University, and nearly 1 million people have attended Live Events across the county. Foundations in...
Mission: The Lampo Group, Inc provides biblically based, common sense education and empowerment which gives HOPE to everyone in every walk of life.