Lightspeed GMI Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Lightspeed GMI full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- As another reviewer mentioned on the GMI page, there is no longer a new idea every week and initiatives are clearly communicated throughout the company.
- The people are 2nd to none, and usually the reason a lot of people stay around so long given the collegiate, supportive atmosphere and understanding from management of work/life balancing.
- Start off new employees and junior employees with good base salary and great benefits as they are a part of Kantar/Lightspeed (WPP) who can leverage their size with insurance companies.
- They continue to update and invest in their technology, as well as decentralize their knowledge base from people/documents to a digital library allowing for a better flow of information.Cons
- On the flip side, management still holds onto ideas that languish or are shown no demand for in the market place which can hamper the ability to innovate further.
- Top management seems to be involved in every little decision, and seems to stifle turnaround on key initiatives.
- Talent acquisition there can be hit or miss, as in the past most did not come from even a marketing background so the support necessarily wasn't there; it is getting better though as college programs bolster MR related courses.
- Salaries can get stalled after awhile with paltry raises while bonuses have dropped off after merging with Kantar/Lightspeed
- They still constantly lose top talent in every department (sales, acct management, IT, etc.) due to their lack of compensation over time as well as lack of professional development and opportunities to advance; it's not uncommon for most younger employees to leave after 3-5 years as they plateau when management does not proactively try to employ some sort of development plan.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Stop holding onto new products/services that show no demand in the market
- Keep investing in your technology
- Start investing more in your people (especially those who run the largest accounts and have been around for awhile)
- Allow for more autonomy among project staff & those working on initiatives within the company
- Proactively reach out to top talent and those who show promise with the company to develop them further and instill a sense of future success while also showing that their role will change/morph over time to their benefitRecommendsNeutral Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Lightspeed GMI in February 2010.Interview Details
very simple and easy, 4 stages of interview from sr. member of the team till director of department.Negotiation DetailseasyAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Quality-seeking researchers, marketers and brands choose Lightspeed GMI as their trusted global partner for digital data collection. Our innovative technology, proven sampling methodologies and operational excellence facilitate a deep understanding of consumer opinions and behavior. From award-winning survey engagement to fieldwork management, we add value at every stage of the research process. Focusing on local market knowledge, Lightspeed GMI’s proprietary panels deliver access to more than four million online research respondents with unparalleled quality, capacity and...