Limelight Networks Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)Pros
- Limelight Networks provides an excellent service- LLNW is an up and coming player in the CDN field (Unique technology/patents vs. competition in several ways). LLNW is currently a definite underdog and I'm truly excited to be a part of it's success. The markets desire to pump dynamic content over the internet to end users (especially mobile) is only going to continue to expand rapidly.
- Well defined company values. Office has solid moral, free food, flexible work hours, intelligent and driven peers. Tempe HQ is a lot of fun.
- Several new employees at the C-Level (hired within the last year) have a solid road map on how to get Limelight Networks more market share. Management has been awesome so far. Strict yet understanding. Some individuals running the network teams are truly brilliant.
- Management is genuinely understanding and listens to employees needs. Manager's are humble and don't try to dominate conversation with their direct reports (this is so refreshing).
- Competitive Salary, low stock price (I'm buying).Cons
Historically, I've heard that this company [before my start date] was mismanaged and used too many systems, along with some other issues that do NOT appear to exist any longer. It was a 10 year old company that still behaved like a start up. This is no longer true. And I've seen this in several ways.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep it up. Moral is strong amongst employees. Looking forward to see where we're headed.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Limelight Networks.Interview Details
A recruiter reached out and asked if I was interested in working at the 2nd largest CDN in the world. From there I met the team and went through a few technical interviews. Then they flew me out to Tempe and did an in person interview. A few days later I got an offer letter FedEx'd to me and I accepted.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsVery easy to negotiate a higher salary. Use data from Glassdoor and show how much people actually make in San Francisco, don't let them screw you with "Tempe salaries are a little lower"Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Explain how traceroute works in detail. LOTS of questions relating to DNS internals and BGP internals. Obviously you should be an expert on HTTP. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Limelight Networks wants to be the center of attention for digital content providers. The company offers services for delivering media files such as video, music, games, software, and social media, via the Internet. Limelight Networks also provides on-demand and live streaming services for content in all major formats, including Adobe Flash, MP3 audio, QuickTime, RealNetworks RealPlayer, and Windows Media. Its more than 1,800 customers include social network site Myspace, video game company Electronic Arts, and software giant Microsoft. Limelight Networks' clients provide...