- Lincoln International update7 days ago
Lincoln International's Featured Employee of the Week is Brad K! Brad is a Director in our Chicago office. The Lincoln difference: “Lincoln International has fostered a unique culture that is entrepreneurial, collegial, supportive and team-oriented. As a result, I have had the opportunity to both work in the exciting, fast-paced industry of investment banking and also make meaningful contributions towards building a leading firm. Along the way, I have had the privilege of working with professionals who have invested in my professional development and become some of my closest friends.”–Brad K.
- Lincoln International update14 days ago
Lincoln International's Featured Employee of the Week is Matt V! Matt is an Associate in our Chicago office. What makes Lincoln different: “I joined Lincoln knowing that I was joining a team. Like an athletic team, we focus on personal development and competition, against others, not ourselves. Most importantly, we have the unifying goal of being the premier middle market investment bank, which we enthusiastically and vigorously pursue together.” – Matt V.
Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity.
- Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely
- Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative
- Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team
- Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies
- Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness
Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.
Lincoln International attracts, develops and retains outstanding professionals at all levels of the organization who contribute to our culture of teamwork, collegiality and innovation. We invest substantial time and resources on the recruitment, training, staffing, mentoring, reviewing and professional development of our employees. We rely on outstanding people at every level of the firm to bring their skills and perspectives to our growing organization to contribute to the success of our firm.
The continuing growth of Lincoln International provides outstanding career opportunities superior to those of other investment banks. While positions are not always available, we encourage qualified candidates to contact us to begin a dialogue.
At Lincoln International, we are united by a passion for what we do. Our dynamic environment provides an experience completely unique within our industry. This strong sense of unity promotes a collegial atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration.
Because of the firm's growth trajectory, our employees have a consistently high level of engagement and responsibility that affords them unparalleled opportunities and advantages, including:
- Immersion to a variety of transactions across a wide range of industries
- Working along side our most senior bankers to contribute to live engagements
- Superior degree of client exposure
- Constantly evolving and growing responsibilities and challenges
Lincoln International also strives to provide support to those in need through community involvement and contribution. Our regular efforts at The Greater Chicago Food Depository are geared towards helping a great organization that distributed 64 million pounds of food and fresh produce to those in need, last year alone. These volunteer events provide additional opportunities for us to become even closer to our community, as well as each other.
In a high growth company like Lincoln International, we find it important that all our employees have an entrepreneurial spirit. We are all deeply committed not only to the success of the firm, but the advancement of each other. In short, our unmatched and distinctive culture is at the heart of our success, as well as yours.
Lincoln International's training program kicks off a comprehensive learning experience. Each July, new employees from our offices worldwide meet in Chicago for three weeks of training that prepares them for their daily responsibilities. Our program has tremendous success in getting employees on-boarded quickly and ready for live deal experiences from the day they exit training.
We have an apprenticeship approach to developing our new staff as they exit training. New bankers are staffed with professionals that understand their tenure and help them develop quickly to ensure a successful on-boarding. In addition to new-hire training, the firm also supports its employee’s continuous growth through its Continuing Education program, which consists of regular meetings hosted internally and externally on a wide-variety of job-related topics.
Aside from formal training, Lincoln International provides its employees with a number of other professional development tools that ensure your experience to be of the highest use and quality.
- Lincoln International's Mentorship Program - At Lincoln International, we believe that mentoring can be a key to an employee’s ultimate success. We are extremely focused on providing each of our associates with a potential "Path to Partner" track. As such, after joining our firm, each employee is given a senior mentor that helps guide their professional development. The mentor program consists of having at least quarterly meetings to discuss your performance and long-term goals.
- Performance reviews - Our employees are reviewed formally each year and are eligible for a discretionary-based bonus based on their performance. In this setting, we review an employee's strengths, as well as areas for further development. Your mentor, as well as other key people you have worked with, participates in these meetings and continues to work on improvement at your quarterly meetings.
- Company events - Lincoln International hosts regular firm events that help maintain our collegial culture. These events give associates even more exposure to senior officers and we encourage all employees to participate and meet people in different product areas throughout the firm.
Lincoln International is dedicated to being the leading, global mid-market advisory firm. The leadership of Lincoln International and its entire staff are focused on achieving this goal.
Assembling a group of outstanding employees is central to our continuing success. Our professionals have successfully served the strategic and tactical merger and acquisition and corporate finance needs of a worldwide client base.
Lincoln International Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Lincoln is made great by the people that work there. The supportive culture and strong team atmosphere makes working at Lincoln a very positive experience. As an analyst, you get a lot of exposure to senior bankers and executives at the clients that you work with, and the work is fast-paced and generally very interesting. I can't think of a better way to start a career regardless of what you want to do in the business world.
As with any investment bank, the hours are extremely long, but you should know what you signed up for.
Advice to Management
Need to be sure not to lost the entrepreneurial aspect of the firm that has led to so much success. Do not become bureaucratic and rigid as the size of the firm grows.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln International.
My interviews at Lincoln International consisted of several rounds of in-person meetings with what seemed like every MD at the firm, including the CEO. One thing that became immediately apparent, based solely on the process, was that the folks at Lincoln are extremely thorough in making sure the candidate is the right fit. Culture, and the preservation of it, carries significant importance at Lincoln and it really does set this bank apart from others, both larger and smaller.
- Candidates are required to take a detailed personality assessment exam. Answer Question
Abraham Lincoln may not be remembered for his deal making prowess, but Lincoln International hopes to invoke his integrity with its moniker. With fifteen offices in North America, South America, Asia, and Europe, Lincoln International is one of the leading investment banks offering M&A advisory, debt advisory, special situations advisory, and other corporate finance and valuation services. It has in-depth industry expertise in a wide variety of industries and over 350 employees across the globe. Chairman Jim Lawson and Rob Barr, CEO of North American operations ...