Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity.
- Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely
- Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative
- Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team
- Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies
- Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness
Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.
Lincoln International attracts, develops and retains outstanding professionals at all levels of the organization who contribute to our culture of teamwork, collegiality and innovation. We invest substantial time and resources on the recruitment, training, staffing, mentoring, reviewing and professional development of our employees. We rely on outstanding people at every level of the firm to bring their skills and perspectives to our growing organization to contribute to the success of our firm.
The continuing growth of Lincoln International provides outstanding career opportunities superior to those of other investment banks. While positions are not always available, we encourage qualified candidates to contact us to begin a dialogue.
At Lincoln International, we are united by a passion for what we do. Our dynamic environment provides an experience completely unique within our industry. This strong sense of unity promotes a collegial atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration.
Because of the firm's growth trajectory, our employees have a consistently high level of engagement and responsibility that affords them unparalleled opportunities and advantages, including:
- Immersion to a variety of transactions across a wide range of industries
- Working along side our most senior bankers to contribute to live engagements
- Superior degree of client exposure
- Constantly evolving and growing responsibilities and challenges
Lincoln International also strives to provide support to those in need through community involvement and contribution. Our regular efforts at The Greater Chicago Food Depository are geared towards helping a great organization that distributed 64 million pounds of food and fresh produce to those in need, last year alone. These volunteer events provide additional opportunities for us to become even closer to our community, as well as each other.
In a high growth company like Lincoln International, we find it important that all our employees have an entrepreneurial spirit. We are all deeply committed not only to the success of the firm, but the advancement of each other. In short, our unmatched and distinctive culture is at the heart of our success, as well as yours.
Lincoln International's training program kicks off a comprehensive learning experience. Each July, new employees from our offices worldwide meet in Chicago for three weeks of training that prepares them for their daily responsibilities. Our program has tremendous success in getting employees on-boarded quickly and ready for live deal experiences from the day they exit training.
We have an apprenticeship approach to developing our new staff as they exit training. New bankers are staffed with professionals that understand their tenure and help them develop quickly to ensure a successful on-boarding. In addition to new-hire training, the firm also supports its employee’s continuous growth through its Continuing Education program, which consists of regular meetings hosted internally and externally on a wide-variety of job-related topics.
Aside from formal training, Lincoln International provides its employees with a number of other professional development tools that ensure your experience to be of the highest use and quality.
- Lincoln International's Mentorship Program - At Lincoln International, we believe that mentoring can be a key to an employee’s ultimate success. We are extremely focused on providing each of our associates with a potential "Path to Partner" track. As such, after joining our firm, each employee is given a senior mentor that helps guide their professional development. The mentor program consists of having at least quarterly meetings to discuss your performance and long-term goals.
- Performance reviews - Our employees are reviewed formally each year and are eligible for a discretionary-based bonus based on their performance. In this setting, we review an employee's strengths, as well as areas for further development. Your mentor, as well as other key people you have worked with, participates in these meetings and continues to work on improvement at your quarterly meetings.
- Company events - Lincoln International hosts regular firm events that help maintain our collegial culture. These events give associates even more exposure to senior officers and we encourage all employees to participate and meet people in different product areas throughout the firm.
Lincoln International is dedicated to being the leading, global mid-market advisory firm. The leadership of Lincoln International and its entire staff are focused on achieving this goal.
Assembling a group of outstanding employees is central to our continuing success. Our professionals have successfully served the strategic and tactical merger and acquisition and corporate finance needs of a worldwide client base.
Lincoln International Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Lincoln International full-timePros
The best part about working at Lincoln has to be the fact that I have had an outstanding investment banking experience. I have a meaningful impact on the transactions that I work on and know that I am an integral part of the team. I have had a great technical experience while being able to speak on a day-to-day basis with C-level executives at companies.Cons
It is still an investment bank, so if you know that you will be working hard going in there really is not much to complain about.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Lincoln International.Interview Details
Following an on-campus information session, applicants applied through the on-campus career center. Some candidates were given 30-minute on-campus interviews and brought to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Following on-campus interviews, remaining potential candidates attended a superday in Chicago, where we were further interviewed and showed around Chicago. Offers were made following the day of interviews. Lincoln was extremely genuine throughout the interview process, and applicants were treated with kindness and respectInterview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- (Case) Why is it less likely for a retailer to purchase a company that produces a product the retailer sells? Answer Question
Abraham Lincoln may not be remembered for his deal making prowess, but Lincoln International hopes to invoke his integrity with its moniker. With fifteen offices in North America, South America, Asia, and Europe, Lincoln International is one of the leading investment banks offering M&A advisory, debt advisory, special situations advisory, and other corporate finance and valuation services. It has in-depth industry expertise in a wide variety of industries and over 350 employees across the globe. Chairman Jim Lawson and Rob Barr, CEO of North American operations, founded...