Working at LocalEdge
Here are a few reasons why LocalEdge is a great place to build your career:
Success is rewarded:
- Income – we reward success, it’s as simple as that!
- Appreciation – recruitment doesn’t end at your date of hire
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – we encourage individuals to take ownership and improve any facet of the business they are in contact with
There’s no "I" in Team:
- Support – our employees are supported by teams of skilled colleagues and continual training
- Fulfillment – with premise sales teams and reseller partnerships among the Nation’s leading media outlets, the projects our employees contribute to are shaping an industry
- Development – a big size company with an agency feel, it’s commonplace to work on projects involving executive leadership
Armed and Ready:
- Tools to Succeed – our vendor relationships, technology and quality output place us above the competition with tools used whether in sales, support or fulfillment functions
- Company Strength – we are owned by the Hearst Corporation, one of the world’s largest diversified media and information companies
- Casual Environment – no suit, no tie, no problem!
- Benefits – our coverage takes into account current needs (medical, dental, vision) and future developments (short / long-term disability and life) plus a 401K match for retirement
- Vacation / Holidays / Excused Absence – we employ passionate and dedicated individuals…to nurture these attributes our “time-to-unwind” is highly desirable
Join the team who works every day to creatively develop Internet Marketing solutions for an array of customers as well as the technology that powers them.
- Digital Media Sales
Our Digital Media Professionals are trusted advisors to business owners, creating internet advertising solutions to meet their business goals.
- Client Experience
From account management to customer service, this team is dedicated to ensuring our clients' expectations are met and exceeded.
- Software Developers
Our innovative team of .Net and Java developers build software applications and work with a who's-who of internet partners from Google, Yahoo, bing, Facebook and more!
Internet Marketing Services
Develop and build internert marketing campaigns in search engine optimaization, PPC, advanced reputation management, social media marketing, and copywriting.
- Web Designers
Design innovative and cutting edge websites for businesses around the world.
- Business Workflow & Production
Initiate product creation and launch, manage overall business workflow.
- Reseller Partnership Management
Support our advertising resellers and interface with internet marketing services and business workflow to ensure service and performance exceeds expectations.
- Corporate Functions
No company is complete without all of the shared services that keep things running smoothly, from accounting and finance to human resources and marketing.
Connect With Our Talent Acquistion Team Today!
|Penny Emery, Talent Acquisition Manager |
Camille Eichorn, Recruiting Specialist
|Shelly Long, HR Manager & Recruiter: |
North Carolina Sales
|Julia Spunt, Recruiting Coordinator|
Culture & Values
At LocalEdge, our NEW LEADERSHIP is dedicated to building a Culture of Success. We work and play hard. Our values center around our customers, and when our customers succeed, so do we.
Our employees embody the following core values:
- Passion – be fanatical about our customers and products
- Success – be obsessed with winning achievement every day
- Excellence – be relentless in meeting customer expectations and delivering results
- Trustworthy – earn the trust of your co-workers and partners. BE a trusted advisor to our customers.
- Celebrate – Revel in your success, have fun at what you do, and celebrate victories big and small.
- Empower – Take the bull by the horns and make it happen! Own it from start to finish. Never give up!
Are you up to the challenge?
Here at LocalEdge, we take pride in recognizing our employees for going above and beyond in their everyday
tasks. Frequent sales contests around activity, revenue, and other key metrics are the norm! Aside from traditional compensation, some of our recent prizes have included all-expense paid trips, gift cards, TV's, Spa Days, and the latest trending electronics!
Our best performers are regularly achnowledged through our Employees of the Month and annual Employees of the year. Whether it's a career in sales or one of other essential fields, there is always rewarding incentive to work toward. So...are you up to the challenge?
LocalEdge, a division of Hearst Media Services, is dedicated to bringing the best talent on board in all areas of our company. Our currently featured job is the Digital Account Executive position in our Charlotte, NC office. Being our newest office – which only opened earlier this year – this sales team has experienced tremendous success and is continuing the search for top talent in Charlotte, NC! We asked our Director of Sales, Pancho Mangual, some questions about working for this team...here is what he had to say:
Q. What makes your team so unique?
A. “We are the most competitive sales team in the company, this supported by the fact that 4 of our 10 reps have already qualified for 2014 President's Club, after only 6 months of selling”
Q. What helps your team stay motivated to reach their goals?
A. “Reps get weekly incentives…some of them include Carolina Panthers football tickets, a plaque for sales person of the month, gift cards for winning competitions, etc. And every Tuesday they get free Taco Tuesday lunch too.”
Q. What is the result for a rep who hits their goals?
A. “If they are hitting all of their goals for new account sales, top account executives can make $100K or more annually.”
Q. What are the top three qualities that you believe will allow a representative to thrive in this position?
A. “In order to thrive, you need to have a good work ethic, a positive attitude, and an insatiable need to win.”
Q. What does a typical day for someone in this role look like?
A. “Cold-calling, prospecting, meeting with clients/doing sales presentations, in-office training, and resourcing.”
Please click on the link below to apply for our featured job:
Digital Account Executive: http://jobsco.re/Z9iVLY
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (more than an year)Pros
Great money if you are willing to work for it. The tools are there and regularly upgraded and improved. One needs to be able to have great work ethic, work a full day, keep a good attitude, and ask for guidance when needed and they will succeed at a sales position at LocalEdge.Cons
There has been a lot of change to make improvements and with change there is always hesitation and uncertainty. One has to roll with the changes and adapt to continue to succeed and reap the benefits.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue to monitor progress and engage with every level of your employees to better the moral and training needed.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at LocalEdge in December 2013.Interview Details
Three interviews....one phone interview and 2 in person....Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Had to sell something to the manager. They gave me a made up product and gave me 3 minutes to prepare and I had to sell to the manager. Answer Question
LocalEdge is a leading internet marketing provider for local businesses. As a Hearst Media Services Company and Division of Hearst Communications, Inc., our products and fulfillment services power thousands of businesses globally within direct markets and our affiliate channel.
We offer unparallelled opportunities for businesses to grow successfully online through...
Mission: Deliver internet marketing products with the highest quality and value for local businesses maximizing our customer's growth.