Long View Systems
Every Business is an Information Technology Business
Long View is one of the most powerful IT solutions and services companies in North America with offices across the continent. With a clear focus on combining business and technology through our Hybrid IT methodology, Long View is able to define and customize what the future of IT looks like. Innovative, flexible, cost-effective, and business focused… that’s Long View.
Long View’s Vision of 100
When Don Bialik founded Long View in 1999, he set out to create a 100 year old company. Through keeping our integrity, continually developing our competence, adding real value to our client’s businesses, and always having fun, we will be able to accomplish his goal.
We’re on a Mission
To build the best and most sustainable team driven IT consulting and procurement organization where as many great people as possible can have healthy lives and prosperous careers by continuously adding value to our clients.
Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
It’s an extraordinary promise to make. But it’s a promise we live up to… every day.
A career at Long View is not a job. It’s not a means of paying the bills. It’s different at Long View — because here, as the saying goes; you can do what you love… and love what you do. Working at Long View means being engaged, challenged, and happy. Working at Long View is different than working just about anywhere else.
Remember how Apple was started by two guys in a garage? Long View was started in 1999 by an IT-savvy trio and run out of a den in the Calgary suburbs (true story). And since those humble beginnings, Long View has rapidly grown into an outfit with offices across North America.
There’s good reason for our growth and success. Plenty of them, in fact. And the vast majority have to do with providing our employees the tools they need to succeed in their careers, and their life.
At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm. We’re proud to say that we view each other as family. We’ve established a uniquely cool culture that’s refreshingly free of politics and red tape. And it’s all built on what we call our Core Pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — that resonates through everything we do.Because of Long View’s focus on individual and team development, our people are some of the best in the industry. They get to play with all the “cool stuff.” And they shape the future of technology — by collaborating with other great minds at Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, HP, NetApp, and lots of other high-profile tech companies.
Long View also offers a fantastic springboard for our people to advance their career, with paid training, certifications, and unique professional development opportunities, such as our Leadership Development Program.
At Long View, our people are energetic, motivated, and proud. Our workplace is positive and dynamic.
Just a Job? Not on Your Life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day.
We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers — and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars — Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun — resonate through the workplace. And you’ll be recognized and rewarded for your innovation, effort, and enthusiasm. Just a job? Not on your life.
Here’s what else to expect from a Long View career:
- Career Life Plans (CLPs): You meet with your team leader to talk about your career, life, and training goals.
- Exposure to emerging and advanced technologies and access to hundreds of technical experts (750+ consultants) who are shaping the future of technology every day.
- Leadership Development Program – a program designed for future Long View leaders.
- We don’t like to use the word “requirement,” but we ask that you take at least two to four training events each year.
- Mentorship is a key part of our culture. Rest assured: you’ll be mentored by some of the industry’s best.
- You’ll get to work closely with many of the top IT players in the world, such as Microsoft, Apple, HP, NetApp and Cisco.
A workplace where your ideas and contributions are valued and recognized
- Recognition programs: From gift cards to newsletter announcements to a personal thank-you from the CEO, you’ll be proudly recognized for your achievements.
- Tell us how we’re doing — on employee satisfaction surveys, during executive focus groups, or simply over coffee with a Long View leader
- Be part of a great team environment. You’ll never be left trying to solve problems on your own.
- Outreach and support during life’s ups and downs.
- Employee benefits and perks that enhance your quality of life, and help you and your family stay happy and healthy.
Compensation and benefits
- Get the benefits you want for you and your family.
- Incentive pay, paid out quarterly, above and beyond your base salary.
- Five per cent given to you for your RRSP/401K account (no contribution required on your part).
- Catered lunches for weekly team meetings.
- Free coffee, soda, juice, and tea.
An expectation that employees have FUN at work
- We LOVE to bring everyone together. Long View regularly hosts employee and family events, including holidays, Long View birthday celebrations, family movie outings, and more.
- You’ll be in the loop: We have Monthly General Meetings (MGMs) to update you on the happenings of the company — and there’s a great catered lunch included!
- Be part of multiple team-building events throughout the year.
- Keep fit with company-sponsored competitive sports teams.
- Contests, games, and challenges keep work exciting.
A compassionate culture where staff members view each other as family
Long View Offers What We Call a “Culture of Caring.”
At Long View, staff members view each other as family, and we offer our people support and compassion in dealing with problems at work or at home. We look after our people if they’re having difficulties, or require assistance of any kind. That social “safety net” has become a hallmark of our company.
We don’t just tell our staff how much we value them. We show it with an extensive benefits package, quarterly incentives, and annual retirement contributions.
We also have a wide array of employee recognition programs. Annual and five-year service awards, weekly Over & Above gift cards, a Caught in the Act program, and some of the coolest gifts around allow us to show our appreciation properly.
The Long View Career Life Plan (CLP), meanwhile, is the centerpiece of our pledge to employee well-being. Our people meet annually with their leaders to assess life achievements, career goals, training, assignment preferences, and marketable skills, and also get together on a quarterly basis to chat about their progress.
Everyone needs to let their hair down once in a while, and Long View makes a point of filling its employees’ social calendars. We throw some of the best corporate events around — including an annual golf tournament, holiday galas, an annual company birthday bash, and more.
What Did You Learn Today?
We don’t just pay lip service to professional development, we go out of our way to provide it. At Long View, we have our own Learning and Development group that actively seeks out certification opportunities, creates training programs in emerging technologies, and offers abundant technical and soft-skills training courses for our employees year-round — all on the company dime.
Technology never stands still. It is always evolving. We want to make sure we are growing and evolving at the same pace, and that’s why Long View supports employee training in a flexible learning environment. We offer technical, soft-skills, and leadership training through various methods — including live and remote classrooms, e-learning, webinars, conferences, mentorship, and task forces.
And, yes, career advancement is something we take very seriously. Our Leadership Development Program (LDP) is one of the programs we are most proud of. Designed for current and future leaders, the LDP provides classroom learning combined with peer and management discussion, practical experience, challenges, videos, games, and group activities. Lots of learning, but even more importantly, lots of fun is had along the way in our LDP
Long View Systems Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Long View Systems full-time (more than an year)Pros
Company culture is very welcoming once you show that you will work hard.
The friendships you make, make it nice to go to work.
Great place to start a career in IT, the shared service desk will give you as much experience as you want, comparable to several years on a single client service deskCons
They lack on paying their employees appropriately
Some people whine about favoritism
Lack of growth in the USAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Recognize how each of your people contribute to the company
Give the service desk more credit for the success of the companyRecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Our People are the Heart of IT.
Long View is one of the most powerful IT solutions and services companies in North America with offices across the continent. With a clear focus on combining business and technology in key areas such as Cloud, data center infrastructure, user support, and IT outsourcing, Long View is able to define and customize what the future of IT looks...
Mission: Our mission statement.
To build the best and most sustainable team driven IT consulting and procurement organization where as many great people as possible can have...