- Lowe's update9 days ago
"Customers today want companies to stand for something more than just making money. They want to see companies give back to society, contribute to communities, make a positive difference in people's lives, and understand their needs." Read more from Brent Kirby, Chief Omni Channel Officer at Lowe's, about the future of building the right company culture.
- Lowe's update23 days ago
Lowe's is dedicated to our employees' career growth and development. The Lowe's Leadership Institute works to identify and educate our future leaders. Learn more about how Lowe's is fostering leadership.
Since 1946, Lowe's has been improving home improvement. From day one, our history shows a dedication to providing our very best to the customers, employees and communities we serve.
For the customers who visit Lowe's—whether it's their first trip or a regular stop—it means proving our value by providing quality products and services at competitive prices.
As an employer, it's all about encouraging our people to think big and be part of bringing Lowe's to the next level. It means maximizing employee's talents to help them build rewarding careers.
And outside our walls, our commitment to community involvement means rolling up our sleeves and getting to work to ensure we all have the opportunity for success.
Lowe’s Vision: We will provide customer-valued solutions with the best prices, products and services to make Lowe's the first choice for home improvement.
- Customer Focused
- Passion for Execution
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Retail may be constantly evolving, but the Lowe's commitment to our customers and employees never changes. We give employees the tools they need to grow and advance, like our unique management development programs. Follow your passion and build your career at one of more than 1,750 Lowe's stores across North America.
We have opportunities for:
- Store Management, where you'll oversee day-to-day operations within our retail locations, focusing on optimizing employee and store performance.
- Customer Service, where, as the primary point of contact, you have the opportunity to create exceptional customer experiences at every interaction and embody Lowe's dedication to quality services.
- Sales Specialists who demonstrate unequalled product knowledge and customer-focus in the presentation and sales of various specialty items for Lowe's.
- Loss Prevention, where you'll play a key role in day-to-day store operations, protecting customers, employees, and company assets by establishing controls that minimize inventory shrink and losses due to accidents.
It takes big-picture thinking to help drive a FORTUNE 100® company. It takes a personal commitment to the success of the team, and vision that extends well beyond the horizon. Follow your pioneering spirit to the Lowe’s Corporate Support Center and let your talents shine in one of the following areas of opportunity:
- Business Development
- Contact Center
- Corporate Affairs & Facilities
- Customer Experience
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Real Estate & Engineering
- Specialty Sales
- Store Operations Support
- Supply Chain & Transportation
Lowe's distribution center employees are responsible for efficiently moving thousands of products from the manufacturer to our retail stores and, finally, into our customers' hands. Their commitment to efficiency helps Lowe's stay at-the-ready for customer needs.
Keep your career moving with opportunities to become:
- Distribution Management, where you'll apply your proven leadership skills by guiding and motivating team members in various keys areas.
- A Team Member, who will confidently and efficiently keep Lowe's moving toward a brighter future.
Lowe’s has funded community improvement projects since 1957. But answering the call to serve means more than writing checks. It means lending a helping hand in times of need. We do that with the help of Lowe’s Heroes.
Each year, Lowe’s employees team up to provide thousands of hours of support to local communities as part of the Lowe’s Heroes employee volunteer program. The company-wide program encourages employees in a location to work together, adopt a volunteer project with a local nonprofit organization or K-12 public school, and make a difference.
Hundreds of Lowe’s Heroes mobilized to help families recover and rebuild in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas and other states impacted by destructive fires, floods and tornadoes.
At a time of increasing need, Lowe’s Heroes continued to step forward to assist our neighbors in 2013. Lowe’s Heroes completed more than 1,200 community improvement projects across North America.
Employees from our stores, distribution centers, regional and corporate offices volunteered their time and skills to support our nonprofit partners and deliver hands-on help on a local level. From part-time employees to vice presidents, Lowe’s Heroes rolled up their sleeves to complete community improvement projects that included:
- Joining Habitat for Humanity and Rebuilding Together to revitalize neighborhoods in 15 states from California to Connecticut.
- Repairing and renovating Boys & Girls Clubs in Alabama, California, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Washington.
- Refurbishing rinks in Ontario in partnership with Hockey Canada to revitalize the infrastructure of youth hockey in Canada.
- Making critical improvements at schools to support Lowe’s Toolbox for Education®grants awarded in 49 states.
- Completing environmental cleanup and improvement projects with Keep America Beautiful in Alabama, California, Florida, Michigan, Louisiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Pennsylvania.
Lowe’s Heroes also came together to answer the call for help in the aftermath of several natural disasters. Hundreds of Lowe’s Heroes mobilized to help families recover and rebuild in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas and other states impacted by destructive fires, floods and tornadoes. Lowe’s Heroes packed buckets full of emergency supplies and distributed them to local residents. They also partnered with the First Response Team of America to provide immediate aid to families in need, removing debris, cleaning up properties and helping families salvage their valuables during the first few critical hours and days after disasters.
Lowe's is committed to rewarding the hard work and dedication of the employees who have helped us get to where we are today.
We show our appreciation of their commitment by offering them an industry-leading benefits program that includes comprehensive medical,dental, vision plans as well as life insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, 401(k) options, and an employee stock purchase plan.
Lowe's also offers a wide range of no-cost wellness benefits to its employees, including the Family Assistance Program, Quit For Life smoking cessation, and the My Life Track wellness website. Learn about those benefits here. Part-time employees also have several benefitsavailable to them.
In addition, employees also receive the following benefits:
Caring for Dependents
- Child care Resource and Referral Services
- Elder care Resource and Referral Services
Paid and Unpaid Time Off
- Paid Holidays (inclusive of Floating Holidays)
- Family & Medical Leave
- Sick Pay
Health and Wellness
- On-Site Nurses (Corporate campuses and Distribution only)
- On-Site Pharmacy (Mooresville Corporate campus with extended service to the Wilkesboro campus)
- On-Site Work/Life Seminars (Corporate campuses only)
- Flextime and Compressed Workweeks (Corporate campuses only)
- Seasonal Schedules (Stores and Distribution only)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted On-line University Programs (Kaplan, Strayer & Capella Universities)
- Free and/or Discounted Tax Preparation Services
- Discounts on a variety of products and special orders
- Scholarship programs
Employees may purchase company products at a 10% discount. Purchases must be for the use of the employees, their dependents, or as bona fide gifts.
On-Site Corporate Amenities
Employees who work in Lowe's Customer Support Center locations have access to the following:
- On-site ATM
- Laundry and dry cleaning services
- Off-site child daycare arrangements
- Privacy rooms for new mothers
- Health and fitness fairs
- Business casual work environment
- On-site jogging/walking trail
Learning & Development
The success of Lowe's is driven by pioneering spirits. By the creative minds who find opportunity in change. By those who don't stop at good enough and believe tomorrow holds new possibilities.
We are committed to fostering our employees' unique talents through diverse learning opportunities and resources to help them shine in their roles and continue our momentum toward the future.
At Lowe's, our goal is to empower you to own your career and steer it toward success by offering results-driven learning on the job in self-paced e-learning courses, and instructor-led sessions.
Starting a new career can be exciting and intimidating. We get it. So we've created a 90-day Onboarding Program that provides fun, interactive, and useful experiences to acclimate you to the team, connect you with important resources and contacts, immerse you in our rich culture, and help you become the architect for your future at Lowe's.
We recognize the importance of the decisions you make concerning your career. At Lowe's, we provide you opportunities to develop and manage your career through education, support networks, and self-directed resources, including:
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Certified CPE course offerings
- Management Development programs through the Lowe's Leadership Institute
- Skill and competence development courses
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)
Lowe's provides an excellent atmosphere that is fun, safe, and comfortable to work in. I was worried about not knowing where things were when a customer asked, but you can always look to a fellow employee to give you a hand....with anything! If you've never used powered equipment, that will change.
If you aren't full time, hours will get cut around Summer time. Having a heavy work-load and having to cover 1 or 2 other departments. When you put on the vest, the customer will assume that you know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING in the store while others will expect you to be in 2 places at once. It may seem tedious at times, but no matter how busy you are, you have to make it a habit to stop and ask EVERY customer (with a smile) if they could use your help for anything.
Advice to Management
Just remember what it was like when you were entry level. Even if you are a fast learner, you can't get it all figured out in a day...or even a month. Be good to your employees and they will be good to you....at least they should, anyways.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (127)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.
Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.
- Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment. 2 Answers
- Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily. Answer Question
- Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information. Answer Question
- Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker. Answer Question
- Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done. Answer Question
Lowe’s has been helping customers improve the places they call home for more than 60 years. Founded in 1946 and traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 1961, Lowe’s (LOW) has grown from a small hardware store to a total home improvement company providing customers inspiration and support whenever and wherever they shop. Whether our customers shop in store, online, by ...
Mission: Customer service and community service are core commitments at Lowe’s – and they have been for more than 60 years. Being a good neighbor means being committed to improving the places our employees and customers call home. We see that as an investment in our future. We’ve grown that investment as Lowe’s has grown from a small-town hardware store in North Wilkesboro, N.C., to a FORTUNE® 100 home improvement company.