We are an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
Our broad product line supports clients’ needs across all major asset classes and provides them with a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office. We have a highly flexible business model that enables clients to select the individual products and services they need and integrate them into their own investment processes and methodologies.
Asset owners use our research, data, benchmarks and multi-asset class risk management tools to determine whether the managers they hire are delivering appropriate risk-adjusted returns.
Chief investment officers use our extensive, high-quality data to develop and test investment strategies. They also use our models and performance attribution tools to understand the drivers of return in their portfolios.
Active managers rely on our factor models, data and portfolio construction and optimization tools to build portfolios and keep them aligned with their investment objectives.
Passive managers use our index data, equity factor models and optimizer to construct their index funds and ETFs.
Chief risk officers choose our risk management systems to understand, monitor and control risk in the portfolios they are safeguarding.
As a world-renowned and highly respected provider of investment decision tools, MSCI is an ideal place to build your career.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We offer a wide range of work experiences and learning opportunities through our businesses.
We offer a fast-paced yet collegial environment, which is created through global teamwork and close working relationships with different levels of management. You will be given extensive responsibilities and will be challenged intellectually.
Our primary goal is to recruit top-tier candidates, challenge their thinking, cultivate their talent and ultimately help them to succeed. At MSCI, we find that the key to remaining dynamic and essential in the marketplace is recruiting and retaining superior talent.
Our core values are part of everything we do and our commitment to clients, shareholders and employees is paramount. Our values include:
- Put the Client First-We will focus on the client first and all else will follow.
- Work as One Team-We strive to make our core values a part of everything we do.
- Champion Bold Ideas- We will challenge the status quo, uncover new opportunities and explore new ideas to deliver outstanding results.
- Pursue Excellence-We will continuously focus on quality, reliability and superior execution.
- Act with Integrity-We will keep our promises, and act transparently and ethically.
- Take Personal Responsibility- We will push ourselves out of our comfort zones and be inspired to do the best work of our careers.
We asked employees at MSCI to tell us about their experiences working at MSCI. Here is what they said:
- “With relationships and exposure to tenured and collaborative colleagues, endless opportunities for professional development and great networking opportunities, it is easy to see how professionals can both start and eventually center their entire careers around MSCI.”
- “Having launched my career right out of college, MSCI has provided me with a great opportunity to transition from the classroom to the corporate world. I am engaged to lead assignments and to be involved in high-profile initiatives. It is extremely rewarding to see my work and contributions make a difference“
- “At MSCI, I get to work with a culturally diverse set of people who set high standard for themselves as well as others.“
- “I am proud to work at MSCI because our brand is impacting people’s lives both globally and locally beyond just the institutional investment community.”
- “Being at MSCI has made it possible for me to realize my dream of having a global career.”
- “What I appreciate most about working at MSCI is that the people who work here are not only committed to the company but are always looking to break paradigms. This is why I love my job.”
- “I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to work closely with so many talented and experienced individuals with such diverse backgrounds. Being surrounded by a fantastic team of persons from different countries with varied experiences working for banks, asset managers and hedge funds, I have learned a lot which has helped me grow quickly in my role.“
- “From giving a broad introduction to what sustainable investment is to highlighting my knowledge in the specific industries I work on, there is a certain joy in telling people how dynamic and intricate our work is.“
- “The longer I stay at MSCI, the more I seem to learn since the people I work with are industry leaders.”
Nice working environment at MSCI
Repetitive work and lack use of new tools
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSCI (New York, NY).
asked about what classes I took and tested a lot of questions based on the content of the classes. Just like you are doing an mid-term in class, but by oral.
- Put/call options? Examples? 1 Answer
For more than 40 years, MSCI‘s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world‘s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Mission: We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions. We provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Through our environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and applications we deliver insights, analysis and tools to support investment processes that incorporate sustainability considerations.