- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Madcap Software full-timePros
I've worked for a number of companies over the years and MadCap Software is by far the best so far. I agree with the other reviewer who says he/she doesn't recognize the company when reading some of the negative reviews on here. Here's my take on that...
It sounds like most of the dissatisfaction comes from people who were in the Sales department here. I'm not in that department, so I can't comment too much about the specifics. But I do know that we have some sales people who have been here for quite some time and they seem pretty successful and happy to me. It seems to me that you really must have two key qualities if you're going to work at MadCap Software: talent and a work ethic. It's pretty much a given that those who are unhappy with the company and didn't last are missing one or both of those qualities. If you're a dullard who just wants to come in and surf the Internet all day long, you're not going to make it here. In fact, I beg you, please don't apply to work here if you're either untalented or lazy. I don't want to look at you everyday. But if you've got talent and don't mind putting in an honest day's work, there's no reason you can't be as happy and successful here as most people seem to be.
Also, for the person who compares MadCap Sofware to Iraq, that kind of comment is extremely dishonest and, well, moronic. I'm not surprised you didn't last at this company. And as for the bad smell, have you considered the possibility that it might have been you?
- Great people
- Nice location. La Jolla is beautiful, lots of wonderful places to eat and take a walk to break up your day.
- The products are great and practically sell themselves.
- The CEO is awesome. I don't understand any of the negative comments. He cares a lot about his employees.
- I'm happy with the compensation.
- Seems like a company with a very bright future.Cons
- Traffic getting into La Jolla can be a pain sometimes.
- It sounds like the hiring process for sales people needs to be looked at. Too many unexceptional humans seem to be getting through the door.
- I'd like to be able to work from home sometimes. If I've shown I can get my work done (and I know I can actually get MORE done from home), I don't see why it should be an issue, especially for a technology company.
- I wish there were more bathrooms on the first floor.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Please try to be a more selective when hiring people for the Sales department. It should require more than someone who has a pulse and a LinkedIn account.
Also, please consider a work-at-home policy of some kind. Maybe after an employee is here for a certain number of years they should be able to work from home x number of days a week.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Madcap Software.Interview Details
Conducted multiple phone interviews, the first one with the CFO and then one with the VP of engineering (weird!). The interview process stalled when attempting to schedule the in person interview. Responses from the company dissipated and no return email or phone calls were received. Very unprofessional and potentially a sign of things to come! STAY CLEAR!Interview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
- What is a sealed class. View Answer