At Marathon Oil, we look for motivated, team-oriented people with high integrity who thrive in a challenging work environment where they can make a direct impact right away.
We realize that you will only be satisfied in your job if it’s taking you further in your career. When you become part of our team, we’ll work together to help you reach your full potential. We're serious about maintaining a culture that challenges you to reach your goals, keeps you engaged and makes you want to do more and be more.
Challenging work can be very rewarding. Our competitive Real Life REWARDS benefits program is meant to enhance and preserve your work/life balance and help you plan and prepare for tomorrow.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive package to recognize your contributions to our current and future success.
- Health coverage – We offer medical, dental, vision and other benefits to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family.
- Flexibility – We allow for flexible work arrangements to provide a better work-life balance. Additionally, some positions can be considered for flexible work schedules.
- Time away – To help you recharge, we offer a minimum of three weeks paid time off.
- Retirement Plan – Enjoy the rewards of a successful career with the Marathon Oil Company Retirement Plan which offers an annual contribution of 7-11 percent in the pension plan.
- Thrift Plan – As an additional way to save for financial security in retirement, our 401(k) savings plan offers a 7 percent Company matching contribution.
- Additional Benefits – Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Program, Adoption Assistance and Education Reimbursement.
Similar programs are offered for our international workforce and may vary by country.
Marathon Oil creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and services for our customers. In doing so, we act responsibly toward those who work for us, the communities in which we operate and our business partners.
These are the core values that guide Marathon Oil’s approach to business:
- Health and Safety: We conduct our business with high regard for the health and safety of our employees, contractors and neighboring communities.
- Environmental Stewardship: We are committed to minimizing environmental impacts by reducing wastes, emissions and other releases.
- Honesty and Integrity: We uphold high standards of business ethics and integrity, enforce strict principles of corporate governance and support transparency in all of our operations.
- Corporate Citizenship: We live by our principles of corporate social responsibility and make a difference through our philanthropic, social development and volunteer programs.
- High Performance: We create sustainable value through a high performance team culture and provide a collaborative, supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to reach their full professional potential.
Marathon recognizes that operating in communities and countries is a privilege. We manage our business in a way that promotes social, environmental and economic benefits for our stakeholders. We believe that our efforts to build a competitive workforce, enhance health and wellbeing, and protect the environment benefit both Marathon and the communities where we operate.
View our online Corporate Social Responsibility report here: http://www.marathonoil.com/lov2012/
Marathon Oil Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Marathon OilRecommendsApproves of CEORecommendsApproves of CEO
Open to new ideas and improvements, work life balance, great benefits.
Locate in heavy traffic area
Advice to Management
Focus on developing and internal trainings
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in February 2015.
I applied through a top Recruiting agency. The job description says for Oracle Support role. Since I had more years of experience in database administration than what they were looking for, I was offered job without any interview/discussion. On day one, the DBA manager and the Team Lead were discussing with me a different job role(an implementation project) than advertised. In the afternoon, I had an unexpected meeting with the whole dba team which turned into a panel interview of 7 dbas. Though the manager and the team lead were asking technical questions, I had no idea why they want the presence of other 5 dbas in the interview room. They were all silent after introducing themselves and had a live view of my interview without notice. I don't know if the manager had any prior idea what he is looking for in a candidate. After a day of work at their location, I was informed that they didn't select me. What did you say???? I had other offers in line, which I declined for joining Marathon Oil and on day 1, my opining on the company changed. I wish they discussed the implementation role prior to extending an offer than informing after a day of work. Seems like they call it as interview at work after joining. Never heard anything like that in my whole career. May be the manager is trying for a different interview process (interview after extending offer) and wants candidate to leave the contract after joining them. Is this the way Marathon treats their contractors?
Totally unprofessional. I am thankful for not joining such an unethical group.
- Questions on Oracle technical discussions, Archival backup and basic architecture. Answer Question
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and Africa. Large, stable base assets are the foundation for Marathon Oil’s current production and generate substantial earnings and operating cash flow for investing in the Company’s growth portfolio. The Company emphasizes high operational availability, disciplined investment and a competitive cost structure to maximize recovery and income from its base assets.
Marathon Oil creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and...