At Marathon Oil, we look for motivated, team-oriented people with high integrity who thrive in a challenging work environment where they can make a direct impact right away.
We realize that you will only be satisfied in your job if it’s taking you further in your career. When you become part of our team, we’ll work together to help you reach your full potential. We're serious about maintaining a culture that challenges you to reach your goals, keeps you engaged and makes you want to do more and be more.
Challenging work can be very rewarding. Our competitive Real Life REWARDS benefits program is meant to enhance and preserve your work/life balance and help you plan and prepare for tomorrow.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive package to recognize your contributions to our current and future success.
- Health coverage – We offer medical, dental, vision and other benefits to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family.
- Flexibility – We allow for flexible work arrangements to provide a better work-life balance. Additionally, some positions can be considered for flexible work schedules.
- Time away – To help you recharge, we offer a minimum of three weeks paid time off.
- Retirement Plan – Enjoy the rewards of a successful career with the Marathon Oil Company Retirement Plan which offers an annual contribution of 7-11 percent in the pension plan.
- Thrift Plan – As an additional way to save for financial security in retirement, our 401(k) savings plan offers a 7 percent Company matching contribution.
- Additional Benefits – Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Program, Adoption Assistance and Education Reimbursement.
Similar programs are offered for our international workforce and may vary by country.
Marathon Oil creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and services for our customers. In doing so, we act responsibly toward those who work for us, the communities in which we operate and our business partners.
These are the core values that guide Marathon Oil’s approach to business:
- Health and Safety: We conduct our business with high regard for the health and safety of our employees, contractors and neighboring communities.
- Environmental Stewardship: We are committed to minimizing environmental impacts by reducing wastes, emissions and other releases.
- Honesty and Integrity: We uphold high standards of business ethics and integrity, enforce strict principles of corporate governance and support transparency in all of our operations.
- Corporate Citizenship: We live by our principles of corporate social responsibility and make a difference through our philanthropic, social development and volunteer programs.
- High Performance: We create sustainable value through a high performance team culture and provide a collaborative, supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to reach their full professional potential.
Marathon recognizes that operating in communities and countries is a privilege. We manage our business in a way that promotes social, environmental and economic benefits for our stakeholders. We believe that our efforts to build a competitive workforce, enhance health and wellbeing, and protect the environment benefit both Marathon and the communities where we operate.
View our online Corporate Social Responsibility report here: http://www.marathonoil.com/lov2012/
Marathon Oil Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Marathon Oil full-time (more than 8 years)Pros
I've been with the company eight years and it's gotten better and better year after year. I started as a college new hire, 22 y/o and was quickly recognized by my management that I was a "high potential individual". With my contributions to MRO, since my starting salary offer, my total pay has over doubled in less than 8 years. The work is interesting, challenging and lots of paid time off, 9/80 flex schedule and recent new executive management trying to enhance communication things are only going to continue getting better.Cons
Burecrocy is still apparent even with some of the changes executives try to put in place, there are still older upper managment that have a very old school attitude about work and have unrealistic expectations about deadlines and quick turn around requests - these are far and few between but still exist.Advice to ManagementAdvice
The world is changing, people are expecting more from corporations that rake in billions of dollars of profit a year and pay their CEO tens of millions of dollars a year. Newer employees are expecting more benefits, perks & a company to look out for their STAKEHOLDERS (communities and employees) not just Shareholders.
A more aggressive giving campaign would really promote sense that the company really cares about the people and communities just as much as shareholders.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
Resume submitted, followed by a brief phone interview (30 minutes). An in-person on-site interview followed after a few weeks consisting of a panel of 3 employees acting as the selection committee. There were multiple interviewees for this in-person interview process, but it definitely felt like each interview was being tailored to specific skills and background strengths. There weren't any canned questions. Very professional and well done throughout.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- The most difficult question posed was whether or not there would be any deal breakers on my side for accepting the job if offered. I have never had this question asked before, and it threw me for a bit of a loop. The proposed hours were not typical, which is why I think that they were asking this as people with families or other obligations may need a more 8-to-5 schedule. I appreciate this very much though, and it made me feel like the interviewers were looking to make a "best fit" selection for the job instead of just filling a desk. It raised my opinion of this company even further. Answer Question
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and Africa. Large, stable base assets are the foundation for Marathon Oil’s current production and generate substantial earnings and operating cash flow for investing in the Company’s growth portfolio. The Company emphasizes high operational availability, disciplined investment and a competitive cost structure to maximize recovery and income from its base assets.
Marathon Oil creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and...