At Marathon Oil, we look for motivated, team-oriented people with high integrity who thrive in a challenging work environment where they can make a direct impact right away.
We realize that you will only be satisfied in your job if it’s taking you further in your career. When you become part of our team, we’ll work together to help you reach your full potential. We're serious about maintaining a culture that challenges you to reach your goals, keeps you engaged and makes you want to do more and be more.
Challenging work can be very rewarding. Our competitive Real Life REWARDS benefits program is meant to enhance and preserve your work/life balance and help you plan and prepare for tomorrow.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive package to recognize your contributions to our current and future success.
- Health coverage – We offer medical, dental, vision and other benefits to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family.
- Flexibility – We allow for flexible work arrangements to provide a better work-life balance. Additionally, some positions can be considered for flexible work schedules.
- Time away – To help you recharge, we offer a minimum of three weeks paid time off.
- Retirement Plan – Enjoy the rewards of a successful career with the Marathon Oil Company Retirement Plan which offers an annual contribution of 7-11 percent in the pension plan.
- Thrift Plan – As an additional way to save for financial security in retirement, our 401(k) savings plan offers a 7 percent Company matching contribution.
- Additional Benefits – Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Program, Adoption Assistance and Education Reimbursement.
Similar programs are offered for our international workforce and may vary by country.
Marathon Oil creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and services for our customers. In doing so, we act responsibly toward those who work for us, the communities in which we operate and our business partners.
These are the core values that guide Marathon Oil’s approach to business:
- Health and Safety: We conduct our business with high regard for the health and safety of our employees, contractors and neighboring communities.
- Environmental Stewardship: We are committed to minimizing environmental impacts by reducing wastes, emissions and other releases.
- Honesty and Integrity: We uphold high standards of business ethics and integrity, enforce strict principles of corporate governance and support transparency in all of our operations.
- Corporate Citizenship: We live by our principles of corporate social responsibility and make a difference through our philanthropic, social development and volunteer programs.
- High Performance: We create sustainable value through a high performance team culture and provide a collaborative, supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to reach their full professional potential.
Marathon recognizes that operating in communities and countries is a privilege. We manage our business in a way that promotes social, environmental and economic benefits for our stakeholders. We believe that our efforts to build a competitive workforce, enhance health and wellbeing, and protect the environment benefit both Marathon and the communities where we operate.
View our online Corporate Social Responsibility report here: http://www.marathonoil.com/lov2012/
Marathon Oil Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Marathon Oil full-time for more than a yearPros
Allow you to really define your working area and activities to meet the business need.Cons
A little more communication between supervisors and subordinatesAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Include subordinates in future planningRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marathon Oil in May 2014.Interview Details
Went through a recruiter. The process took about two weeks. The phone screen was highly technical. It was with the HR rep and the Tech manager that spoke in Engineer-ese the whole time. Not a great experience.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- What goes into a material balance? Answer Question
Based on location.Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and Africa. Large, stable base assets are the foundation for Marathon Oil’s current production and generate substantial earnings and operating cash flow for investing in the Company’s growth portfolio. The Company emphasizes high operational availability, disciplined investment and a competitive cost structure to maximize recovery and income from its base assets.
Marathon Oil creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and...