- Masonite International update10 hours ago
In 1924, an experimental "gun" was used to convert wood chips into fiber. When William H. Mason and his assistant first tested the gun, there was a loud explosion, and wood fiber scattered all over the floor. Mason exclaimed, "Success with the first shot!"
- Masonite International update2 days ago
Continue your career in HR with Masonite! We're hiring a Human Resources Manager in Northumberland, PA. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vITK4
Simply stated, Masonite® doors will make your home more beautiful.
They possess a distinctive style and flare that can accent a décor and even become the focus of a room or the exterior of your home. They provide arresting beauty, lasting durability and timeless performance.
Masonite is known worldwide for innovation, quality products, exceptional customer service and a commitment to excellence. Over 80 years of dedication to innovation, technical advancements and customers make Masonite® the brand that builders, remodelers and consumers choose when creating homes of distinction.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Masonite employs over seven thousand people worldwide. At Masonite, employees from all parts of the company understand that people love their homes. Masonite is continually creating new and innovative products that will make any home more beautiful, more valuable and more enjoyable.
Compare the Masonite® door.
Value. We offer you better products, superior options, more configurations and exceptional service.
Variety. We provide the most comprehensive portfolio of styles, designs, textures, components, glass options, applications and materials.
Quality. We promise durable, long-lasting doors in a broad range of materials and finishes.
Support. We are committed to providing exceptional customer support backed by solid warranties.
Innovation. We pride ourselves in really listening to our customers. We apply what we learn to create new and innovative products and services. In addition, Masonite operates one of the world’s largest, private research & development facilities in the industry. Its responsibility is to capture new technologies and materials for use in future products.
Design/Style. We have the most extensive portfolio of designs and styles available anywhere.
Masonite is the undisputed leader in interior doors, with patented panel and door designs and unique styles that are only available from Masonite. We offer absolute, unbeatable value in entry doors. Masonite has the broadest range of panel designs, glass options and available material choices – all at an affordable price.
Life at Masonite
A Rich Legacy
With over 80 years of innovation, technical expertise, and commitment to environmental responsibility, Masonite is known for creating beautiful, high-quality doors and building products for customers worldwide.
A Committed Team
A Bright Future
Teamwork & Respect
Leadership & Accountability
VisionTo be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, suppliers and communities.
MissionTo deliver product, service and design innovations that enhance beauty and functionality, creating greater value to our customers throughout the world.
The History of Masonite
Today, Masonite embraces the spirit of our founder, William H. Mason. His ideas and inventions were the building blocks of numerous revolutionary building materials.
In 1924, William H. Mason, a researcher, engineer and inventor, made a revolutionary discovery. He changed the way wood was used to form more effective building materials. This paved the way for a succession of new building products for the home.
Over eighty years later, we still embrace that innovative spirit. We are constantly looking for new processes, technologies, materials and designs – always with an eye on producing doors that are stylish, functional and durable. Doors that are guaranteed to make your home more beautiful.
Our continued leadership, our innovative spirit and our superior products have earned us a reputation unsurpassed in the industry. Of that, we are extremely proud.
History in a Timeline
- Today: Masonite continues its relentless focus on delivering product, service and design innovations that enhance beauty and functionality, creating greater value to our customers throughout the world.
- 2011: Masonite acquires Marshfield DoorSystems, Inc., a leading provider of doors and door components for commercial and architectural use.
- 2011: Masonite successfully completes a $275 million bond offering, and enters into an asset-based loan with committed capital of $125 million which allows Masonite to continue to expand and to right-size its capital structure.
- 2010: Masonite buys assets of two premier interior flush door manufacturers in the United States, and enters the door market in India by acquiring select assets of three leading door manufacturers. Masonite also establishes its European office in Vienna, Austria.
- 2009: Masonite and its lenders voluntarily restructure the company, and Masonite emerges from a pre-negotiated bankruptcy as a private entity with a large ownership base and virtually no debt.
- 2006/2009: The door industry experiences the greatest decline since the Great Depression.
- 2005: Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) acquires the shares of Masonite International Corporation. KKR de-lists Masonite from the NYSE and Toronto exchanges, and Masonite becomes a privately held company.
- 2004: Masonite acquires The Stanley Works residential entry door division, and buys interests in entities located in Malaysia, Republic of Czech, Poland, and Luxembourg.
- 2002: Masonite sells Craftmaster Manufacturing Inc. (as required under a 2001 U.S. government voluntary consent decree related to Premdor’s purchase of Masonite).
- 2001: New "Masonite" formed when Premdor purchases Masonite from International Paper to create a vertically integrated company.
- 1990s: Premdor expands its global footprints by acquiring or building door manufacturing facilities in US, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, UK, France and Israel.
- 1989: Premdor and Century Doors (two of the major door manufacturers in Canada) merge, creating one of the largest door manufacturers in North America.
- 1972: Masonite enters the door business as a supplier of interior facings and other components to the door industry.
- 1960: The Masonite Innovation Center (formerly known as the John M. Coates Technical Center) was built by Masonite in recognition of the importance of research and development. Its sole purpose was, and continues to be, the development of new products and process innovations.
- 1955: Premdor Corporation (Masonite’s current parent company) enters into the door business.
- 1930s/1940s: Masonite grows and expands globally into almost every corner of the world.
- 1928: The Company’s name was changed to Masonite Corporation.
- 1925: On September 1, 1925, the corporation was formed and named Mason Fibre Company.
- 1924: Well-known researcher and engineer William H. Mason changed the building materials industry forever by inventing a way to convert wood chips into an economical and highly effective building material, high-density fiberboard.
Masonite International Photos
- Featured Review
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Masonite International (Less than a year)
The culture at Masonite is wonderful. Everyone is approachable. It is easy to get along with all of my team members. My boss is wonderful. I have learned so much in the short time I have been here and I can tell that the company values my efforts.
Only con is that when there is a recession, jobs are not as stable.
Advice to Management
My only advice to management is to provide training for those who have been promoted to management positions so that they can learn to manage their team well.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International in July 2015.
HR associate contacted me by email to arrange a phone screening. The phone screening was informal, it lasted about 20 minutes. They extended an interview with hiring manager but the daily commute would have been too far for me and I was not willing to relocate for the position. This the reason the phone screening is in place.
- Give an example of a project you were involved in. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Masonite International Corporation is a leading global designer and manufacturer of interior and exterior doors for the residential new construction; the residential repair, renovation and remodeling; and the non-residential building construction markets. Since 1925, Masonite has provided its customers with innovative products and superior service at compelling values ...
Mission: For more information about the company, please visit www.masonite.com or visit our blog at http://blog.masonite.com.