- Mattersight update18 hours ago
- Mattersight update14 days ago
Who is Mattersight?
Mattersight is dedicated to the application of innovative technologies combined with advanced, language-based human behavioral modeling to drive business improvement for our customers. Our vision requires a strong team of dedicated, intelligent, innovative, and highly-skilled individuals working together toward a common goal.
We believe in the recognition, development, and advancement of individuals who exhibit:
Continually striving to find more insights without letting opinion influence the results.
The ability to quickly make educated decisions and take action. Good analysis of complex data beats perfect analysis too late.
An innovative and bold approach, anticipating our customers’ needs and meeting them with solutions that set new standards in analytics.
Always striving to be fair and transparent in all dealings and interactions.
We have offices conveniently located in Chicago, Austin, and the Minneapolis metropolitan area. Our offices are designed with a focus around communication and collaboration between team members. Video game consoles, TVs, and ping pong tables offer an alternative way to bond with coworkers or simply take a well-deserved break.
Mattersight is committed to hiring bright, talented, and passionate people. Part of that commitment includes developing our team for career advancement through mentorship, training opportunities, and programs like U-Matter. U-Matter provides our team with a deeper understanding of our solution and how human behavioral modeling can be used to further develop personal and professional skills. Mattersight also provides opportunity for personal development through programs like Toastmasters International.
Mattersight believes in dedication, innovation, and collaboration to help our customers reach their goals. We build a culture that supports this by hiring and developing individuals who share these values, and providing them with the mentoring, training, and career development programs they need to succeed and excel.
Mattersight prides itself on cultivating a culture that team members enjoy being a part of. From new hire welcome parties to quarterly events to holiday celebrations, we know how to balance work with fun. Here are some of the ways our team celebrates our achievements and each other:
- St. Patrick’s Day party with green libations
- Ice cream socials to beat the heat
- Halloween party and costume contests
- Hot chocolate or baked potato buffets to warm us up in the winter
- Annual golf outing
Mattersight also believes that a well-fed team is a happy team, so we keep our office kitchens stocked with drinks and snacks, and regularly enjoy catered lunches from some of the best restaurants in town.
Mattersight believes strongly in the importance of giving back to the communities we are a part of. We offer employees two paid volunteer days a year to to donate to their own charitable work or with a work team. Volunteer opportunities range from preparing lunches for Feed Our Starving Children in Edina to volunteering at animal shelters in Chicago and more.
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Mattersight full-time (Less than a year)
- Extremely cool technology... determining personality, identifying empathy, examining distress and more, all based on text analytics. It's what IBM Watson strives to be but is actually in action at large companies - Newest solution, predictive behavioral routing, is offered as a complimentary pilot and produces positive results every time so sells itself - Company is making a big push into outbound marketing, sales and partnering so will only continue to grow - Even though it's been around for a while, the market has finally caught up so no longer a completely evangelical sales so I feel like I'm on the ground floor of something big - Extremely intelligent co-workers. An IQ test (via Wonderlic) is part of interview process so only top people work here - Great downtown location and new office is spectacular, it's as good as any tech company offers in Chicago
- Not enough people are aware of this company but new CMO is doing great job of changing this
Advice to Management
Be bigger part of Chicago tech community... they will love this stuff
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mattersight (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.
The interview process began with a phone screen with the main recruiter and then a follow-up conversation over the phone with my future direct supervisor. Making it to the next round, I was asked to fill out a personality profile prior to my in-person interview, where I took the Wonderlic test and had a series of in-person interviews with the various department heads, including the Chief People Officer. I final phone conversation with an EVP and then received the good news about a week later. Everyone was extremely friendly throughout, honest and upfront about the process, and willing to answer any questions I had.
- What would you do in a situation where a high profile client is experiencing distress over an issue that you are unsure if you can address immediately? Answer Question
Using a suite of innovative personality-based software applications, Mattersight can analyze and predict customer behavior based on the language exchanged during service and sales interactions. This insight can then facilitate real-time connections between customers and the agents best capable of handling their needs. Mattersight's patented stack of SaaS applications has ...
Mission: Mattersight's mission is to help brands have more effective and effortless conversations with their customers and employees.