Our Clinicians are Behavioral Health Care Experts
MedOptions multidisciplinary teams are comprised of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, and licensed clinical social workers, all experienced in the provision of high quality mental health services in elderly populations. Working together with the staff at our partnering skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, they provide medication managementof psychotropic drugs, memory care evaluations and thorough neurocognitive testing, therapy and other behavioral interventions, as well as providing educational in-service programs to help the staff build the skills, confidence, and effectiveness in elderly mental health care.
MedOptions provides a rewarding and enriching professional experience through the care we provide, relationships with with patients and facility staff, training opportunities, and our team approach. Geriatric behavioral health care is one of the fastest growing fields in medicine, and so we are always looking for seasoned clinicians who are experienced with Dementia careand alzheimer’s disease, memory care services, elderly mental health services, and long term behavioral health care in geriatric populations.
From our Interview & On-Boarding process through Orientation and employment, we offerProfessional Support along the way to assist in your professional development. Search our careers listings now to join our team!
Interview and On-Boarding
Clinical Interview Process
- Phone interview with Recruiter who will discuss candidate’s background, experience, position details, and answer any questions
- Candidate will complete an online behavioral assessment prior to a face-to-face interview
- Interview with Regional Manager
- Shadow a clinician in the field for a couple of hours to ensure the position is a good fit for the candidate and MedOptions
- MedOptions will contact references and conduct background checks. The Recruiter will inform the candidate when to complete the application for references and background checks to be completed.
- An offer is extended after the interview process is complete, all required references are received, and MedOptions determines the candidate is a good fit. The offer acceptance is contingent upon the candidate being credentialed by the MedOptions Credentials Committee.
Once a candidate accepts an offer, he/she must be credentialed with MedOptions, enrolled with insurance payors, and credentialed at nursing homes. This varies by state and type of clinician.
What can a new clinician expect during the onboarding process?
- Receive a Credentialing and Human Resources package to review and complete
- Package includes insurance enrollment applications, nursing home specific applications (if applicable), additional required Credentialing and Human Resources paperwork
- Credentialing paperwork will be pre-populated and requires review
- All unanswered questions must be answered and documents signed
- All Credentialing and Human Resources paperwork must be completed
- Orientation schedule and other important documents are sent to the new clinician approximately one week prior to start date from the Recruiter. The information will provide details regarding arrival location on the first day and what to expect during orientation.
Is MedOptions Right For You?
Geriatric behavioral health is one of the fastest growing fields in medicine. Our goal, through our selection process, is to hire the best clinicians for this role. The characteristics and experience we look for include:
- Prior geriatric and/or psychiatric experience
- Passion to work with the elderly
- Ability to provide high quality care
- Ability to meet the needs of the residents and staff of the nursing homes assigned to
- Ability to develop relationships with residents and facility staff
- Effective communication with facilities, management, and office support staff
- Ability to use an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system for documentation
- Reliable and committed to work a regular weekday schedule
- Understand that healthcare is an ever-changing industry. MedOptions evolves and adapts with change to provide consistent quality and compliant care.
MedOptions loves to hire full-time clinicians!
Part-time opportunities are available with the option to increase hours in the future if desired.
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 8 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
Company is growing and financially very stable; forward thinking company willing to make changes; high standards for quality of care; company is patient/customer focused to meet their needs and provide best care; have clinical protocols; clinical training includes online CEU training plus field training; positive measurable outcomes for the patients and nursing home facilities
needs to continue to improve communication channels with the clinicians in the field
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at MedOptions (Washington, DC) in May 2015.
This was the initial telephone interview. I stopped the interview in the middle when I heard what their salary policy was. So there is no more to say to meet the 50 word minimum for this section.
- Salary 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –