Delivering Connected Care Everywhere
An increased focus on care quality and cost effectiveness as part of shifting reimbursement is moving the existing U.S. healthcare delivery model from episodic care to population health management. Are you ready? Let Medecision help. We’re dedicated to tackling the big problems in the healthcare industry, like disconnected systems, disjointed data, less-than-optimal care delivery, and health outcomes that none of us want to experience. Our innovative approaches and technology-driven solutions liberate fragmented healthcare systems and Connect Care Everywhere. With Medecision, consumers, physicians, health plans, and the entire care community have access to the right information at the right time to profitably and effectively manage population health, generate efficiencies, and improve the quality of care at every touch point.
What We Do
- We create, define, develop, deploy and evaluate software products within an overall platform that helps health plans, care providers and others manage health better, more efficiently and with better outcomes. Some of our applications are enterprise SaaS apps, some are direct-to-consumer (for smartphones and tablets), some drive key platform capabilities like data aggregation, individual identification, prediction modeling and more.
- We consult with clients as well, to help them target our solutions and optimize them during and after deployment.
- We do the other important business things…like sales, marketing, finance, people, culture, IT…you get the picture.
Why is Medecision a good place to work?
It’s a fast-paced and progressive place, where people who are energetic, passionate, committed and entrepreneurial work hard, progress quickly and get to help people during vulnerable times in their lives.
- We invest in technology, innovation, people leadership, physical support systems (check out our new office photos) and more.
- We have strong and deep roots in care management technology and we have a promising future in helping our clients connect care across the healthcare continuum to achieve the Triple Aim. (Triple Aim = better health outcomes, lower cost, higher quality)
- It’s a great place to be in the mid-2010s…investment dollars are pouring in, interest and motivation to take care of people better is soaring and technology is transforming the way every one of us takes care of ourselves, our families, our loved ones.
Our company is propelled by passionate, skilled professionals. Together, we form a vibrant culture that makes Medecision a great place to work every day. We’re always looking to strengthen our company with talented individuals who are:
- Experienced innovators with the desire to always learn more
- Passionate for personal growth and the success of others
- Committed to improving every dimension of the consumer experience
- Solution seekers
- Believers in the power of healthcare transformation
And most importantly, at the heart of what we do, it’s about improving the health—and lives—of people.
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare – 2009, 2010
- Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania by Central Penn Business Journal – 2009, 2010, 2011
Medecision gives back to our employees who give so much effort to our company. We offer a range of opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment. Our comprehensive benefits package includes insurance coverage for life, health and disability; financial savings and investments; tuition reimbursement; membership discounts; paid vacation, personal and holiday time; and an employee referral plan.
Passionate people, on a mission.
As an industry pioneer, we have been passionate about care management since day one. With a new era unfolding before us, we are more passionate than ever about applying everything we’ve learned to be the partner that helps transform our customers’ businesses.
Who’s behind the great strides we are making to help you embrace the future?
Technologists, creating innovative solutions that solve real-world business problems.
Clinicians, who are registered nurses and former care managers, instrumental in building our solutions and are embedded in client accounts when needed.
Strategic thinkers who continually assess trends and opportunities, structure client engagement in our solutions development, and bring our brand to life.
Account teams of responsive, yet proactive business leaders.
Administrators and analysts who build the foundation for great customer engagement and ensure we practice it every day.
All of us are led by business transformers who bring their unique experience and drive to Medecision and our industry.
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at Medecision full-time (less than an year)Pros
Thanks to its long history, what most companies talk about and have as part of their vision is already in place and available in terms of expertise, customers, solution maturity, scale of operations, and breadth and depth of solution.
Management focused on setting the company up for success in the future, with a plan to address key issues and challenges facing the company.
Move to new office locations with brand new, innovative ways to work.Cons
It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. If Charles Dickens were to write a tale about the healthcare industry instead of the two cities, he may well have started with that same sentence.
The industry is going through what an industry analyst called the mother of all speed bumps. There will be winners and losers. This creates conditions where the cheese is moving around a lot, and creates uncertainty among employees. Medecision has its share.
There is lots going on, and a lot less time to do it in (again true for most of the industry, and Medecision has its share). Prioritization is a constant battle, and also the key.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue the investments and build on the momentum. Continue the focus on World Class Employee Experience.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Medecision.Interview Details
Very fluid, open and candid. This is a company of seasoned professionals, be well prepared. I had to iterview with the hiring manager first, then the whole team, and then two of the leadership teams.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsVery fluid and honestAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Business Cases Answer Question
Medecision is the leading provider of healthcare management and coordination solutions serving national, regional and local health plans, insurers and provider-based care organizations, more than 74,000 physicians and 44 million consumers. Working within the framework that patients, care providers and health plans are all driving towards better health outcomes, Medecision and...
Mission: At Medecision, we’re committed to improving the delivery of care—whether in the hands of a nurse care manager, a physician, a consumer, a family member or caretaker...