Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Last year, more than 9 million people benefited from our medical therapies, which treat cardiac and vascular diseases, diabetes, and neurological and musculoskeletal conditions.
With a global reach that extends to more than 140 countries, we have a deep understanding of many universal healthcare challenges. We’re using our experience, extensive partnerships, and the passion of 46,000+ employees to help transform healthcare worldwide by improving outcomes, expanding access, and enhancing value.
|World Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Business Units||Cardiac & Vascular Group |
|Stock Exchange||New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under symbol MDT|
|FY2013 Financials|| |
Written in 1960, our mission dictates that our first and foremost priority is to contribute to human welfare. Over a half-century later, the Mission continues to serve as an ethical framework and an inspirational goal for our employees around the world. It guides our day-to-day work and reminds us that our efforts are transforming the lives of millions of people each year.
The Medtronic Mission
To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
- To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
- To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
- To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
- To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
- To maintain good citizenship as a company.
Imagine playing a role in changing what it means to live with chronic disease. At Medtronic, you can. We're creating technologies that treat chronic disease in new ways so people can live better, longer. We didn't become a global leader by sitting on the sidelines. We're actively involved in shaping the industry and transforming technologies so physicians have what they need to help their patients move forward with life. Our vision requires bold leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing, and rewarding, we hope you’ll consider joining us as we push the boundaries of medical technology.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need technical assistance with the online application process, please call Medtronic at (800) 328-2518 (toll free within the US) or (763) 514-4000 (worldwide)
What do you want to do? Lead a team? Work on the next big medical breakthrough? Get physicians to adopt a new technology? Help patients get the life-changing therapies they need? At Medtronic, you’ll find those opportunities and more. You’ll also find leaders eager to help you pursue your dreams.
Wherever your passions lie, you can find rewarding work and new challenges here. The diversity of our therapies, businesses, customers, partners, and geographies allows you to continually grow and stretch your capabilities. At the same time, you’ll be playing a role in changing the way the world treats chronic disease.
Take Advantage of Numerous Support Tools
To help you reach your potential, we offer numerous tools and resources, such as:
- Customized development plans
- Self-assessment and feedback tools
- Mentoring and peer advisor programs
- Comprehensive on-site classes covering business, engineering, and science topics
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarships
- Online job listings so you can seek out new career opportunities within the company
Tap Your Leadership Potential
To dramatically move the field of medical technology, we need talented leaders at all levels of the organization. We partner with you to develop the skills and competencies needed – to meet our growing business requirements and to fulfill your career goals. We help develop those skills through:
- A full portfolio of leadership development programs for all levels.
- A corporate Leadership Development Rotation Program for new MBA employees, in which participants take on two 12- to 18-month assignments while gaining exposure to our core businesses, therapies, and leaders.
Medtronic is committed to providing accessibility to employment opportunities for people with disabilities. If you need technical assistance with the online application process, please call Medtronic at (800) 328-2518 (toll free within the US) or (763) 514-4000 (worldwide).
Medtronic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.
Employees are the heart and soul of Medtronic. We work hard to help employees find satisfaction and a sense of well being in their lives, which typically leads to greater performance. Our culture fosters the total well-being of each person – mind, body, and spirit.
Well-Rounded Benefits = Well-Rounded Employees
At Medtronic, benefits go beyond the standard financial and medical compensation. Our Total Rewards and Total Health programs offer numerous resources. You can get nutrition counseling, join your peers in marathon training, or volunteer and learn new skills.
While specific benefits vary worldwide by location and business, in general, they include:
- Competitive financial compensation, often with incentive pay
- Reward and recognition programs
- Training and development
- Healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Customized Total Health website and personalized health coaching
- Disability protection
- Retirement plans
- Stock ownership opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Adoption and elder care assistance
- Volunteer opportunities through the Medtronic Foundation
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Medtronic full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
Great benefits, fair comp plans, 401K, pension.Cons
Too many disconnected layers of management.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Increase training opportunities.RecommendsDisapproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.Interview Details
Odd step for doing a working test session as a mock senior leader in sales. It didn't bother me and I did well, but it was not tailored for the position -- sort of an example of odd policy decisions in hiring. Lots of meddling from very senior division leadership.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsSome negotiation on starting bonus, vacationAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
- Provide directional decisions for a sales group View Answer
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Last year, more than 9 million people benefited from our medical therapies, which treat cardiac and vascular diseases, diabetes, and neurological and musculoskeletal...
Mission: To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain...