Mercer is a global provider of human resources solutions and world leader in helping organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak performance.
If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer.
Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary – and extraordinary results require extraordinary people.
What does it mean to work for Mercer?
Working for Mercer means:
- Working with the world’s leading companies and organizations to help them meet their most critical business challenges – Mercer counts 9 out of 10 Fortune® 100 companies among its clients
- Working with the best and brightest people, colleagues who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients – and by ourselves
- Working for a global company that offers a vast array of learning and development opportunities
- Working for a global company that conducts business with the very highest standards of integrity
We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
- Build broader client relationships
- Deliver profitable growth
- Invest in the best people
- Outperform the competition
Passion to win and be the best at what we do, reflected in our people, thought leadership, solutions and clients
Respect for diversity: listening to and collaborating with others, being inclusive and bringing the best ideas forward
Integrity in everything we do: knowing what is right and acting responsibly with our clients, colleagues and communities
Innovation that anticipates our client needs and reshapes the marketplace
Dedication to serving our clients with unparalleled quality and proven success
Empowerment to act like business owners and be accountable for our decisions
For more information, please visit the profile of our parent company, Marsh & Mclennan.
Mercer offers a comprehensive total rewards package designed with your health and wealth in mind. Here are just some of the rewards and benefits offered:*
- Competitive salary and total compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement savings plans
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement plans
- Lifestyle benefits:- Health club discounts- Family resource programs- Transportation reimbursement programs- Telecommuting for eligible employees- Legal assistance- Continuing education programs- Eldercare
- Employee discounts and special offers exclusive to employees of Mercer and Marsh and McLennan Companies:- Entertainment- Investments and finance- Automobiles- Insurance- Wireless service- Much more
*Employment policies and benefits will vary according to country.
Whatever your chosen career path, Mercer is there to support you every step of the way.
Whether you’re a recent graduate just beginning your career, a senior consultant looking for new and exciting opportunities or a seasoned executive on the leadership track, our world-class learning and development programs provide you and your manager with the education, information and tools you need to progress in your career at Mercer.
Mercer’s stock-in-trade is the intellectual capital generated by our employees, so we place a premium on continuous learning and improvement.
Mercer’s learning curriculum includes hundreds of online and in-person seminars, courses, certification programs and training sessions across a variety of disciplines to help you expand your knowledge and develop new and valuable skills.
In addition to our own learning curriculum, Mercer provides post-graduate training in a number of areas.
In many cases, Mercer also provides tuition reimbursement and other support – such as study days – to colleagues who are completing qualifications/certifications. Approved qualifications/certifications vary by business/function and country.
The challenges faced by Mercer’s 25,000 clients don’t fit neatly into any one category, and neither do our 18,900 employees ... we like it that way.
Harnessing the diverse backgrounds, experiences and approaches of our people isn't just a business necessity - it's the right thing to do. At Mercer, we pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive culture, where different perspectives - professional and personal - are respected and welcomed.
At Mercer, diversity means:
Inclusion. We welcome, appreciate and respect all of our colleagues – of all backgrounds, races, genders, ages, religions, national origins, sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Opportunity. All employees at Mercer have an equal opportunity to contribute to the firm and progress in their careers.
- Success. We succeed when our clients succeed. To create comprehensive business solutions that showcase our broad capabilities, Mercer fosters an environment in which we achieve strategic advantages from seeking, cultivating and incorporating a wide variety of perspectives.
- Community. Diversity is about the engagement of people in Mercer’s global marketplace: our employees, clients and suppliers, as well as the people and governments in the countries and local communities that we operate.
Diversity is one of our core values, and our diversity efforts center around our commitment to our employees, to our clients and to the communities in which we work.
Commitment to our employees
Mercer draws on employees’ different personal characteristics and life experiences to create an environment in which employees can thrive and contribute fully to our shared success.
Commitment to our clients
Our clients expect innovative solutions to their most complex business challenges, and it is through our collective diversity that we are able to offer an unmatched array of products, solutions and advice. Mercer places a premium on diversity of approach, ideas and viewpoints. The diverse background of our 19,000 employees in 41 countries provides our clients with the answers they seek.
Commitment to our communities
Mercer and our parent company, MMC, partner with a variety of external organizations in support of our diversity objectives.
I worked at Mercer full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
Great dental, medical, 401K match and pension. Great people.Cons
So small it's not noteworthy
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in July 2014.Interview Details
I interviewed through a staffing agency.
I interviewed with one person and it was fairly comfortable and simple. They asked many questions about customer service and were very focused on if you could multi-task. I received an offer within 2 days, but it's the process after being hired that takes for ever. The background check is extremely thorough, so do not lie on your application. They go through Hireright. They actually wanted a copy of my high school diploma!Negotiation DetailsNo negotiation, my staffing agency gave me an amount and I accepted.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Mercer offers a wide range of human resources-related consulting, investment management, and outsourcing services for companies around the world. As a consultant, the firm helps its clients design and manage retirement plans and health insurance programs of various types. Mercer's investment management business focuses on retirement plan assets. In addition, the firm offers consulting services designed to help clients get the most from their employers. As an outsourcer, Mercer administers benefits programs for its customers. Insurance giant Marsh & McLennan wholly owns the...