Micro Focus Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Micro Focus full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
- Good work/life balance
- Good benefits
- Good work environment
- Solid pay
- leadership sometimes lacking
- executives often disconnected from employees
Advice to Management
- don't forget to reward your top producers
- get us excited about working here every now and again
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Micro Focus.
You must go through several steps to get hired at Micro Focus. A smart person might ask how many candidates there are, and whether some are internal to the company. Based on the answer, consider how much effort you would like to apply. A recruiter from the company will screen you, then you will need to pass a behavior exam and an intelligence test of sorts. Neither is too long and frankly as for the intelligence thing, it really doesn't apply to the job requirements -- at least not to the skills required for the job I applied to. Then you will be screened by someone from HR or the recruiter, then have a phone or in person visit with a hiring manager and then usually a second interview after that again with a hiring manager and maybe even with a panel where you must present a case and answer questions and explain why you want to work at the firm. Microfocus is a good company but I think they could use some help in some areas of their business including interviewing. And some fresh eyes within parts of their business would not be all bad either. Not sure where they are headed because the hiring manager would not/did not discuss it at the interview, and the panel group avoided it altogether. Some of the people in the panel interview were arrogant and it was obvious from body language -- detaches is the best way to put it. Others are very approachable.
- none were difficult; very textbook like, nothing original. Why us? Why you? What do you have that someone else doesn't have pretty much sums it up. Some interviewers were unprepared and seemed to be going through motions without any interest in answers given. Not sure why. Guess they just weren't that into me. But when you go the distance you expect them to as well. It's the professional thing to do. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Time to update that application? Call Micro Focus. The company helps clients migrating old software (ones written in COBOL and other legacy computer languages) to more modern software platforms, without the need to replace or rewrite code for core applications. The company provides the software used to analyze, develop, integrate, test, and deploy modernized mainframe applications on flexible operating systems such as cloud computing. Micro Focus has helped more than 18,000 companies, including Comcast, Valero Energy, and Tesco, transition from proprietary platforms. Its...