Conceived in 1999, Mindspark has evolved from a simple toolbar company to grow successful businesses in the Browser Applications, Desktop Utilities and Mobile market segments. Our three global divisions innovate and produce a diverse and expanding portfolio of products and experiences from customized homepages to award winning utilities and apps. Learn more about our divisions.
WORK WITH US
Our passion for innovation and creativity comes from the smart, amazingly intelligent people we hire. We typically look for professionals in the following areas: product management, software development, design and user experience, IT Operations, marketing and analytics, and corporate infrastructure.
In addition to the standard benefits like Medical and 401(K), we also offer:
- The passion and excitement of a startup with the backing of an industry leader in IAC.
- Stability of a collaborative leadership team coupled with an influx of new visionary talent in key decision making positions.
- Casual work environment—yes, we mean jeans and shorts; and flip-flops are fine too!
- Time to recharge your batteries with an incredible PTO and holiday schedule including summer Fridays and paid winter holiday shutdown.
- Free morning breakfast (bagels, donuts, fruit, and cereal) and all the soda and coffee you can drink!
- Fun Mindspark traditions from go kart racing, happy hours, bowling, kickball, softball, nerf wars, catered Thanksgiving with all the fixins… You name it, we have fun doing it.
- Tuition reimbursement for your professional growth and development.
- Our ever-changing product offering provides our employees with unbelievable internal mobility. As your skills grow and interests change, so do the possibilities for new opportunities with us.
- Teams are small and nimble, allowing for insanely fast development cycles.
- New ideas are encouraged, supported and quickly executed, giving you the ability to make a real and immediate impact.
- Various employee feedback programs and team huddles keep you involved, regularly updated and give you a voice.
Mindspark Interactive Network Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Mindspark Interactive Network (More than a year)
Great benefits and perks. Summer Fridays, Paid week-off for entire company from Christmas ever until after New years. Upper management cares about the development of developers.
If you get stuck working on the wrong product, you'll be bored. A lot of legacy code to maintain and most of your time is spent maintaining than creating.
Advice to Management
Cross team pollination is a good team. The products are different but not that different that people can't pick it up very quickly.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (Yonkers, NY) in March 2015.
The process seemed quick and informative -- at first. I had a phone screen on March 11 with a recruiter and then with the person who would my boss on March 12. I was then given a writing test, in which I wrote a basic social media strategy for some of Mindspark's more popular sites and apps, and also wrote sample social media posts. I went to Yonkers (the job was based in NYC) for an in-person interview on March 18. I met with the two people I had spoken to on the phone plus two other people from relevant departments. This was to be a new position and the opportunity seemed very exciting. I was told I would be notified of next steps "within the next few days." That was the last contact I ever had with Mindspark. I wrote brief, polite follow-ups every few weeks and received only silence. Finally, I saw that the position had been re-listed, which confirmed that I didn't get the job. I wrote to the recruiter -- who had spoken to be on the phone and in person -- for feedback on my interview. No response. I find it very frustrating, discourteous, and frankly hurtful that none of the four people I met with took the time to ever contact me again after my interviews. I also wonder if Mindspark is using the social media strategy and content I created for them for free. The entire experience, which started out great, turned absolutely terrible. I would seriously consider this candidate experience before ever accepting any job at any of Mindspark's brands, and would warn others of the lack of care and courtesy shown by multiple people at multiple levels in multiple departments.
- I was asked to submit a social media strategy and sample posts for several of Mindspark's brands. I have no idea what happened to that information after my six interviews, as no one at the company ever contacted me again, despite being told I would hear information -- good or bad -- "in the next few days." 1 Answer
Mindspark is one of the worlds largest software application companies with five offices worldwide and over two hundred employees. We are committed to the concept of team with a transparent environment and the ability for each employee to make an impact. We believe passion, creativity, integrity, and community are the core ingredients to our success and develop programs within ...
Mission: Mindspark is committed to developing products that both delight and enhance users online experience.