Innovative Medical Device
We Value and demonstrate R.E.S.P.E.C.T. in everything we do.
Responsibility – We build trust through integrity, accountability and responsiveness to our customers, suppliers, employees and communities.
Empowerment – We encourage our employees to take initiative to continuously improve the quality of our systems, products and customer experiences.
Security – We provide for the security of our employees and organization as well as the safety of our products and environment.
Passion – We choose to perform our roles with enthusiasm, pride and professionalism.
Excellence – We are unwilling to compromise our ideals.
Commitment – We are dedicated to focusing on what is important and leading by example.
Teamwork – We succeed by listening and cooperating with each other. We celebrate the contribution of each member of our team.
- The Company, founded in 1978 by the Moore family as a medical soft goods company in Hayward, California, was known as Orthopedics Systems, Inc. (OSI). Among OSI’s early products were orthopedic soft goods including splints and braces.
- The first OSI operating room product, the Andrews Spinal Surgery Frame, was developed in collaboration with Dr. E. Trent Andrews and introduced in 1980.During the 1980’s, the company developed and produced many products relevant to orthopedic fracture surgery, spinal surgery and sports medicine, including knee arthroscopy, ACL repair and shoulder arthroscopy.
- In 1992, the Spinal Surgery Table was introduced by OSI. The table featured the first use of carbon fiber composite materials in the structural members of an operating table. This construction allowed nurses to easily manipulate the table and provided a radiolucent surgical platform where x-rays could pass through the table to provide a clear image of the patient. In 2008, Mizuho OSI introduced a more sophisticated version of this product, the Axis Table System which achieved immediate success.
- During 2001, collaboration began with Dr. Joel Matta of Santa Monica, CA for development of a surgical table for use in trauma procedures, leading to the production of the PROfx® Trauma Table in 2003. The table also enabled orthopedic surgeons to perform the Anterior Approach Procedure for hip joint replacement. The anterior approach for total hip arthroplasty is a revolutionary method of hip replacement leading to fast recovery and improved stability.
- In 2002, OSI was acquired by Mizuho Ikakogyo Co., Ltd., in Tokyo, Japan.
- Today, Mizuho OSI offers a wide variety of highly specialized surgical tables for spinal, hip replacement, knee replacement and orthopedic trauma surgery, as well as tables for comprehensive imaging required in today’s minimally invasive procedures.
- Mizuho OSI is also the nation’s second largest supplier of over-bed traction equipment and offers an extensive line of patient care and pressure management products to hospitals and clinics around the world.
- Mizuho OSI products are sold in the U.S. through direct sales representatives and worldwide through authorized international distributors.
Whether you're taking the first or the next step in your career, Mizuho OSI can offer you the career potential you're seeking. Do you want to be part of an organization that is dedicated not only to our employees' well being and growth, but is also dedicated to the healthcare professionals who use our medical device products to improve patient outcomes and quality of life?
For over 30 years, we have been a leading designer and manufacturer of high quality,innovative medical products in the specialty surgical table, pressure management and consumable medical products markets.
We are one of the few companies in the San Francisco Bay Area that designs and manufactures its products all under one roof. Backed by our parent company Mizuho Ikakogyo Co., Ltd., we operate a vertically integrated, discrete manufacturing facility that covers the gamut from cutting, sewing, molding, machining and welding, to fabrication, assembly and testing using the latest in equipment and technology.
For you, this means the chance to build a stand-out career and witness firsthand the impact your role has at all levels of our operations. Mizuho OSI is an organization that values your contributions. We want you to be successful, and we work hard to give all our employees exceptional support to ensure that you're making a difference in your future, and your world, every day.
At Mizuho OSI, professionals with the desire to excel can make their mark in the medical device industry while improving the quality of life for those who use our products. This is a place where you won’t get lost in the shuffle. Here, people work together in an environment that values accountability and positive personalities, and new employees are always introduced to everyone during our company-wide meetings. We’re also a company with a very personal attitude towards diversity and have excelled by bringing together people from varied backgrounds to create the best products available. At Mizuho OSI, we believe our culture is enriched by the diversity of our workforce.
We recognize that your success relies not only on your contributions, but also on the people you work with. Our company values reflect this belief. They're the heart of our culture and the driving force in every employee's future.
This set of values provides a framework to every career in our organization and will help guide your career to new heights. At Mizuho OSI, everyone works together to help us grow and enriches our culture by doing so.
Mizuho OSI Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Mizuho OSI as a contractor (less than a year)Pros
Some of the best reasons to work here are the environment and friendly people.Cons
Sometimes when you have completed your work there is nothing more to do.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Mizuho OSI in January 2010.Interview Details
Interviewed with the Recruiter who seemed very nice but really had no clue how to interview marketing personnel. Initially, did a phone interview with the Director of Marketing. After the phone interview, I interviewed in person with the Director of Marketing, the Product Marketing Managers and the Marketing Analyst. Everyone was in strict business attire, like it was IBM circa 1980. Strange for what is a small company tucked into the warehouses in Union City. I was asked basic questions. No one seemed to know much about marketing. The Director of Marketing kept forgetting what question he was asking. I would answer a question and he would just say "What else?' Very strange. Everyone seemed worn out and angry. No one mustered any enthusiasm about the company while I interviewed. It was as if they begrudged having to spend anytime with potential candidates.Interview QuestionsNegotiation DetailsThe offer was pretty basic. The did a background check, got my previous wages from my last employer and offered me that, not a penny more.Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Mizuho OSI is a U.S. based company founded over 30 years ago and the leader in the specialty surgical table and patient positioning markets. We are part of an international company, Mizuho Ikakogyo Co., Ltd. of Japan, who has more than 90 years of proven innovation in the medical device area, making us a truly global organization.
We share a responsibility and commitment...
Mission: To understand the needs and exceed the expectations of our global healthcare customers. We provide innovative solutions, enhancing patient outcomes, through investment...