- NYU Langone Medical Center update15 hours ago
NYU Langone Medical Center has opportunities for Respiratory Therapists at all levels of experience, including new grads. If you have a bachelor's degree and a true passion for patient-centered care, apply online now to join us! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIK8l
- NYU Langone Medical Center update4 days ago
Can you imagine raising $1 billion in just 5 years? We can ... and we did! The exciting transformation you see at NYU Langone Medical Center is due to the generosity of our supporters and the hard work of our Development team. Learn what makes this department such a success! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIKWK
Why Choose NYU Langone Medical Center
About NYU Langone Medical Center:
NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
NYU Langone Medical Center is #15 in the nation on U.S. News & World Report's 2014 – 2015 "Best Hospitals Honor Roll," with 13 nationally ranked specialties, including top-ten rankings in Orthopaedics, Rheumatology, Rehabilitation, Neurology & Neurosurgery, and Geriatrics. Additionally, NYU Langone Medical Center once again ranked #2 in New York State and #2 in the New York metro area for being a high performing hospital.
Culture and Diversity
NYU Langone Medical Center is committed to making world-class contributions that place service to human health at the center of an academic culture devoted to excellence in research, patient care, and education.
There is a palpable energy here as our talented and dedicated clinicians, researchers, and staff strive to improve the lives of countless people locally and globally, while training the next generation of physicians. We work within a culture of humanism that emphasizes treating the whole person and not simply the disease. We believe in inpatient care that is:
| || |
Transforming Medical Education
We continue to redesign medical education by advancing a new Curriculum for the 21st Century that is patient-centered and disease-focused, based on "spiraling" topics to enhance the intellectual link between the classroom and patient care.
Supporting Breakthrough Research
NYU Langone Medical Center brings together outstanding basic scientists and clinical researchers to foster highly collaborative, multidisciplinary investigation, inspiring new ideas and discoveries and translating scientific advances more swiftly into new ways of diagnosing and treating patients and preventing disease.
Creating an Inclusive Culture
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental values for NYU Langone Medical Center, inherent in our mission and vision. We interpret diversity as creating a community of cultural competence and opportunity; embracing a shared commitment to breaking down barriers and fostering excellence by tapping the knowledge, skills, and creativity of all people.
Our commitment to diversity is exemplified by our employee population which collectively speaks over 100 languages and represents all areas of the U.S. and the international community. Together, we deliver compassionate, culturally sensitive care that exhibits an awareness of population-based health issues and health disparities, both locally and globally.
NYU Langone Medical Center offers a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits and perks that invite comparison with the best employers in the New York area and with academic institutions nationwide. Our benefits program recognizes that as life changes, so do the needs of our employees. That's why employees of NYU Langone Medical Center are able to choose the plans that best fit their stage of life, family situation and more.
Non-Union Employee Benefits
Must work at least 17.5 hours/week
| || |
Temp/Casual Employee Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Voluntary 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Workers Compensation
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Commuter Benefit Program
Some of the unions that represent employees at NYU Langone Medical Center include Local 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East, Local 1 Security Officers Union, Local 810 International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Doctors Council SEIU, Local 32BJ SEIU, and The Brotherhood of Security Personnel, Officers and Guards International Union (2313 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10003; Phone: (212) 281-2000).
Employees in positions which are represented by a union should consult with their specific union collective bargaining agreement regarding benefits eligibility
Our vision is to establish NYU Langone Medical Center as the premier learning organization, committed to continuous professional development, collaboration and service excellence. We strive to develop individuals, leaders and teams that can achieve the excellent, sustainable results necessary for our institution to be a world-class, patient-centered integrated academic medical center. We have a whole team of experts committed to developing, facilitating, and delivering customized training and development programs to meet the unique needs of our faculty and staff. We believe our commitment to helping our faculty and staff reach their full potential is one of our defining strengths.
NYU Langone Medical Center offers many services, programs, and resources to ensure continued learning and development from day one, such as:
- New Beginnings for Employees and Managers orientation programs, which provide employees and managers with the information and resources they need to transition into their new role, become familiarized with our large and complex academic medical center, and form some early connections to help them assimilate into the organization.
- A full suite of high-quality, in-person professional development classes and programs to develop critical skills at all stages of an employee’s development.
- A variety of courses designed to help our professionals develop and maintain the skills they need to deliver outstanding customer service in all roles in a consistent way.
- A Leadership Academy that offers current and aspiring leaders the tools and support necessary to lead teams and achieve goals successfully.
- A wide variety of sophisticated, multi-media online courses and resources designed to provide in-depth or just-in-time training on critical skills and leadership topics, delivered through our best-in-class Learning Management System.
- Career development resources, including roadmaps for developing critical competencies and our Steps for Success program designed to help employees advance their career at NYU Langone Medical Center.
Whether you wish to pursue a position in direct patient care or in another area such as management, information technology, research or other discipline, NYU Langone Medical Center can offer several different internship opportunities to support your career goals.
NYU Langone Medical Center has exciting for-credit*, as well as, paid internship opportunities available for students who wish to gain experience in their field of study. Our current intern partnerships include:
- Columbia Mailman School of Public Health*
- NYU Wagner Experience Fund
- St John's University*
- Cornell's Develop Your Own Internships Program
In order to participate in our Interns for Credit Program, students must:
- Be eligible to earn college credit.
- Have an Internship partnership program that has been established and approved by both their school and NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Minimum number of hours will vary based on NYU Langone department and school program requirements.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess PC proficiency, and other skills dependent upon department.
In addition to the school-affiliated programs listed above, we are pleased to offer a wide range of paid Internship opportunities throughout the various departments of NYU Langone Medical Center.
NYU Langone Medical Center Photos
I worked at NYU Langone Medical Center
Great project and a lots of opportunities to learn
The project team was great except the one or two who were selfish and didn't care about others
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY).
sent application through the HR web site. Received a phone call and did pre-screen interview over the phone. Was called in for an interview, discussed project, schedule, job responsibilities,
- Are you familiar with IRB submissions and regulations? Answer Question
NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital ...
Mission: To Serve. To Teach. To Discover.