National Park Service

  www.nps.gov
  www.nps.gov

National Park Service Photos

National Park Service Reviews

113 Reviews
3.5
113 Reviews
Rating Trends

Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis
Jonathan B. Jarvis
44 Ratings
  1.  

    Great Summer Job

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

    I worked at National Park Service

    Pros

    -Great opportunity to work with the public
    -Hours are convenient (3pm-11pm ish) for college students
    -Sense of camaraderie among the staff

    The job comes in bursts. There will be an hour or two of hectic work, then some really slow hours, then another hectic frenzy.

    During emergency situations the job can be pretty crazy. It's great training for the workplace, though.

    Cons

    -As a government job, the onboarding process takes forever
    -About 75% of the people are really great, but the other 25% or so have no work ethic and you pull their weight

    As it is a concert venue, some patrons can be very intoxicated. And guess who has to put up with them?

    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook

National Park Service Interviews

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

Interview Experience

Interview Experience

75%
25%
0%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview

57%
7%
3%

Interview Difficulty

2.6
Average

Interview Difficulty

Hard

Average

Easy
  1.  

    Park Ranger Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Interview Details

    Over the phone and mainly focused on people-related skills. They greatly use your references listed and are looking for dynamic individuals that have an interest in interpreting the importance of the parks.

    Interview Questions
    • Describe what it means to foster a relationship between people and parks?   Answer Question
    Accepted Offer

National Park Service Awards & Accolades

Something missing? Add an award
Best Employers for Latinos to Work For in the Midwest, Latinos For Hire, 2012

Additional Info

Unlock Profile
Website www.nps.gov
Headquarters Washington, DC
Size 5000+ Employees
Founded 1916
Type Government
Industry Government
Revenue Unknown / Non-Applicable per year
Competitors Unknown

The National Park Service (NPS) is in the business of protecting history and, in many cases, prehistory. Signed into being in 1916 by President Woodrow Wilson, the NPS acts as steward over 58 national parks and more than 330 national monuments and landmarks, national seashores, battlefields, scenic trails, and recreational and cultural sites encompassing more than 80 million acres of land across the US, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Saipan, and the Virgin Islands. Heritage education, research, and technology all fall under the NPS's responsibilities. The NPS also... More

Work at National Park Service? Share Your Experiences

National Park Service

 
Click to Rate
or