Northside is so much more than just a hospital.
It’s an extensive network of state-of-the-art facilities staffed with skilled, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and wellness of the communities they serve.
Specifically, the Northside Healthcare Delivery System includes:
- Three not-for-profit hospitals, located in Atlanta, Forsyth and Cherokee, with a total of 852 licensed beds
- Northside Hospital-affiliated outpatient centers and medical office buildings throughout North Metro Atlanta
- More than 2,500 physicians* on staff and more than 11,000 employees
- Northside has nearly 2,000,000 patient encounters annually
- All Northside hospitals are full-service, acute-care facilities that offer particular expertise in Maternity Services, Women’s Health, Cancer Care, Surgery and Radiology
Northside Hospital-Atlanta (in Sandy Springs) opened in 1970. The original facility had 250 beds but has since been expanded to 537 beds.
In 1997, Northside Hospital-Cherokee (in Canton) was created through an agreement between R.T. Jones Regional Hospital and Northside Hospital, Inc. Today, the hospital has 84 beds. In 2011, Northside announced plans to replace the hospital with a new facility near I-575 at the Ga. Hwy. 20 exit, near the Canton Marketplace development. The opening date is expected in 2016.
In 2002, Northside Hospital purchased the 41-bed Georgia Baptist Medical Center (in Cumming) and renamed it Northside Hospital-Forsyth. Since then, the facility has experience continuous growth, expanding to 231 beds.
Northside Hospital Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Northside Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)
Great healthcare system Competent physicians Good pay if you are looking for a full time position. The Anesthesia team is truly amazing
Needs much better benefits Some of the atmosphere with the scrub techs on the floor is quite hostile Manager plays favorites
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital.
The typical online application, HR recruiting will call and want to set up a pre-screening interview. Basically like a practice run and the actual interview, will give you more information on the process. If chosen, then they will schedule you an interview with the nursing managers. They start with a meet and greet, then nurse education sits and talks to you about why Northside. Listen carefully during this, I used information from this portion in my interview. Then you go to your panel style interview. After, you have a brief tour of the hospital. They'll contact you in 24-48 hours, I heard back in 24 hours.
- Why choose Northside? Answer Question
- Where do see yourself in 2-5 years? Answer Question
- What would you do in a this situation? Answer Question
- Tell us when you went above and beyond customer service expectations Answer Question
- Situational and behavioral questions Answer Question
- Have you ever been late? Answer Question
- Have you ever felt like quitting in school? Answer Question
No negotiations, they have a set amount they offer.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Northside Hospital is not just a hospital. It is a three hospital system with some 750 beds serving Atlanta and surrounding areas. With more than 1,800 physicians and 5,000 employees, Northside Hospital operates on multiple campuses with a host of outpatient health facilities, including physician office parks and specialized cancer centers. All of Northside's hospitals ...
Mission: Northside Hospital is committed to the health and wellness of our community. As such, we dedicate ourselves to being a center of excellence in providing high-quality health care. We pledge compassionate support, personal guidance and uncompromising standards to our patients in their journeys toward health of body and mind. To ensure innovative and unsurpassed care for our patients, we are dedicated to maintaining our position as regional leaders in select medical specialties.