NxStage is more than just a company; we are leading the renal revolution. By our own design, we’re at the leading edge of a movement to transform renal care. To make it simpler. To make it portable. To expand treatment options for clinicians by overcoming traditional barriers. To enhance patient freedom and fulfillment.
With significant breakthroughs already behind us - and others in the pipeline - NxStage is finding itself at the forefront of dramatically improved renal care, thanks to innovative yet simple therapeutic solutions that benefit patients, caregivers, and society.
Our approach – and success – is inspiring patients and providers.
We’re not working alone. Part of our success has come through working closely with customers, patients, industry partners, and government leaders and agencies to realize the vision of better, simpler, more accessible renal care.
Our ultimate purpose is to improve the lives of renal patients, and our approach is already resulting in changed lives and industry improvements. Together, we’re changing traditional perceptions of how renal care can be delivered.
NxStage innovations are expanding and improving treatment options – and giving patients and caregivers the ease and flexibility to perform treatment when they want,where they want, and how they want.
We found the future of renal care because we looked for it.
Thanks to forward-thinking care partners, patients, and NxStage inventors and engineers, a new era has arrived. This is great news for the estimated 2 million people around the world suffering from chronic kidney failure, or End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) including 571,414 in the U.S.1
It’s also good news for the hundreds of thousands of patients every year in the U.S. who suffer from acute kidney failure due to surgery, trauma, poisoning, or other emergent health situations.
Here at NxStage we're on a mission: a mission to transform renal care! To do that successfully we are continually seeking out the best-of-the-best to build on our team of dedicated professionals. If you share in our mission to transform renal care, are passionate about people, and committed to improving the lives of patients needing lifesaving chronic and critical care renal therapies, then we invite you to explore a career at NxStage.
At NxStage employees are our most important asset, therefore we have teamed up with the best insurance providers, financial institutions, and more to bring you a comprehensive benefits package that fits your lifestyle.
In addition to a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to make a difference, NxStage offers a competitive benefits package to help you take care of yourself and your family.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Plan
- Employer Contribution
- Prescription plan
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Weight Loss Program Reimbursement
- Health coverage will begin on your first day of employment
- Type I services (diagnostic and preventative) covered 100%
- Type II services (restorative, oral surgical, periodontics, etc.) covered 80%
- Dental coverage will begin on your first day of employment
- Optional insurance for employees and their family members who currently wear glasses or contacts.
- Vision coverage will begin on your first day of employment
Flexible Spending Account:
- Provides an annual, optional election to set aside a portion of your income in a special pre-tax account to cover certain qualified expenses, including insurance deductibles, medical/dental care expenses, and dependent care. There is a maximum of $2,500 for the flexible spending account and a maximum of $5,000 on the dependent care account.
Health Savings Account:
- A health savings account is a tax-advantaged medical savings account available to participants who are enrolled in a Consumer Driven Health Care Plan (BCBS PPO Saver). The funds are contributed pre-tax to the account. Your balance stays with you; it is not a "use it or lose it" plan. Each year you can contribute pre-tax up to $3,250 as an individual and $6,450 for a family. There is also a catch up provision for anyone over age 55 of $1,000.
Group Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Short term disability is a thirteen week duration where the employee is able to earn 66.67% ($1,500 weekly maximum) of their pay while on leave.
- Long term disability includes target bonus and commission amount. The employee is also able to earn 66.67% of their pay (or a $15,000 monthly maximum) during this time.
Group Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- All premiums are employer-paid.
- Life insurance coverage is two times the annual base salary plus target commission/bonus amount.
Supplemental Group, Spouse and Child Insurance
- Premiums are employee paid.
- Life insurance coverage up to $500,000 for employee and spouse.
- Child life insurance for up to $10,000 per child.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance for up to $500,000 for employee and spouse.
New York Life
- NxStage matches 100% of the first 3% and 50% of next 2% of contribution
- Match begins with initial contribution and is 100% vested immediately
- Employees can contribute up to 75% of their pay ($17,500 maximum)
- Contributions may also be changed at any time.
Employee Assistance Program
- The Wellness Corporation offers an Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential assistance to help you find solutions for everyday challenges of work and home. It also provides assistance for financial and legal questions, addiction, recovery, and emotional health.
Travel Assistance Program
- This travel assistance program offers help in finding medical providers while traveling outside the United States.
VPI Pet Insurance
- This benefit offers a discount to NxStage employees for insurance on their pets.
Pre-Paid Legal and Identify Theft Protection Services
Identity Theft Shield
- This benefit offers discounted rates for legal and identity theft protection services.
One-site Dry Cleaning and Shoe Repair Service
- Dry cleaning is picked up in the office, dry cleaned and returned to the office within the week.
- Featured Review
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Positive work enviroment, strong senior leadership, advanced development tools with state of the art facilities with good career advancement.
As the company continues to grow rapidly it may be difficult to maintain the current very positive culture.
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NxStage (Lawrence, MA) in July 2015.
I applied online through an employee referral. Then I had a brief phone interview with HR and they set up an in-person interview for me that week. I met with 4 engineers on the team and the HR contact. I stayed in one interview room the whole time and did not receive a tour of the building. The interview overall was easy and not technical at all.
- What is your experience with disposables? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Patients suffering from end-stage renal disease can turn to NxStage Medical for help. The medical device company operates through two segments: System One and In-Center. The System One division features NxStage Medical's lead product, the System One portable hemodialysis machine, which can be used by patients at home or by professionals in a hospital setting. The device is also marketed to hospitals for critical care and to dialysis clinics that want to create or expand their services to home-based patients. The In-Center division sells NxStage Medical's blood ...