We help companies appreciate people who do great work. Because celebrating great work inspires people to invent, to create, to discover. And when people are inspired, companies grow.
O.C. Tanner develops strategic employee recognition and reward solutions that help people accomplish and appreciate great work.
- Founded in 1927, pioneered the recognition industry, privately held
- Chair of the Board, Carolyn Tanner Irish
- Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA; Burlington, Ontario, Canada; Loughton, Essex, United Kingdom; and Mumbai, India, global offices in Frankfurt, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo
- 8000+ clients in 150 countries
- Serving 23 Fortune 100 companies including DOW Chemical, Caterpillar Inc., and Chevron
- 1500+ employees from 56 countries of national origin
- Award partnerships with over 400 top name brands
- 4.2 million awards delivered to 19 million users worldwide annually
- 16,000 selections in our award collection
- Four exclusively owned brand lines, thousands of hand-crafted symbolic awards
- Over 99% on time delivery
INNOVATION AND LEADERSHIP
- Yearbook™, our latest web and print-on-demand technology, reinvented service awards for the 21st century by allowing leaders and peers to create personalized, one-of-a-kind keepsakes to celebrate each service anniversary.
- Our SaaS and cloud-based technologies support social appreciation tools that help clients globally celebrate 100 recognition moments a minute, every minute of every day.
- We lead the industry in one-of-a-kind manufacturing capabilities that include cutting edge 3-D CAD design, sophisticated laser technology, and precision milling machines, that help us create over 6000 unique symbolic awards and trophies daily.
- O.C. Tanner’s Wall of Fame social technology enables recognition to flow up, down, and sideways, peer-to-peer, leader-to-peer, and more, to broadcast recognition company-wide.
- Our Smarts™ analytics suite allows admins to filter and access big data gathered from recognition programs in more flexible and creative ways than any other recognition provider. So organizations can use real-time numbers to manage programs, people, and performance.
- We founded the annual Executive Recognition Summit attended by senior executives from around the world to share industry best practices and recognition breakthroughs.
- Recently commissioned global studies include the Towers Watson Global Recognition study; Global Awards, Performance, and Years Of Service Studies by Cicero Group; and The O.C. Tanner Study of Award-Winning Work which included The Forbes Insights Study.
- Insights from the largest-ever study of award-winning work led to the New York Times bestseller, Great Work: how to make a difference people loveby David Sturt and the O.C. Tanner Institute.
- The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, an endowed lectureship at Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and the universities of Utah, Michigan, and California, was established by Obert C. Tanner to “contribute to the intellectual and moral life of mankind”.
O.C. Tanner Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at O.C. Tanner full-timeRecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
Great place to work at
Not too many cons about oc tanner
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Chicago, IL).
3 week process, speaking to recruiter and hiring managers and finally the person I would be working with directly. I kept going back and forth with the recruiter who would then speak with the company person and then back to me. It was confusing and tiring. Once the interview was over I would have to call the recruiter. Interviews went well but the final lady I interviewed with was not personable and didnt seem interested in our interview. I did have to have the recruiter schedule me last as I had conflicting meetings with my current job. She said she was understanding but I could tell this bothered her that I couldnt drop my current job to come to an interview.
- Behavioral questions- describe a good manager and a bad manager Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
O.C. Tanner recognizes that it's nice to be appreciated. The company designs and helps implement employee recognition programs for customers around the world. Related services, intended to help customers take full advantage of their investment in employee recognition, include communication, consulting, and research. The company, which operates from offices in the US, Canada, and the UK, has shipped awards to more than 120 countries. Over the years O.C. Tanner has counted numerous FORTUNE 100 companies among its clients. Namesake Obert C. Tanner founded the company in ...