We provide world class technologists, advisors and consultants to architect, deploy & optimize our client's I.T. investments. Our goal is to inspire our employees, clients and community to achieve the best potential of human talent, genius & creativity in business and in life.
- With Oakwood, you’re not engaging an individual, you’re engaging a team of advisors and subject matter experts.
- We are your advocate in bringing order to the chaos of choices in the technology market.
- We use proprietary processes and methodologies that increase success and deliver results.
- We stand behind our work as a company and are committed to complete satisfaction – guaranteed.
- Capabilities of our people – flexible, passionate, approachable, agile, and committed to satisfying our customers
- Breadth and depth of our service offerings – a wide and deep portfolio of capabilities to support the entire customer IT function.
- Sales and delivery excellence – collaboration amongst our teams, transparency of our process, delivering what our clients request, and the practicality of our approach.
Only the best of the best.
We founded Oakwood Systems Group on a basic premise: Hire only the best, brightest people and then provide an environment in which they can excel, learn from peers, develop their career and grow personally and professionally!
Our success is based on the caliber of individuals we employ and we hope to provide an environment that would make people consider this their last place to work.
Many team members have won numerous awards throughout our history – most recently the coveted 2013 “Partner of the Year Award” from Microsoft’s Central Region. Oakwood’s team is also one of the most highly certified groups in the Midwest, with several team members certified in multiple disciplines.
Never have I worked with such a group of dedicated and innovative people. Everyone is driven to finding the right solution using the latest technologies.
– Kris Frey, Solution Engineer (Infrastructure Management)
Make a Life, Not Just a Living.
We know that everyone has a story. We are not just defined by our job or our title. Oakwood appreciates and seeks out those who find fulfillment in a life outside of the Oakwood walls.
The job is always challenging me to be up to date in working with the latest technology. There is a high level of professional knowledge here.”
– Fernando Urasma Senior Consultant, Identity and Access Management
Our diversity, our passions and our time away from work provide each of us with depth and ultimately make our lives richer. Outside of work, you’ll find many of us playing hoops, running marathons, spending time with our families, involved with community efforts, investing our time with various charities and many other activities that help us to get out of our head and away from the whirlwind of business and technology.
Enjoy the benefits of working for Oakwood.
- Performance management program where a career path is mutually determined and supported.
- Paid holidays, paid time-off (Vacation and Sick Days).
- We hire full-time team members.
- Dental including option for orthodontia
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Free snacks, food and beverages and Happy Hour Thursdays.
- Social events – We have quarterly family and also adult only events.
- We work with and for local charities.
- Community events – We sponsor and participate in technology and business user groups.
- Ambassador program – A program designed to welcome new team members to Oakwood during their first 90 days.
- No out of pocket costs for certification exams.
- Certification recognition program where you receive non-taxed monies.
- Company-issued laptop or tablet.
- Mentor/Buddy program to ensure you are well-ingrained into the Oakwood culture and team in your first 90 days.
- Full orientation where you meet representatives of each department and leadership team.
- Culture club where we come up with engaging formal and informal events for our employees.
- All-hands meeting where gather to welcome new team members, share business updates, metrics and goals for the future.
- Ability to participate in our Golf-leagues, marathons and Basketball leagues.
- Monthly informal social gatherings at the Oakwood office.
- Lunch-n-Learns where the teams gather over lunch and share the latest in technology trends.
We help our clients go beyond their business objectives including increasing market share, internal efficiencies and improving relationships, communications, and processes with customer, employees, and suppliers.
Using our capabilities for good.
Oakwood is a member of many civic and trade organizations. Employees are encouraged to participate in causes personally significant to them and are given the opportunity to do so.
At Oakwood, there are always new opportunities to explore.”
-Michelle Adams Executive Assistant, Finance
We believe there is a social responsibility to serve our communityand those in need. We shouldn’t be here just to consume. We need to give of our time, talent and treasure.
Oakwood conducts business based on core values of Excellence, Honesty, Integrity, Innovation and Caring. By measuring all decisions in this manner, Oakwood has maintained their position as an industry leader and as a company who delivers on its promises to its clients, consultants, and community.
622 Emerson Road, Suite 350
St. Louis, Missouri 63141
15201 W 101st Terrace
Lenexa, Kansas 66219-1385
Oakwood Systems Group Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Oakwood Systems Group full-time (More than 3 years)
If you are willing to work hard and bring solutions, not just problems, you are listened to. If you are willing to define, support and defend a new offering, Oakwood has a history of enabling people to go so far as even starting a new practice. Reviews within at least some groups at Oakwood are established with SMART goals chosen mostly by the employee, aimed at their growth the way they want. The mentorship, training, flexibility and empowerment are simply second to none among companies for whom I have worked.
Consulting is not for everyone, so having to learn constantly and take on challenges for which you are not yet equipped can be off-putting. There is difficulty in communication from the topmost tier of the organization. The senior leadership seems to believe that allowing difficult news to filter through rumor channels is more effective than directly addressing the concerns. The standard benefits are not the best.
Advice to Management
Communicate. Do it too much. Be transparent even when it hurts. Better communication leading to stronger trust could set this organization on a far better track.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oakwood Systems Group in August 2007.
inital communication was over the phone with an hr representative. that went well and then i went into interview in the office and spoke with 2 consultants 1 hr representative and the office manager. overall was very smooth. basic behavioral questions
- Tell us about your biggest challenge Answer Question
We provide world class technologists, advisors and consultants to architect, deploy & optimize our client's I.T. investments. Our goal is to inspire our employees, clients and community to achieve the best potential of human talent, genius & creativity in business and in life. We are a unique consulting firm changing the way people do business - solving ...
Mission: We passionately deliver business technology solutions that propel our clients to achieve their strategic objectives and to succeed in such a profound way that they become our most powerful advocates; where our team is driven to excel through ideas, accountability, and imagination to such a point where others can no longer compete.