CREATE THE FUTURE NOW
- PTC update4 days ago
Who might you see at LiveWorx 2015? http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6lP
- PTC update6 days ago
IoT technology on the basketball courts: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6iD
We’re at the early stages of a fundamental transformation, marking what could be one of the most significant disruptions to the manufacturing industry since the Industrial Revolution. As one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing technology companies, PTC helps manufacturing leaders address these transformative forces to achieve and sustain product and service advantage.
PTC solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Service Lifecycle Management (SLM) enable process transformation by empowering you to aggregate, analyze, and deploy product information to drive the strategy and dynamic decision-making processes on which your success depends. Our solutions help you optimize the activities within individual functions of your organization, and align them across your entire enterprise: from engineering to supply chain and manufacturing, and sales and service.
Today, PTC works with more than 28,000 businesses around the world to help them design and service products in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries, including industrial equipment, automotive, high tech and electronics, aerospace and defense, retail, consumer, and medical devices. By partnering with PTC, you can cultivate and exploit your best product ideas from concept and engineering through delivery and service.
As your business evolves, and your challenges increase in complexity, our goal is unchanged - to deliver technology solutions that help you achieve, and sustain, a product and service advantage.
PTC is a fast-paced, results-oriented organization. Our major focus is helping companies gain a significant competitive advantage by transforming how they create and service their products. Our people are goal-driven, competitive and team-oriented. We have high expectations for ourselves and others.
Our reputation for excellence within the industry and our focus on ethical behavior are our top priorities. The leadership team encourages employee empowerment and hard-work, though we recognize that a balance between work and non-work life is critical to maintaining passion and intensity in our careers.
The foundation of PTC’s work culture comes from a set of seven core values. To learn more about PTC’s dynamic culture, see the definitions of each value below.
We strive to rise above ‘good’ to be “the best.” We believe in having a positive, competitive, optimistic and realistic approach to everything we do. We hold ourselves to high standards that will truly produce excellence, which makes us a great company.
Innovation and Empowerment
We drive to innovate by integrating the needs of our customers, evolving markets, new technology and the expertise of our employees throughout the world. We are empowered to share our thoughts and bring our ideas to the forefront to be heard.
Integrity and Professionalism
We conduct ourselves in a professional and ethical manner. It means doing what is right, even when no one is looking and serves as a cornerstone of our present and future success.
Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We engage with the communities in which we work and give back to them. We develop and participate in programs that create value for our community and our company.
We have a team spirit that is the essence of our winning organization. No single group is responsible for our success — it is achieved through collaboration, diverse ideas, skills and experiences. We address challenges and opportunities as one team fighting one fight until our customers reach success.
We are diligent in our pursuit of victory. We will do everything we can to win and when we don’t, we learn from it to improve for the future. We drive hard toward attaining successful results.
We are relentless in enhancing the value proposition for our customers. We are committed to our customers’ success and use it as an indicator of the success of PTC. We declare victory when the customer finds they are getting value from our solutions.
What Could I Learn?
- Business and Functional Skills: Sharpen skills critical to succeed in your specific job, as well as the professional skills like project management and communication needed to succeed in any company
- Management Skills: Build leadership skills from the fundamental management of people, teams and projects, to creative strategies for leading in a fast-paced, global company
- Technical Skills: Stay current on the most critical tools of your trade — from the hottest new programming language to the latest systems, networking and word processing software
- Product Knowledge: Gain expertise in PTC software
What Can It Lead To?
- Internal Promotions: Excel through personal development and get hold of challenging job opportunities with PTC's internal promotion practices
- Technical and Managerial Career Tracks: Get your career on track and rolling along, whether you're interested in increased leadership and management opportunities, or expanding technical responsibilities and expertise
- International Exposure: With over 200 offices worldwide, PTC provides you with opportunities to work with others from around the globe, as well as gain experience internationally
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at PTC full-time (Less than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Company is quickly moving resources and making acquisitions in a very hot space, the Internet of Things
- Still focused on growing its core business (CAD, PLM, etc.) for thousands of customers
- Culture of empowerment. If you are willing to step up, make things happen, you can succeed and thrive
- Strong, compelling vision from the CEO
- Good flow of communication despite being a larger, geographically dispersed business
- Rate of change may be difficult for some
- Culture going through transition and that always takes time
Advice to Management
Pedal to the metal on the growth strategies.
Better coffee and free soda.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PTC.
Started with a phone screen with the Recruiter, then had a phone interview with the manager. I then came in to meet with the manager and a couple members of the team. Overall a quick process and good experience. I received an interview packet from the Recruiter with a lot of useful information.
- Why are you interested in PTC? What does PTC do? What motivates you? Why do you think you'll be successful? Answer Question
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve product and service advantage in the age of the Internet of Things.Our technology enabled solutions transform the way manufacturers create, operate and service their products. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,500 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing...
Mission: PTC delivers technology solutions that transform the way companies create, operate and service their products. PTC solutions enable manufacturers to achieve Product and...