Since our first days as a Newport Beach surf shop, PacSun has been celebrating the creativity and diversity of California for more than 30 years. With over 600 stores across the United States and an impressive roster of coveted lifestyle brands and exclusive collections, PacSun offers a unique retail experience with elevated product for young men and women. Working with artists, designers, photographers, and other brand contributors, PacSun has emerged as a relevant source and authority on style, fashion and trends.
PacSun Work Culture
PacSun is a dynamic organization where trust, creativity, individual excellence, teamwork and winning are the values that shape our success. Each individual is a valuable part of the future of PacSun. While the work environment seems laid back, we take pride in doing our best each day. Many of our customers become our employees. You are always invited to submit your resume at a store (for a Brand Rep position) or online; we look forward to getting to know you better.
Pacific Sunwear recognizes that diversity is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage in our business. Fostering a diverse workforce provides us with creativity and innovation that is essential to our story. Our team is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the highest-caliber talent.
Our Commitment To Social Responsibility
PacSun is committed to sourcing products from suppliers who conduct their business in a fair and responsible manner and share our belief in protecting human rights and preserving the environment. All PacSun suppliers are expected to make every effort possible to prevent any abusive, exploitative or illegal conditions in their factories. Below are some of our efforts to ensure that our suppliers are honoring their promise to uphold our principles:
- Vendor Code of Conduct: PacSun created a Vendor Code of Conduct in line with international labor standards and laws. All supplier factories and subcontractor factories producing PacSun's proprietary branded merchandise are required to comply with our Vendor Code of Conduct.
- Factory Audits: PacSun uses third-party monitoring firms to ensure that factories producing our goods are complying with our Code of Conduct. All factory assessments are conducted on a semi-announced and announced basis. Throughout the assessment process, the auditors advise factory management on how to correct any noncompliance issues that are found. PacSun also accepts global certifications from organizations such as WRAP and SA8000. In some cases we may accept recent audits from peer companies in the apparel industry whose principles are in line with international labor standards and our Code of Conduct.
- Remediation: We are committed to continuous improvement of our supplier factories. When noncompliance issues are identified, we believe the best way to resolve these issues are to provide the factory with assistance and guidance by placing them on a corrective action plan. However, if a critical issue of noncompliance is identified and/or when a supplier is unable to comply with our requirements, it is our policy to terminate the business relationship.
- Human Rights: PacSun recognizes that fair labor practices are a crucial element in human rights. We believe that workers have the right to bargain collectively if they choose to do so, and that they are entitled to work in a safe environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, and abuse. We also believe workers should have the freedom to choose where they work and be employed at their free will. PacSun will not tolerate any form of child labor or forced labor. In accordance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, PacSun is committed to doing its part to eradicate slavery and human trafficking. We consider all forms of forced labor unacceptable and will only work with suppliers who share this common belief.
- Environment: PacSun requires all supplier factories and their subcontractors to comply with all local and international laws regarding the protection and preservation of the environment. Our supplier audits also verify that factories have obtained all required operating permits to handle hazardous materials and waste. Factories are also required to have waste management systems in place to ensure the proper handling and treatment of wastewater and hazardous materials as well as to prevent any catastrophic release of chemicals in the environment.
PacSun is continually researching potential program enhancements and will update our efforts as necessary in order to maintain a robust and comprehensive program. All updates to our program will be noted on our Social Responsibility page.
Too many to name 'em all? Maybe. But you can start with working at a creative, energetic, fun place, then add in medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, the employee discount and a trendy dress code.
It's an awesome place. Many perks, great people, and we totally get it -offering our PacSun family many extra benefits to balance work and life.
On-site Fitness Facility
It's not just work here. You can get a quick workout at our on-site gym. Weights, treadmill, cycling. It's all there -and a great way to up your energy and handle stress. Hit it before you start the day, at lunch or after hours.
We like to board, skate, bike - and eat. Our on-site cafe and full kitchen offers deli, salad bar and a full-dining area - Inside and outside on our patio. Choose fresh off the grill, healthy snacks or go for the Veggie menu.
Take a breather. Our Wellness Room let's you catch a quick snooze or rest to recharge.
Get outfitted. When you work at PacSun, you score an awesome discount. Look good at work, the beach, wherever, whenever.
Casual Dress Code
What else would you expect? As a SoCal fashion leader, we're all about kick back. All the time, every day.
New Mother's Room
New Moms have a private room of their own when needed for convenience, as they transition back.
Rewards & Recognition
We always give props to those deserving. Our incentive programs reward eligible employees for standout performance and company excellence.
Pacific Sunwear Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Pacific Sunwear part-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Good chance to work on sales and communication skills.
Become very good at folding clothes.
Learn how to manage people, personnel, and conflict.Cons
Minimum wage starting.
Hard to get promoted.
Company doesn't treat employees well.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Take better care of your employees, promote from withinRecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.Interview Details
I walked into the store and asked for an application. I filled out the application in the store and submitted it. A week later I was called by an assistant manager to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by the store manager and an assistant manager and was asked very basic personality and leadership questions.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- What are your best and worst qualities Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –