- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Pan DesiPros
- You learn a ton about your personal abilities
- Co-workers are amazing people
- Very hands-on, you get in the field experience doing what you love...and a bunch of stuff you hate too.
- Because it's a network too you know your hard work will air (if the network ever gets back on air!!!)
- The boss genuinely cares about the employees and knows that the company is a stepping stone and people aren't going to stay for extended periods of time.Cons
- The pay is HORRIBLE. Honestly, it's insulting to do the job of a high-level executive and get paid pennies over minimum wage.
- Turn over. Because the boss is only willing to pay for fresh out of school kids in dire need of a job and resume builder once they realize they're above it (6 months normally) they're out and the new guy is in. The problem is that people are willing to do the job for nothing so he knows everyone is replaceable and the quality of the content suffers because of it.
- Micro managing. Boss looks at EVERY email before you send it....ridiculous time waster. I promised a vendor I spoke to at noon I'd email them info by 2. He didn't approve my email until the next afternoon. Timeliness.
-BOSS IS CHEAP! Everything is on a shoe-string budget. He expects every vendor to give us things for free (transpo etc.) and promises exchange for advertising on a network that isn't technically on-air.Advice to ManagementAdvice
You get what you pay for. If you want high quality you can't have a completely new staff every 6-10 months. Switching producers, directors, editors mid-project because they are so dissatisfied screws over EVERYONE else involved in the project.Doesn't Recommend
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –