Creative? Come join us!
- Paper Source update9 days ago
Congratulations to our Tivoli Village store in Las Vegas in winning Best of the City for Best Crafters Heaven by Desert Companion magazine.
- Paper Source update18 days ago
Sunny Greetings Workshop in our stores March 26th- what a great way to welcome Spring..finally. Sign up at your local Paper Source store.
Paper Source is a premier paperie and gift retailer offering a curated selection of fine papers, custom invitations and announcements, distinctive gifts, quirky greeting cards, gift wrap, paper craft kits, party supplies and personalized stationery and stamps.
Over half of the products we offer are original Paper Source designs from our Chicago-based team; offering a unique aesthetic and exclusive color palette.
Our goal is to inspire customers to "Do Something Creative Every Day," and to celebrate all of life's moments (the big and the small). A quirky card, chic personalized stationery, an elegant invitation, a beautifully wrapped gift or a festive birth announcement - we believe each offers a unique opportunity for creative expression in everyday life. At Paper Source, we are committed to innovation and original design, and offer a selection that allows our customers to express themselves creatively with ease.
The first Paper Source store was opened in Chicago in 1983 to showcase beautiful handcrafted papers from around the world. Through the years, we have grown our product offering and expanded our community reach with the introduction of new stores, through our site papersource.com and a wholesale division, Waste Not Paper.
Sally Pofcher has been CEO of Paper Source since 2007 and during her tenure has increased original design and product offerings, continued a commitment to inspiring customers and opened more than 80 new stores across the country.
Paper Source is owned by the investment firm Investcorp and will continue opening stores and expanding in-store and online offerings.
We consider the wasp to be the first true paper maker (it creates its nest by chewing bark, leaving a paper-like pulp), and we use the crafty insect to represent our own love for the medium that started it all.
Dotted washis, unryu, kozo - even vellum envelopes - we owe them all to our patron insect, the humble paper wasp.
So, in tribute to our fellow paper aficionado, fold yourself an origami cup and offer a papery toast to the insect who started it all!
Paper Source Green Choices
At Paper Source, we live and breathe paper. We create it, craft it, color it, cut it, shape it, and print it. We cherish it and adore it. We admire paper for its innate qualities as it was first made by artisans — with a deep respect for the materials used, the skill of the artist, and its role as a material for expression.
We appreciate that paper is essentially a simple formula, despite all its beautiful subtleties and complexities. Fiber + Water + Energy = Paper. It's a science and it's an art.
Today, with increasing concern about preserving the earth's fragile eco-system, this simple formula has become a more delicate equation. Paper can be labeled as something "bad" if stereotyped as the outcome of inefficient use of energy, or irresponsible forestry and industrial practices. As a purveyor of paper products, it's our responsibility to assess how and where we factor in.
Our credo — to inspire you to "Do Something Creative Every Day" — is rooted in our profound love for paper. We recognize that when it comes to our product, eco-friendly can sometimes equal compromised archival quality or a less-pleasing aesthetic. Our commitment to you, our customer, is to balance the equation by giving you choices, allowing you to enjoy paper as a wonderful vehicle for creativity without compromising your desire for stewardship of the earth.
Green Choices For You
- We've long since partnered with mills that adhere to strict environmental and socioeconomic standards, many of which fuel their processes via wind or hydro power.
- We're proud that after a lengthy transition, our exclusive Paper Source collection of solid color papers, cards and envelopes is now made from at least 30% post-consumer waste. (Please note: Our Shimmer, Star Dream, Superfine Whites, and Pure White papers do not contain recycled content at this time, as the material can compromise the beautiful aesthetic and coloring of these papers. They are, however, processed chlorine-free. Stardream papers are also now FSC certified.)
- Many colors in the Paper Source line of envelopes and cards are processed chlorine-free (PCF).
- We’ve introduced "Eco-White" and Kraft "Paper Bag" as the base papers for the Paper Source-designed patterns found in our flat papers and gift wrap, which are both 100% recycled with 30% PCW. (You can find Eco-White and Paper Bag in our card and envelope collection too.)
- We're reusing leather, too -- with our line of recycled leather datebooks and journals.
Green Choices From Us
- Our catalogs and shopping bags have been converted to recycled paper and meet all requirements of the various states that our stores service. We also have eliminated the use of plastic gift wrap shopping bags in our stores, offering our customers paper bags as needed.
- Our printers operate with reduced volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and recycle their ink waste.
- We have kept our headquarters in a location in Chicago that has easy access to all forms of public transportation. We are also located in a part of the city that is ideal for bike travel, with newly updated bike routes that branch with neighborhoods both near and far. Several of our employees bike to work during the warm summer months!
- Paper Source has instituted a successful recycling program in our office, and we're working continuously to find creative ways to reuse leftover paper.
- We've transitioned to high-efficiency light bulbs in our stores.
Like many of you, we are on a journey to be better citizens of our planet, while sustaining the joy and creativity embodied by the Paper Source experience. Most importantly, know that our efforts are sincere. Our entire offering is not a model of eco-perfection. But we hope that our efforts help you to bring more "green" to your own creative spark... every day!
Our mission is to inspire you to “Do Something Creative Every Day”- to spark ideas and provide products to celebrate life moments with beauty, humor, originality and personal expression.
“I love the pursuit of bringing creativity into the world around us and working in an environment that is vibrant and inspiring. Even more rewarding has been the opportunity to share ideas, see them become a reality and grow my career here “
Rebecca Burick, Workshops Manage
"Paper Source energizes my creativity.
It is the most joyful place I have ever worked"
South Coast Plaza-Costa Mesa, CA
“Not a day goes by when I am not inspired by my co-workers. The passion to build this brand, the desire to improve and the overwhelming creative spirit make Paper Source a truly remarkable place to work.”
Stephanie Garoza- Store Operations Manager
Do Something Creative Every Day- this is our passion here at Paper Source
At Paper Source you'll find associates who are engaging, knowledgable and passionate about their work, our customers and creativity. As a unique retailer, we are always looking for the friendliest, most creative and most insiring people to join our team. We offer career growth opportunities for our associates, comprehensive benefits packages, competitive base pay, vacation and retirement plans depending on your role.
Paper Source is growing
Paper Source has experienced incremental growth each year and is experiencing an exciting average growth of 12 stores per year over the next few years. New stores are opening in both new and existing markets. Our talented new store teams have a mix of internal and external hires, as we are focused on internal development and career pathing opportunities within our growing company.
Paper Source Photos
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Paper Source part-time (more than a year)Pros
There are so many good things about this company. The company allows you to be creative while you work. When customers return, they often recognize those who've helped them in the past. I've gone to help fill shifts at another store and it was so easy to fit into the team and continue helping customers. The corporate side likes to keep things interesting for us in the store and they are always open to hear our feedback as a specific location.Cons
In the 2 years I've worked here, I can't think of anything I'd say is negative about the company.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep up the great work!RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paper Source.Interview Details
I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn for a Store Manager position. I discussed in-person with the recruiter the fact that I was a Store Manager currently, and expected to receive a Store Manager position with accompanying salary. I met with the District Manager, who then informed me that there were not any Store Manager positions available in the area. When I spoke to the recruiter next, she offered me an Assistant Manager position (with a salary that was 30% less than discussed). I informed her that I would not be able to accept such a step down in position or such a cut in salary.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- "Would you be interested in an Assistant Manager position instead?" Answer Question
I am not interested in taking a step down in my career, and frankly, I have bills to pay, and the salary offered would have left me better off on unemployment.Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
Paper Source is a premier paperie and gift retailer offering a curated selection of fine papers, custom invitations , distinctive gifts, quirky greeting cards, gift wrap, paper craft kits, and personalized stationery and stamps.
Over half of the products we offer are original Paper Source designs from our Chicago-based team; offering a unique aesthetic and exclusive color...
Mission: Our goal is to inspire customers to "Do Something Creative Every Day," and to celebrate all of life's moments (the big and the small). A quirky card, chic personalized...