The Parthenon Group
To learn more about the work we do, visit www.parthenon.com
"It's About Our People"...
…you will hear that a lot here at Parthenon. Our secret to being one of the top consulting organizations to work for is that our members meet three seemingly simple criteria:
- Our highly analytical approach demands that we recruit and retain bright, intellectually curious individuals.
- Our clients report that our friendly, arrogance-free style separates us from competitors.
- Our professionals are motived to provide the highest level of service to our clients, and to seize the opportunities that our entrepreneurial culture affords.
Parthenon sustains a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and a formidable venue for creative and analytical thinkers to solve our clients’ greatest challenges. And the best by-product? Our members enjoy coming into work each day to work side-by-side with their peers, as Parthenon is just a fun place to work. But don't take our word for it -- read what our members have to say in their member profiles.
Focus on Strategy Consulting
Our expertise at Parthenon is focused on addressing the
critical strategic decisions the senior leadership in our client
organizations’ have to make. Our clients engage with us to
challenge the status quo in their organization, and generate
customized solutions to their complex business issues. Our
teams connect with the right people, ask the right questions,
and torture the fact base, with the outcome of actionable
solutions upon which our clients can reach their full potential.
Beginning as a Generalist
Although we are aligned by practice for our clients, a new
associate or consultant will typically be a generalist for the first several years of their career. We believe broad exposure to industries and project types benefits consultants and enhances their ability to serve as true strategic advisors to their clients. Over time, there is opportunity to narrow one’s focus and become an industry/functional expert.
Benefits of Parthenon's Two-Case Model
For associates and consultants, we employ a two-case model, which makes the experience at Parthenon truly unique. The benefits of this include:
- Variety of Case Work: Working on two cases, you have a greater exposure to all of the various types of strategic engagements performed here at Parthenon.
- Variety of Client Types: At Parthenon, the variety in the client base is extensive. With the two cases, you will have a greater opportunity to work many different types of clients at various stages in the organizational life cycle.
- Industry Exposure: We hvae deep expertise across multiple industries, across which associates and consultants work as generalists, developing critical analytical skills and gaining important exposure to leading strategic issues.
- Exposure to Senior Leadership: The typical case team is organized around a work stream, which includes a partner, a consultant, a vice president, and one or two associates. Your team will meet on a weekly, if not daily, basis to discuss the case findings and progress, and everyone’s input matters.
The key tenant of Parthenon’s culture, which has been nurturedwith great passion since the day we were founded, is Mutual Respect. We are proud to foster an inclusive culture where members of all levels, from incoming associates to senior partners, are respected equally.
Other key pillars of our culture include:
- Commitment to Diversity: Parthenon seeks to recruit, retain and develop the highest caliber of talent from across the globe. Diversity of our workforce is a cornerstone of our commitment to excellence, to both our clients and our employees. Our inclusive culture values diversity of backgrounds, experiences and beliefs.
- Social Impact and Charitable Giving: Giving back to our communities is a consistent theme in each of our offices around the world. We feel fortunate to have such a tight-knit community within our Parthenon walls, and we strive to share our good fortune to enhance the communities we live in with our three-pronged approach to giving back which includes: charitable giving, pro-bono consulting and volunteering.
- Supporting a Well-Rounded Life: We believe that career and professional fulfillment involves more than just exposure to great casework. We encourage our firm members to build lifelong relationships within the firm, we provide flexibility to balance work and life commitments as needed, we offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, and we believe in engaging families and giving back to our communities.
To supplement the traditional casework experience, Parthenon offers custom opportunities to associates and consultants who choose to pursue them. You might find yourself on a rotation in another office, or leading internal initiatives such as undergraduate recruiting for your alma mater.
Parthenon’s international footprint has provided select opportunities to rotate through other offices for a period of time. When client needs arise, you may have the opportunity to:
- Rotate through another office (four to six months, one-plus year)
- Join a case team in an international location
- Transfer to another office permanently
Private Equity Practice Rotation
You will Parthenon as a generalist, and will be exposed to casework across our practices and our capabilities. There is, however, an opportunity to do a four-to-six month rotation in our Private Equity Practice, where you would be staffed 100% to due diligence and portfolio strategy work within this world-class practice area.
After six months at the firm Parthenon offers new associates the opportunity to participate in additional activities and firm efforts.These can include involvement in:
- Undergraduate recruiting
- Summer/new associate training
- The Parthenon newsletter
- Associate Fun Committee
- Alumni Program
Parthenon Group Photos
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Parthenon Group full-time (more than a year)Pros
After having spent almost 3 years at Parthenon, and leaving for a much more corporate organization, I realize I should have appreciated the collaborative and friendly culture that pervades through the entirety at Parthenon much more than I did. This is an A+ employer - great atmosphere, extremely smart people, and amazing career opportunities. The leadership is committed to providing the best opportunities that they can for their employees, even if that mean significantly tailoring the associate experience to each individual. Can't reinforce the Parthenon motto enough... the company is truly full of "smart, nice, and driven" people.Cons
Definitely long hours at times, but the work is always appreciatedAdvice to ManagementAdvice
The two case model can oftentimes get overwhelming in terms of hours and work load... considering shifting certain types of projects over to the one case model.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Parthenon Group.Interview Details
Interviewed through campus recruiting. First round consisted of one case and one fit interview. Interviewers were very friendly and the case was straight forward. Received a call that evening informing me I had made it through to the second/final round. Final round was in the Boston office. They took all the interviewees out to dinner in small groups the night before the interview and everyone was incredibly friendly and professional. The interview consisted of two cases and one group case. The two cases were slightly more difficult than the first round but nothing crazy. The group interview was more difficult since I had never done anything like that before. Overall it was a great experience, loved the people I met and learned a lot through the process.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- business cases Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
The Parthenon Group has built its temple by providing advice to clients in categories such as corporations (including both large companies and smaller ones with growth potential), private equity firms, educational institutions, and health care organizations. The firm's hundreds of consultants advise on matters of strategy, profit improvement, mergers and acquisitions, and innovation. Clients have included industry leaders such as American Express, eBay, and McGraw-Hill. Parthenon has offices in Boston, San Francisco, London, Mumbai, and Shanghai. The firm was founded in...