- Patterson Dental update9 days ago
- Patterson Dental update30+ days ago
As one of North America’s largest distributors of dental merchandise, Patterson Dental offers over 90,000 products and a wide range of leading equipment, software, technology solutions and services.
From humble beginnings in a one-room Milwaukee drugstore in 1877, Patterson has grown to meet the needs of dental professionals through more than 85 branch offices nationwide and over 1,500 sales representatives and equipment specialists in the United States and Canada (Patterson Canada).
As part of its commitment to be the one source dental professionals can depend on for everything they need, Patterson acquired CAESY Education Systems in 2004 and dental software developer and marketer EagleSoft Inc. in 1997. The Company further expanded its technology offering with the acquisitions of Dolphin Imaging Systems and Dolphin Practice Management, the world’s leading providers of 3D imaging and practice management software for specialized dental practitioners (including orthodontists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons and oral and maxillofacial radiologists).
While dentistry has experienced many changes over the years, relationships with customers remain strong and growing – built on a solid foundation of trust, tradition and technological innovation.
Patterson Territory Sales Reps
Do you strive for organizational success, seek career growth, and desire the ability to own one’s own income potential? As a Territory Sales Representative, you are responsible for driving profitable sales growth by developing, maintaining, and advancing accounts by regularly contacting offices within a defined territory.
- Developing a “practice partner” mentality with Doctors and staff by analyzing business needs, discussing benefits and features of equipment and technology solutions, coordinating product demonstrations, explaining return on investment and tax advantages, and discussing emerging trends in the dental industry.
- Being well versed on Patterson products and services, industry information and possessing competitive intelligence
- Maintaining accurate records for prospects, customer orders, sales records, and other financial activity
- Other duties related to the position
Patterson Service Technician
As a Service Technician, you provide installation and repair on a variety of dental equipment and products in the dental office environment. The Service Technician follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of devices. You will also assist in the training of other technical staff.
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests. Uses company-provided tools and test devices used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking from branch inventory as necessary.
- Ensuring both proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer’s specifications as well as all company, OSHA or other agencies’ policies related to asepsis.
- Providing technical support for the repair of equipment after initial installation and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of new members of the Service Technician team.
- Training dental office staff on proper operation of installed systems.
- Other duties as related to the position.
Our commitment to diversity is built on the belief that immense value exists in the differences and commonalities among individuals.
As an organization, we depend on the potential, talents and unique perspectives and experiences of our workforce to better understand and meet the needs of our customers and more effectively compete in a diverse marketplace.
We recognize the necessity of providing an environment in which all individuals thrive, fostering a culture in which the contributions and achievements of all our employees are celebrated. We also value the role diversity plays in our mission to strengthen our position as an industry leader and trusted partner in healthcare.
Patterson employees are assured a safe, nondiscriminatory workplace with equal employment opportunities.
Patterson is dedicated to applying environment-friendly business practices. In doing so, we accept responsibility to help conserve our natural resources and sustain our environment.
As a leader in the industry and a champion of corporate responsibility beyond the workplace, we meet quality standards, minimize our overall impact on the environment and achieve key certifications. Awareness and action involving eco-practices include environmentally friendly structures, facility-wide recycling practices, energy-efficient lighting and collaboration with business partners who hold tightly to the same priorities for preserving our environment.
Our sustainability program takes root from the ground up – beginning with green building operations. Patterson’s distribution centers, which supply products through the Patterson Logistics Services Inc. (PLSI) distribution network, encompass design and construction techniques based on advancing energy efficiency, reusability and focused support and follow-through from our employees.
In fact, our renovated 208,000-square-foot Northern Distribution Center in South Bend, Ind., has achieved LEED certification, an international designation that promotes green design and construction and energy-efficient building systems. The Northern DC supports the dental and veterinary businesses of Patterson Companies, Inc.
The Patterson Technology Center in Effingham, Ill., is vying for LEED certification at the silver level. The new PTC opened in fall 2011 with technological and support advancements for Patterson’s dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply businesses. But the building was also designed with eco-friendly innovation. Construction materials made of mainly recycled content and energy-efficient systems abound. Green solutions also include a habitable roof that reduces heat and improves storm water collection and water-use reduction strategies, like low-flow plumbing fixtures.
With a strong, proactive stance on environmentally safe practices, we are continually taking measures to decrease packaging and use biodegradable materials and other eco-friendly options. Here are a few examples of how Patterson Distribution Centers are making a difference:
Building materials are purchased with recycled content that includes recycled road base (used below building slabs) and suspended ceilings manufactured with recycled paper stock.
Corrugated shipping boxes contain 60-percent recycled content and are 100-percent recyclable. Support for recycling also includes:
- Office supplies made from recycled materials
- Recycling cardboard, plastic and aluminum collected throughout Patterson facilities
- Professional removal and disposal of hazardous waste
- Cardboard balers, recycling chutes and collection bins at individual workstations help ensure success of the recycling program
Each month, PLSI distribution centers recycle an average of:
- 132 tons of cardboard
- 4 tons of plastic wrap
- 9 tons of paper
Additionally, Fill-Air® inflatable cushions that protect products shipped to customers are manufactured by environmentally responsible Sealed Air Corporation and possess qualities that are:
- Designed for maximum protection with minimum material, which reduces required packaging
- Clear and resilient (low density polyethylene film) for easy order verification and less damage to shipped goods
- Designed to reduce original volume by over 90 percent due to deflatable capabilities prior to disposal
- Returnable for recycling to local Sealed Air facilities, as well as providing high-BTU energy contents in municipal incineration
Dodge Nature Center
Patterson supports environment preservation in our communities and embraces opportunity to educate and raise awareness of initiatives to restore and protect our natural resources for future generations.
Patterson Dental Photos
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Patterson Dental full-time (More than 5 years)RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
flexible Hours, great employees to work with, benefits were great with lots of options and easy to renew online your benefits each year along with free company stock and great training.
Company is one of the higher priced margins and product pricing is higher then competitors with no room to come down as it's company philosophy to sell at highest margins possible and justify that by providing better service
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceNo OfferNegative Experience
I had a brief phone interview and was asked to go to the office to take a proctored assessment. It consisted of basic math and averages. The second half was situational sales questions.
- describe you most difficult sale Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
As the Company’s most substantial business and one of North America’s largest distributors of dental merchandise, Patterson Dental offers over 90,000 products and a wide range of leading equipment, software, technology solutions and services.
From humble beginnings in a one-room Milwaukee drugstore in 1877, Patterson has grown to meet the needs of dental professionals...
Mission: Our mission is to lead select specialty markets in creating value for our customers and growth for our Company through our products, services, technology and...