Whether it’s the employee looking for a raise or the CFO trying to tame labor spending, the issue of employee compensation inspires emotion – anger, triumph, anxiety and relief. Long managed in secret by employers, PayScale has pulled the veil off of this touchy topic by letting everyone share exactly what they are paid.
Want to join the pay-transparency revolution?
You’ll find PayScale truly embraces the “work hard, play hard” mentality! PayScale is a great place to work! We’re the market leader in global online compensation data. With the world’s largest database of individual employee compensation profiles, PayScale provides an immediate and precise snapshot of the job market. Our real-time profiling system indexes custom employee attributes (such as industry-specific certifications) and specific job titles for every industry.
PayScale provides cutting edge technology to businesses to help them stay competitive, retain talent and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re known for compensating employees (salaries + stock) very well relative to the rest of the industry, and also offer employees lots of little perks, such as:
- A casual work environment and relaxed dress code (JSS: jeans, shorts, sandals)
- Unlimited coffee, tea (and the occasional office Happy Hour)
- Gym memberships available at a low cost including cardio equipment, free weights, full shower facilities and options for personal training
- Chef available weekly with a variety of options to choose from
- Office located in the heart of avid Seattle sports fan’s paradise – our deck overlooks Century Link Field!
- Great healthcare, FSA options (including transportation), and other benefits
- Ping pong table and a great BBQ deck overlooking the stadiums, complete with grill
GSD - We are “get stuff done” people. Smart and self-directed, employees at PayScale get lots of room to make their own decisions. We prefer to make short bets toward our long term goals and fail occasionally rather than having long, drawn-out projects that slow our evolution.
Work hard. Play hard. Go home! – We work hard and then go home at the end of the day. Some startups are proud of their late nights and long work weeks. Good for them. We are proud of the hard work and great products built, sold, and supported by people who have happy lives both inside and outside of work. We also take time to celebrate our individual and team successes.
Location! Location! Location! – Award-winning dim sum, hand-poured lattes and micro-brews right nearby? You bet! We actually work on top of a brewery. The PayScale office is located in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square neighborhood, next door to the vibrant International District. This area of the Seattle offers an outstanding variety of options for both adventurous and discerning eaters.
Living clean- PayScale’s office has a modern open feel with lots of natural light. We have showers and lockers for the bike commuters and lunchtime runners. We have a large, private outdoor deck with a gas grill. Employees gather here regularly for lunch, mid-work breaks, after work beverage sharing, or meetings in the sun*.
(*Or sun alternative such as rain and clouds.)
PayScale’s total compensation package goes beyond competitive wages and a generous benefits package. We offer a culture founded on work- life balance. Below are some of the perks PayScale can provide YOU:
For a full list of our benefits, please visit our benefits page.
PayScale employees are geeks, jocks, nerds, artists, rockers, gamers, cyclists, and more. Seattle has a diverse culture with an outdoorsy, artistic bent and PayScale leans the same way. We come together to support each other’s charities such as Movember, Crush Kid Cancer, and JDRF. We field multiple teams each year for Seattle’s Bike-to-Work month. And, groups of PayScale’ers gather regularly around the city to support music, comedy, and other artsy endeavors by fellow co-workers.
Essentially speaking, we are a young, hip company in Pioneer Square that has been around long enough to know better, and are still young enough to have opportunity dripping from every corner
The ideal candidate is fun, loves to be in the game, is an A+ player, and wants to win. Winning in this position means not being afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting a little muddy. It means, not being afraid to speak up and come to the table with solutions.
To learn more about our culture, please click here.
We are hiring engaging individuals with clear reasons why they are driven to sell for PayScale! Experience with sales and conceptual selling over the phone is beneficial to an Account Executive’s success and fit within our team. PayScale believes in a fun and exciting place to work – we reward our top performers with Monthly Quota Clubs which include going go-karting, playing whirly ball, putt-putt golf, Mariners, Seahawks and Sounders games and bowling! We take you places – Vegas and Whistler have been destinations for previous President’s Club recipients, as well as local and National SHRM conferences!
Headquartered in Seattle’s Pioneer Square, we take a casual work atmosphere and combine it with a group of highly motivated and energized sales professionals. This isn’t just a great place to work; we are a community that embodies the work hard, play hard mentality. As a company, we offer lucrative opportunities for top performers and a visible career path for both entry level and experienced salespeople.
Who you are:
As an Account Executive you will be a critical member of a FUN, fast-paced, growing Seattle based Technology Company providing Human Resource professionals with compensation solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate new business opportunities through your own prospecting, as well as engaging leads that have already been developed through our website.
- Become an expert for PayScale’s solutions in your territory. It will be your responsibility to be the industry expert in your territory for your customers.
- Exposing and solving real problems for HR professionals and business leaders in new and dynamic ways.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate and have a proven track record of consistently exceeding expectations, both for the company & your customers.
- Energy and enthusiasm are your forte! You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your creativity and quality work.
- You want to be part of a company that is dramatically changing the way compensation is handled across North America
- You’re fearless. You have no problem jumping in head first, constantly learning and pushing yourself to further develop your consultative sales skills.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at PayScale full-time (less than a year)Pros
Awesome leadership team full of very intelligent people who encourage outside ideas for growth! Great people who are invested in their employees and totally transparent about direction of companyCons
the office is in downtown Seattle, pioneer square (actually there are 2 offices). Commute benefits aren't the best and this will be helpful as the company is growing. that's really it though!! Great place to workAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Keep up the great workRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at PayScale in November 2014.Interview Details
Too long. There was no coordination among people interviewing. They had no respect for time for interviewee. Really lengthy and strange interview process that shows lack of professionalism and can really do with some streamlining and a bit of transparency.Interview Questions
Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
- Your implementation of hash table was great(actual code that compiled) but lets write a linked list on white board. Seriously, you tested my coding, you tested my knowledge of data structure, you were satisfied with it and now you want me to write code on white board. I felt I was asked the same thing again and again. Answer Question
PayScale is a growing technology company that is rapidly changing the world of compensation. We hold the largest data source of real-time salary information by crowdsourcing the data from millions of users and applying complex search algorithms to provide detailed statistical analysis of current pay against the market.