Improve the lives of pets and their parents.
If you have a passion to enhance the bond people have with their pets, PETCO has the career for you. You’ll work in a fun environment with great people who share your values. You'll also enjoy many opportunities for professional development and personal fulfillment.
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to live out our love for animals every day. A wagging tail, a contented purr, and a delighted pet parent are just a few of the rewards for our dedication.
Whether we‘re helping someone adopt a new life-long, four-legged family member or educating a pet parent on the right natural foods for their companion animal, we go above and beyond to make sure both pets and parents live life to the fullest.
What do we stand for?
At PETCO, we believe in elevating the lives of animals and enhancing the connection people have with their pets. We are also committed to the highest standards of social responsibility. Through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the PETCO Foundation and other important initiatives, we're making things better for pets, people and the planet.
PETCO is committed to:
- Providing the highest quality pet food and pet supplies
- Training our associates to understand your pet’s specific needs and to offer the right solution
- Designing services to make your life easier and your pet’s life healthier
- Making our stores pet-friendly places
- Encouraging sustainable products and practices
- Working tirelessly with the PETCO Foundation to improve the lives of animals through adoption and advocacy
- Finding innovative ways to better meet the needs of pets and customers
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
At PETCO, we passionately believe:
- That pets enrich our lives, strengthen our communities and make our world a healthier, happier place;
- That all pets deserve a loving home, the best nutrition and a high quality of life;
- And that, everyday, we bring pets and people together and advocate for animals because life is better with a pet.
At PETCO, our decisions and behaviors are guided by seven important values:
- Learning — Gaining the knowledge and skills to adapt, lead and execute - always striving to do better.
- Continuous Improvement — Generating and implementing new ideas to improve quality, efficiency and speed, while reducing costs.
- Teamwork — Building trusting relationships to achieve more together than we could individually.
- Fun — Making work enjoyable and rewarding while creating a fun, positive experience for our customers.
- Performance — Setting aggressive goals and delivering on them consistently over time. Being responsible and accountable - to ourselves and to each other.
- Recognition — Taking time to affirm, acknowledge and thank people for performance achievements. Celebrating positive and profitable behavior.
- Integrity — Being honest, ethical and fair in all our actions, decisions and commitments to one another. Leading by example through our actions and words.
How will you be rewarded?
At PETCO, our associates give so much of themselves to improve the lives of pets and the people who love them. That's why we believe they should be tangibly and generously rewarded for the important role they play in achieving our pet-centric mission.
In addition to our compensation program that rewards outstanding performance, we offer an exceptional array of benefits. This "Total Rewards" package is one of the things that make working at PETCO uniquely fulfilling.
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD&D Insurance
- Associate Paid Supplemental Life, Dependent Life and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) — Available to associates working 20 hours or more/week
- Employee Assistance Program
PETCO helps you build a secure financial future by offering you a 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions.
- Associate Discount - Up to 25% for in store purchase
- Fitness Center Discounts
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Discounted Auto and Home Insurance
- Cell Phone Plan Discounts
At PETCO, we have rewarding opportunities available throughout our organization — from our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our National Support Center. We seek those individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. We offer the following positions:
- Store Associates
- Store Management
- Dog Trainer
- Pet Stylist
- Grooming Salon Manager
- Warehouse Worker
- Distribution Center Supervisor
- National Support Center
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Petco full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
pet friendly and dress casual work environmentCons
No issues or concerns to share.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Petco.Interview Details
The initial application process was lengthy. I was contacted by the phone shortly after to come in for an interview. The interview itself was fairly easy; I was asked about my experience with animals and customer service. After I was hired, the training process was quite lengthy. Many hours were spent in front of a barely working computer watching employee training videos. My on the job training was not as long and involved shadowing other employees for a day or two.Negotiation DetailsThere was no negotiation. They told me what I would start at, and mentioned that there was room for small raises after I was employed for a certain amount of time.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that make it easier for our customers to be great pet parents. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,300 stores nationwide and in Puerto Rico, including more than 50 Unleashed by Petco locations, a smaller format...
Mission: Providing the highest quality pet food and pet supplies
Training our associates to understand your pet’s specific needs and to offer the right solution