I have been working at Pratt Industries USAPros
Close to home
Friendly "higher" ( office) upper management
Good vending choices
Don't have much nice to say
Trying to fill 20 words minimum in this spot.Cons
* Pay is low
* 20 minute break a day
* Direct floor supervisors would rather complain about your down time and set up times rather than help you achieve what is expected.
* very poor and unhelpful floor supervisors
* you will learn more about the company and box making by Google rather than anyone being helpful enough to explain how things work.
* No one on the floor will help you learn how to do your job. You will learn more at this plant by going into the office and having one of them come out. Or in my case google!!
* very unorganized.
* always waiting around for supplies to start your job. (Down time)
* you get treated like your in grade school.
* careless with quality. Would rather get quantity over quality.
* lack of communication
* floor supervisors act like they are lost and have no clue what they are doing.Advice to ManagementAdvice
If you are going to have a supervisor over a certain section of the plant then maybe that supervisor should spend equal amount of time at each machine and with each employee. Not just ONE!!!!! It is what it is, and I hope it gets better. Not just for my sake but for the sake of the company and other employees who are fed up with the same exact things.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pratt Industries USA in July 2013.Interview Details
I received my first communication via email in order to set up my interview which took place approx. a week from that point. My interview not only included the HR manager but several department heads which was pleasantly surprising considering not many companies do that. I was pleased they wanted to determine if they could work with me as much as I wanted to know if I could work with them.
It took about a week before I received a second email inviting me to come back for an interview with department managers and the GM of the location.
Once again I was happy that so many people were taking part in a new hire interview process. To me this meant that teamwork and compatibility are important to the company and essential to the job function.
After that interview it took another week before I received a formal job offer which I gladly accepted.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsPratt Wichita has an excellent group of people working for them. I felt and still feel like I need to pay them to work their. Just like any job there are things that can be improved and not every person is a delight to deal with but overall the company is a great place to work and a fantastic team to be apart of.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Many of them were geared toward finding out if I had the personality and work ethic to perform the functions of the job. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Pratt Industries (USA) doesn't mill around when it comes to recycling and caring for the environment. The company rivals the world's largest privately held manufacturers of recycled paper and packaging. Pratt bridges seven divisions: recycling, mills, corrugating, converting, displays, packaging systems, and national accounts. Its products, which include container board and corrugated sheets, are sold to clients such as Rubbermaid and Pringles. Pratt Industries operates some 50 plants in about 20 states in the US and Mexico. Founded in 1948 by Leon Pratt, grandfather of...