“Great company if you like business ownership responsibilities and opportunities for professional growth ”
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Prestige BrandsRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
There are many things I like about Prestige.
1) Tremendous ownership of your businesses so you can make a real impact - since Prestige has a limited number of people, EVERYONE plays a big role in delivering results. You're definitely not a small cog in the company and you're empowered to be a leader at the company and make a difference.
2) Professional growth and responsibility - if you have initiative/drive to learn, there are many opportunities to take on more responsibilities. If you're looking for things to be handed to you, that's not necessarily going to happen here. If you want to learn a new skillset, there are many business opportunities to do that given the diversity of brands and business models that we have here.
3) Rewarded for results - Prestige isn't a very political place, so if you deliver results, you'll be rewarded. Some folks only like it when the results are good, but if you're ok with both ends of the spectrum, Prestige may be a good fit. I personally have been on both ends and I'm ok with it so I listed it as a PRO
4) Fast-paced, variety - I'm in nearly constant motion dealing with different things everyday. I've worked at both small and large companies and the pace at Prestige is definitely faster than most. You need to be adaptive to change and feel comfortable with a culture that generally has a strong sense of urgency.
5) Strong team-work focus - everyone is really helpful when if comes to getting your projects done. This is why trust and execution are some of the driving principles of the company
Some of the challenges of Prestige include...
1) Rewarded for results - I listed it as a PRO, but some would consider this a CON as well. Since we're a small company, there isn't many places to hide if you're not able to deliver against your goals or getting the job done. Some companies are ok with you if you're days are filled with meetings and you're sending out a million emails a day. That's only OK at Prestige if you're delivering the goods.
2) Resource limitations can be challenging - you have to be resourceful and adaptable in order to get everything done. There are times when you're just being pulled in too many directions given the size of Prestige. Again, this isn't an issue if you're really resourceful at getting information or things done, but Prestige isn't a place for people who don't work well when pushed out of their "problem-solving" comfort zone.
Prestige Brands is a lifesaver in the business of resuscitating offloaded consumer brands. The firm acquires, develops, and markets over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and household cleaning products. Prestige Brands' portfolio includes Chloraseptic, Clear Eyes, Comet, Compound W, Dermoplast, Doctor's Nightguard, Little Remedies, Murine, New-Skin, and many others. Prestige Brands contracts out manufacturing of its products, which are sold through mass merchandisers and retail stores primarily in North America. The company was formed in 1996 to acquire and revitalize leading but...