Puppet Labs Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Puppet Labs full-time (more than an year)Pros
* Inclusive, friendly culture (guided by the CEO, Luke) where people try to be as nice a Portlanders can be. Also trying to be as diverse as Portland, that is, mostly of European descent but trying hard to add some variety.
* High level of technical competence across the org; engineering, QA, docs, sales and support.
* Potential to become a massive enterprise company that runs the Fortune 500's datacenters.
* Focused on Open Source! In response to the other poster's statement that PE is cannibalizing POSS: I don't see that happening. POSS is a core part of the Puppet Labs offering, and the gateway... software to PE!
* Good compensation. The salary is not as impressive as the Bay Area but the low cost of living and high livability of Portland more than makes up for that.
* Shiny new office on the waterfront!
* Growing in headcount and business every year!Cons
* Rapid growth has led to some areas of the culture, toolchain and technology falling by the wayside but recent reorg and direction from the exec team is giving me optimism that things will improve.
* Decision making is slow and cumbersome at times, due to endless, non-productive debate about what the "right" solution is, without attempting to just ship something and see how it fulfills user needs. Reorg/reculture is also targeting this.Advice to ManagementAdvice
* Keep iterating and refining! Don't let inertia, perfectionism, and cynicism slow us down!RecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
Was professional, friendly. They explained the process and was given updates along the way. Met with a lot of people which is a good thing. Could tell they had a methodology of different questions to ask. I always want feedback which a lot of companies are afraid to do. They went through what everyone said. No real surprises. Unfortunately no offer but a good experience. :(Interview Questions
- No surprises here, was able to address all. That's due to studying and anticipating what might be asked. Answer Question
Puppet Labs is the leader in IT automation. Our software helps sysadmins automate configuration and management of machines and the software running on them. With our software, businesses can make rapid, repeatable changes and automatically enforce the consistency of systems and devices, across physical and virtual machines, on prem or in the cloud.
We help tens of thousands of the world’s leading companies manage millions of machines and devices. Companies like Bank of America, Cisco, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, PayPal, and salesforce.com rely on our software to deploy their...