REC Solar specializes in grid-tied solar electric design and installation, offering the latest technology, state of the art equipment, and financing opportunities for commercial customers. We maintain a dedicated staff of engineers, designers, and installers to make solar a turnkey solution for our customers. With a focus on quality, professionalism, and services, REC Solar has excelled to become a trusted market leader.
REC Solar's vision is to make solar electricity part of the mainstream energy supply. By commercializing energy sources that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on fossil fuels, we can contribute to a more secure and sustainable world.
One of the nation’s largest photovoltaic installation companies with several million watts of solar installed, we currently serve many emerging solar markets including Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Oregon and New York business owners. We hope to encourage local and national legislation in order to make solar a practical investment opportunity in every state.
Since 2006, REC Solar has been ranked by the California Energy Commission (CEC) as one of the top solar system installation companies in the state. With the recent Million Solar Roofs legislation signed into action by Governor Schwarzenegger, California has emerged as the nation’s leader in renewable energy and solar electric installations.
REC Solar was founded in 1997 by Judy Ledford and Fred Sisson. REC Solar is one of only a few solar electric companies in California with engineers certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
Although having a national presence, REC Solar prides itself on being a local business in all of the communities where we offer solar electric systems. We currently have over 200 full time employees and we are committed to providing competitive jobs in the communities that we serve.
At REC Solar We Are Always Working To:
- Increase access to renewable solar energy systems nationwide by rapidly expanding the number of locations where REC Solar’s products and services are available.
- Decrease the cost of installing renewable energy systems to a level where subsidies are no longer required.
- Build partnerships with companies that have a strong market presence to accelerate our efforts to bring renewable energy sources to the mainstream.
- Build a Great Company; one that is great to do business with, does great things, and is a great place to work.
Our Values Define our Being:
- We accept that challenges make us stronger and we enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. We take action, make things real, work smart, have fun, and maintain a positive outlook in all things we do.
- We lead by example and use honesty, integrity, and open communications in all of our interactions.
- We strive to continually grow and improve as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
- We maintain a cost conscious attitude, promote increased efficiency, and ensure quality, which leads to a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Sustainability and environmental stewardship through alternative energy sources and renewable energy systems is the core of our business, not only in our products and services we offer, but also the way we operate.
- We achieve customer satisfaction by honoring our commitments, exceeding expectations, and providing the highest quality products and service.
With growth comes opportunity. In fact, many of our leaders have risen through the ranks of the company. We strive to align company goals with employee goals—from technical to environmental and business leadership interests—we’re constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees and our planet.
We take tremendous pride in our solar system project portfolio and look for talented craftspeople who take the same kind of pride in their work. We think and act safety first, and with over 6,000 Solar Electric Systems installed nationwide we have a depth of experience that is only found with an industry leader.
Does your brain operate in overdrive? You’ll fit right in at REC Solar. “The daily grind” and boredom don’t exist at REC Solar. We are constantly challenging ourselves and our team members as we strive for shared success. Whether it’s completing large projects throughout the U.S or implementing new applications and processes for our employees and customers, we push the envelope every day.
- New Grads
Join us, grow, and be a part of the solution. REC Solar believes in providing great opportunities for our employees. Many of our current leadership team started at REC Solar right out of college. With 15 office locations and counting and a commitment to improving the planet, we provide a genuine ground-floor opportunity with a conscience.
Join us in our Energy Revolution as we continue to develop our team.
REC Solar Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at REC Solar full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Great salesforce and customer focus
Big company with a small, family atmosphere
Great in supporting teams and individualsCons
Organizationally spread thin with just under 1000 employees
Communication between regional business lacked in transparencyRecommendsNeutral Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online – interviewed at REC Solar in February 2014.Interview Details
I submitted my resume online. They called me and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was done conference with 2 interviewers. They asked some pretty basic questions about my past experiences in sales, how my non sales jobs would benefit my working in sales, and questions about integrity.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI was happy with the wage offered. Did not see a need to negotiate this pay. It is well above the standard found in other companies.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- The only question I found odd and unexpected was, "What am I grateful for?" View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
With more than 112 MW installed nationwide, REC Solar has been business for over seventeen years serving local communities and businesses. We recognize customers are the most important part of our business. Our professional and friendly team works with you every step of the way to deliver the highest quality, greatest value solar electric system.
Mission: With growth comes opportunity. In fact, many of our leaders have risen through the ranks of the company. We strive to align company goals with employee goals—from...