Our Core Value Compass
Have you heard?
Information security is one of the fastest growing industries, and Rapid7 is at the forefront, helping companies all over the world engineer better security.
At the core of what we do is a fun and inviting community where everyone has the opportunity to do what they love… And there's a lot to love here.
Yes, we are a cool place to work. Over the past several years we've been named one of the Best Places to Work in Boston by the two leading local publications, the BBJ and Boston Globe, and we’ve also been listed among the top 100 tech companies in Austin by Built in Austin. While great, this does not define our culture.
To be a true Rapid7 culture fit, you need to embody our Core Values. These are not just words hanging on a wall or decorating a coffee cup…
Established by a team of our own people and embraced by all who work here, they are what allow us to scale and evolve; regardless of location, team, and role. We hire for them, reward based on them, and weave them into the everyday fabric of our company. Want to see if you fit? Scroll over each core value to see what's critical to us.
Show Me The Money
Yes, we pay competitively. We evaluate performance and compensation on an annual basis. However, it's not enough to just come to work and do your job. Those who see the big increases balance their skills with a great attitude, have a strong aptitude to grow, and embody our core values.
We may hire you for a specific role, but one of the best parts of working at a fast growth company is the ability to take on as much as you are capable of. Continuous learning is one of our core values, and we understand it’s vital to your growth – and ours. As you prove yourself here, there are opportunities not just to move up, but to explore other teams and opportunities around the company. If you are creating impact, Rapid7 is a fantastic place to develop your career.
Think You are a Rockstar?
Aside from promotions, career growth, and compensation adjustments, we have a number of ways for you to be recognized.
Our Moose Awards are a quarterly recognition, celebrating those people who best exhibit our core values. They are announced at our company-wide Town Hall meetings. They are peer nominated, and winners are selected by our executive team. The winners receive a stuffed Moose (our company mascot) and a cash prize. To win one is kind of a big deal.
Our guitar picks are also employee-driven. They are a daily way of people being able to recognize each other for fantastic, above-and-beyond work. Not only does the recipient get a physical guitar pick, but they also are posted in our "Hall of Fame" where everyone in the company can celebrate them.
We support the Security Community by:
- Educating: We offer regular free training, hire interns and host our annual UNITED Security Summit.
- Collaborating: We sponsor industry events (RSA, B-Sides, Black Hat and others) and support industry bodies (OWASP, ISACA, ISSA, B-Sides, the Cloud Security Alliance and the PCI Council). Donating: We contribute to industry charities like Hackers for Charity.
- Enabling: We enable university courses through free enterprise-grade software licenses, trainings and certifications, and instructions and virtual machines for setting up a teaching lab.
We support the Open Source Community by:
- Building: We're proud to have grown the Metasploit community to 175,000+ active users and contributors.
- Mentoring: We support fledgling open source projects Ghost, Buttinsky and Androguard providing promotional and strategic business guidance, as well as financial support to help them get off the ground.
- Backing: As part of our Magnificent7 program, we're also supporting more established open source projects such as John the Ripper and Cuckoo Sandbox to help them achieve their next development goals.
We support the Local Community by:
- Donating: We give software licenses to local schools and charities.
- Sponsoring: We support teams in cyber security challenges and competitions all over the country.
- Supporting: We contribute our time and resources to local and national charity efforts such as fun runs and walks, soup kitchens and Movember.
Rapid7 is engineering better security with simple, innovative solutions for IT security's most critical challenges. Our security data and analytics solutions collect, contextualize, correlate, and analyze the security data you need to dramatically reduce threat exposure and detect compromise in real-time. They speed investigations so you can halt threats and clean up systems fast. Plus, our analytics give you the specific information you need to systematically improve security processes within your organization. Unlike traditional vulnerability assessment or incident management, Rapid7's comprehensive data collection, attacker intelligence and user-behavior analytics give you immediate insight into the security state of your assets and users from the endpoint to the cloud. We offer unmatched capabilities to spot intruders leveraging today's #1 attack vector, compromised credentials. Our ability to help goes beyond our innovative technology. Rapid7 security experts can help you advance your security program, whether you need emergency breach response or to transform your security processes and better align investments to your organization's risk and needs. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 3,500 organizations across 78 countries, including 30% of the Fortune 1000.
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Compelling and rapidly (no pun intended) growing industry. Everyone wants to help each other. Great teamwork. A mixture of on and off premises software provides unique interesting challenges and growth opportunities with very modern technologies.
The company is globally distributed which provides unique challenges in maintaining relationships
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA).
Pretty easy Interview on the phone. Total interview on the phone was about 20 min. Like others have said, they asked me about about my resume/ previous work positions and why I was interested in the company/ how I heard about them. Then they invited me to an employee referral night which, as I understand it, is an event/ party in order to checkout the culture of the office.
- Describe a time you set a goal and you had to overcome adversity in order to achieve that goal Answer Question
Rapid7's IT security solutions deliver visibility and insight that help you make informed decisions, create credible action plans, and monitor progress. They simplify compliance and risk management by uniquely combining contextual threat analysis with fast, comprehensive data collection across your users, assets, services and networks, whether on premise, mobile or ...
Mission: Rapid7’s mission is to engineer simple, innovative solutions for security’s critical challenges.