- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Real Magnet full-timePros
There are some great co-workers at this company who put in a lot of time and effort to try to make the company run well.Cons
Inability to make decisions and stick to them. Things are changed on a daily basis which wastes time and valuable resources since this is a very small company. Some great ideas, but the owners/leaders shoot themselves in the foot by not being able to set a clear course and direction and stick to it. Customers are treated unfairly. Large customers are treated like royalty and get all the bells and whistles, while small companies aren't even informed of what the bells and whistles are.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Completely flesh out your decisions and objectives and then stick to your decisions. Treat all customers equally so the smaller companies can benefit from all your products have to offer.Doesn't RecommendNegative Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Real Magnet in September 2011.Interview Details
Sr. DBA stumbled by Jr. interviewer:
1. Phone interviewed some general questions and went well.
2. Personal interview was okay. I respect that CIO is always busy and didn't want to waste too much time, which is good. However the tech person asked some very general questions and expect you to give a very specific answer. A real Sr. DBA knows that a lot of times "it depends". When I ask more specific conditions and the interviewer just couldn't provide. One example: How do you improve INSERT performance? Answer: MERGE. I think real DBAs know the answer is wrong.
3. I've interviewed many people as well. For the interviewer, please do some researches on the questions. MSSQLTips, SQLAuthority and,....
4. Advices for interviewee: give an easy Jr. DBA answer: RAID 10, MERGE, DISK IO, Partition, Index seek, JOIN hints.Interview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
- Improve INSERT View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –