I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time for more than 8 yearsPros
Not a union hospital but stays competitive with pay and benefits as far as i know. Most of the leadership staff are excellent, who listen to staff suggestions and input. Level 1 trauma hospital with a great reputation for trauma care.Cons
Challenges of inner city hospital emergency department. A few supervisors are overbearing and abrasive.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Allow nurses working 12hour shifts to either work every 3rd holiday or work 8hr shifts during the holiday. Pay holiday pay for more holidays.Recommends
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Regions Hospital in March 2014.Interview Details
- Applied online
- Received a confirmation that the application was received
- Received call from HR two days after applying to schedule an interview. HR asked about salary expectation. HR sent an email to confirm interview time, date, and names of interviewers.
- One hour was planned for the interview. The interview did not last the entire hour.
Number of interviews
- One interview with the Supervisor and Manager of the Department
Perception of the people, office, and work culture
The people are great. From the first call from HR to the interview to the offer all personnel was great to work with. The culture is very much open to new ideas and easy to get a long with. Everyone that I've met so far has been great and optimistic. Management so far have been supportive and eager to have new hires on board. There are a mix of employees who have been there for a long time to those who are fairly new. Even in management there are people who have been with the organization for years and years to those those who have only been there a few months to a few years. There is a lot of emphasis on teamwork and communication.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsUnion position. No negotiation.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Basic questions. No "hard" questions. The questions were more to gauge your thought process and approach to problem solving and teamwork. I suggest to really try to show them who you are and how your personal experiences can work with the current team. Use examples. Answer Question
If you're having twins, are a twin, or just live around the Twin Cities, Regions Hospital can help with your medical needs. The private hospital provides long-term medical and emergency services and special programs in behavioral health, burn, cancer, heart, senior services, and women's care. The hospital has more than 400 beds and offers home, hospice, and senior services through Integrated Home Care, Hospice Services, and affiliate PartneringCare. It is a teaching center for the University of Minnesota Medical School. Established in 1872, Regions Hospital is affiliated...