Resonate Insights Photos
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Resonate Insights full-time (more than a year)Pros
- Every group/division within the company is extremely competent and good at what they do.
- Some of the brightest and most intelligent folks I've ever worked alongside.
- From a technical perspective, they bleed cutting-edge.
- Everyone cares and is passionate about what they do. Willing to go the extra mile to put out a quality product.
- Personable and interactive group of employees which fosters cohesiveness.
- Cool company perks & initiatives - group outings (aka Mystery Events), yoga instructor onsite, biggest loser comp's, nerf guns for everyone, and business casual at best - no need for a suit or sunday's best.
- Executives, Directors, Upper Management are an arm-reach away and always willing to hear you out.Cons
- Since it's a startup, can't pay/comp folks like the big-boys.
- Challenging at times, set the bar high.
- Not at 9 to 5 gig, will need to invest more than 40 hr work week.
- Apparently it's easier to get accepted into Harvard than into Resonate.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue to invest in your internal employees and team. Do your best to challenge and motivate them, but also reward when going the extra mile.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Resonate Insights.Interview Details
A class act.
Started with a 1:1 phone call with the hiring manager, Jason. Right away I felt supported and part of the team - it was a very productive but normal call. I felt comfortable to ask tough questions along with an ease to discuss some of the less fortune parts of my history with additional comments of praise and support as I discussed myself. It's almost safe to say... this is how all interview calls should go.
Although the hiring manager used a consultant to find me, everything after that first phone call was very much personal and as if I submitted my resume or we were old colleagues.
The hiring manager and myself worked very little through the agency and kept things very human and personal. Jason did a good job communicating directly with me and reporting back to the agent vs the usual other-way around. Again, another human moment.
They brought me in for a second in-person interview at the Reston offices. Nice building, nice offices... business casual. A suite would have been too much (for those wondering)
I was able to meet with most of the product team. The VP through the Engineering team. They all came in separately and again... the team was personable, kind, polite and very engaged. I felt supported right away - even when the nervousness of an interview provided a brain-fart or two.
The interview questions were challenging and the team welcomed discussion, Looking back, taking advantage of the open dialogue but making sure not to ramble would have been best. It was easy to get a little too comfortable - FYI (which is a good thing)
The team was transparent about the product, challenges, wins, past, present and future from what I could tell. In short - this interview will be my template for how I interview future candidates. Laid back, honest and productive. It was refreshing.
I think I was scheduled for 1.5 hours and ended up taking 3.5 - most of that was probably my fault. This team is real cool - a class act.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNothing unusual - if anything it was much more transparent than expected.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- The engineering problem walk through - I was trying to pull direction from him while he was trying to see how I break down problems. Very interesting and most importantly effective approach. Answer Question
Resonate enables advertisers to reach audiences based on the nuances in consumers’ belief systems and values. Our proprietary platform allows marketers to build rich consumer profiles to power online advertising campaigns, and gain actionable consumer insights before, during, and after execution. Resonate’s insights power the campaign performance of leading brand and political...
Mission: Data driven insights discovered through the power of 'WHY'